Ended
Watch

Clan Pariahs in Elysium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T
    Thomas Boyle

"Oh, you were an office worker? What industry, if I may dig on this trivial matter?" It was hardly important now, when Kind was removed from his past by virtue of his new occupation and state of being, and yet Thomas appears interested. After all, it may provide some insight into the man's other skills beside arts and thievery "In any case, it's another thing we have in common. I grew up in a strict religious community, without its oppressive push I'd probably never think of another life... or unlife"

Some'd probably say it's unwise to reveal so much of oneself in public, but the eccentric nihilist Mekhet confidant provided a perfect cover. Who'd even listen to two weird people in a corner?

"Not even your Priscus? From what I understand, there's a fair number of Mekhet in the city" It was an interesting thought that this man may voluntarily remove himself even from his own clan.

"Unending? Immortality is just a word, Mr. Kind. There's nothing permanent in this world, and we are no exception - it may happen tomorrow or ten thousand years from now, but eventually everyone here will turn to dust. I intend to be around for the moment entropy itself crumbles, and to prepare myself for it I aim for apotheosis. The way to which, I believe, lies partly in studying the Kindred history and condition"

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"Tech firm. IT work- got into it early, at the push of my folks- said it'd be a secure position. It was, of course- just that 'secure' wasn't what I wanted in life, or the position the hierarchy offered. A few years and I might have made a good career. I'm not some master hacker- but I left with enough knowledge to hold my own. Though, if there's a task solely requiring such a thing one of my cousins is much more preferable."
    Ooof. Religious upbringing? That had to have been some night, waking up a kindred. Inquiring about the Mekhet? Were they truly so numerous? Perhaps if all shadows could shroud a cousin, then they were always beyond counting.

"I've yet to get properly acquainted with several of them. Understand that as a thief and knife for hire, my jobs were simple. They hired me, I did the job, I got paid. No other questions, none needed. Indeed, my... Patron... Seemed to think I'd enjoy an eternity of such a system. Which, I do. And from what I understand, such work isn't unexpected of my blood."

The thief chuckled and showed his fangless teeth. The man was smart- he studied bloodlines, yes? Then certainly he could catch on that Seth was Norvegi, if he didn't know already. Doesn't enjoy the hierarchy, does dirty work, isn't regarded as worth noting? Seth's patron had chosen quite the stereotype.

As for the man's views of immortality...

"ah.. Yes, you've a point there. I haven't been around much- and in truth, I can't imagine such an event. Perhaps that's why you wish to experience it some day? A lifetime understanding all things, save for that which can never be understood until the curtain call? It's almost... romantic."
    Seth gave a chuckle and smirked.

"This talk has been... Enjoyable. Was there anything else you wished to discuss? I'm more than happy to continue this conversation."
    Anything else?

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Computers... one more thing I 'm not proficient with. I'll keep your skill in mind, but... who of the Mekhet'd you endorse for a hacker's job?" One never knows when there's another glass case in need of lifting remotely, after all.

It's the second time Seth implies his blood is somehow distinct, and after the fangless smile there can be no doubt in Thomas' mind. The man is a Norvegus. Not that it changes things at the moment.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-13 10:15:37 Thomas Boyle rolls 6 to Recognize the bloodline (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 1, 10, 5, 5 2 successes

"I see. Well, you don't seem overly concerned with keeping your heritage a secret, but rest assured that I won't go blathering about it. And although some may find it... less than pleasing, let me just say that I don't care. You didn't choose your sire, and from what I gathered you are much more sophisticated than the propaganda makes your bloodline out to be" It'd be entirely natural for Seth to not believe any of this, but if he deigns to scrutinize the Ventrue's intent he'll find that it's genuine.

"Well, what can I say? I have a soft heart" Thomas' own chuckle echoes Seth's

"I'm glad you found it as pleasing as I did. Don't let me keep you, though" He nods "Lots of interesting people in attendance. Until we meet again, Mr. Kind. I hope it'll happen soon"

When all is said and done, Thomas joins THIS thread

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

The man was more than interesting. A fun reminder, to keep tucked in the back of Seth's mind.

"Mr. Menzies, I believe? I can never pronounce the name right. And... Thank you. Though, my actions lately have perhaps tossed aside any sophistication of mine. "

The thief chuckled. Seth had no reason to doubt that the man was genuine- madness and eccentricity made strange bedfellows. Paranoid as he usually was, Seth genuinely felt he could trust the man.

"I hope to meet again soon as well. Until then... Thomas"

Thomas rolled off the tongue better, made it much easier for Seth to give a more charmed farewell, followed by a chuckle. It was as much flair as the thief could offer, given this wasn't normally his forte.

Seth leaves the thread
    Anything else?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.