Ended
Watch

Gathering of the Lords

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    W
    Wilhelm Schroder

The green and black eyes watched with a curious gleam as they watched the obvious rivalry unfold. Then Arturo began speaking. And speaking. Oh. Oh my there’s more.

After the rambling Lance went on Wilhelm notes a mix and match approach to titles. Surely not all of those are correct? Inwardly Wilhelm made note to not get locked into conversation with Arturo if he can help it. He might be bullshitted into the next mornings sunrise waiting for him to finish.

Still, the patient Ventrue listened until all fell to silence. So. Much. Silence.

Pivoting on...

“Perhaps while we wait for the rest of the family to conduct such...important..conversation, we could address my acknowledgement Priscus Simmons?”

He turned his attention looking to the head of the table, hopingrg to move on from this awkward bumbling power play that was unfolding before him by those competeing for whip.

T
    Thomas Boyle

What do you call a member of the Second Estate that is up to their neck in cement?
    Not enough cement.

"Mr. Garcia, you do possess the most remarkable swiftness when jumping to conclusions. I'd applaud it, really..."

For a moment, Thomas considers clapping slowly. Deciding, however, that it'd be too much given his uncertain position.

"... if only those conclusions weren't, to a one, completely wrong" His grin wanes, but lingers in the form of a small smile "Let me explain. One, first names are a priviledge earned by friendship or high station. Whether or not you will find yourself among either, however, we have yet to see. Two, I serve the Domain, but slaves and masters are not the way of the Circle. I have brought the Temple back to life with my own hands, and I alone decide who gets to visit it, and who doesn't. Three, if something happens that you didn't expect, asking why this is so usually yields better results than presuming"

With each point raised, Thomas underscores the number - as if he was trying to explain something basic to a complete novice. It was, however, not nearly as insulting as the thinly-veiled threat Jack's just made. It almost made him smile in contentment. Almost.

He was surprised a little that the Priest tried to make all of them look bad for sitting before Rebecca did. After all, it was the Priscus herself that told them to sit.

"You gave me advice as a man well-versed in protocol, and I appreciate it. Let me repay you by advising you as a scientist: when one has no knowledge on a subject, one doesn't speak on it with boldness until information is gathered"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque passively watched and listened to Arturo and Thomas exchanged their viewpoints. It was frustrating to see the bickering provoked so easily and early in the meeting. A reflexive exhale forced a sigh as Arturo demonstrated the extent that he had missed the point Jacque was making, along with trying to create a faux pas out of air. The Priscus had already invited the Lords to sit and already claimed her rightful seat at the head of the table yet this Lord desired a second invitation to do so.

He had no desire to dog-pile on a fellow Lord and effectively repeat what Thomas had already so elegantly stated but something that was said did not settle well with Jacque. Accomplishing goals already. "Yes, it is young Mister Garcia. Yet, you seem..."

Jacque takes a moment looking off searching his mind for a word before returning his gaze to Arturo, "You know, I would have used to word presumptuous but that would imply a lack of knowing the facts. Considering Priscus Simmons already explained the reason for the vacancy the more appropriate word would be ignorant. You seem... ignorant of reality. As she stated we are all here to discuss the goals of our Clan as one, yet you stand here boasting of personal accomplishments when you've only served as a distraction."

The subtle criticism of Priscus Simmons via his analysis of the state of the Lords' presence still did not sit well, but Jacque knew she did not need him to defend her. He places his hand on the table, raised by arching his fingers, "I beseech those at this table to listen first to what our ambitions and goals are before deciding if you can best serve as Whip. We can all rightfully boast our ability to adequately serve, but I will personally be throwing my lot behind who will best represent the Lords of Sacramento and best help us achieve our goals. Whether it be myself, Mister Boyle or our newly arrived Mister Schroder." He pauses, giving a stern gaze to Arturo, "Even you, Mister Garcia."

He hoped the words marked an end to the bickering for now. Jacque curled his lip in disdain with the offering of the minor boon. He was curious how in such a short time all of the members of the Church he'd encountered wound up paying out boons for talking too damn much.

Blood Hunt:

A
    Arturo Garcia

I will be popping in tomorrow afternoon for a reply to give Rebecca some time to hop back in, as I don't want the thread to run away on her.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca watched the exchange with a friendly grin upon her face. Then she watched as people moved to sit. She was not as bothered by them sitting first, as their choice of seating was far more interesting and informative to the Harpy. When Thomas held the offer of using the Temple open Rebecca replied, "I appreciate that and will keep it in mind."

At Wilhelm's response she replied. "I'm a person who values being informed, so I certainly appreciate avoiding surprises. Especially unpleasant ones."

As Arturo began to start his political engine she spoke. "I appreciate hearing you have faith in me. You are right though, issues will be resolved here tonight," she said before looking out among the rest of them, her smile remaining, "in fact things have already begun." When he asked if Rebecca cared to sit she offered a light chuckle. "Oh, why thank you Mr. Garcia, but even without your offer this is where I was going to sit. It was always going to be my seat," she said, though she remained standing for the moment. There was no ambiguity in her voice though, she was Priscus, and she would dictate how things went, even if she knew he was offering it through respect. After a moment she said with a smile, "and I accept your offered boon."

She allowed them to continued for just a moment longer before holding her hands up to the side and clapping several times to gain everyone's attention. "Gentlemen. Gentlemen. As everyone else has already taken a seat, please sit as well Mr. Garcia." She waited a moment before continuing. "All of us here, by our very nature, seek power," she said with a smile. "We have been lacking a Whip since I rose to Priscus, not out a desire for one but because we lacked the members. Now is different, and tonight we shall remedy that. Arguments, both good and bad, have already begun, and I like that. There will be many more arguments that must be made before I am convinced about who is best to represent our family. One thing is for certain though; the one who serves as Whip will need boldness, such as what has already been displayed by those here. But," she said, holding a hand up for a moment, "you all must be patient. Matters must be taken care of before the fun can begin. Good things come to those who wait after all," she said, her smile wide and friendly. Rebecca had the strange ability to make an order sound like it was in a person's best interest.

As Rebecca went to take a seat herself her attention was then drawn to Wilhelm. "Tell me Mr. Schroder. What brings you to Sacramento, and what are your plans for your stay here?"

Sorry for the delay.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Words were said, and now it was time for the meeting to continue as per the requests of the Priscus, the Lord took his seat with a dutiful not. ”Thank you.” he added for the acceptance of the boon. Prestation was a mixture of power and investment, and brokering it either way was of value to a Kindred.

Arturo took in the Harpy’s words, as they echoed truths espoused by his own council from his previous life. There were no arguments with what the Priscus spoke of, there was keen ear for the particulars and nods in agreement. The conversation shifted to their newest Peer, which Arturo’s eyes casually fell too. He had heard mention of Dragons.

There was a docket now, waiting to be dug into, and decorum was different now that things were in full swing. Now to see what each of them could lay on the table aside from silk and honey, he was sure there was more substance as each of them seemed above it and capable of greatness. This would be the place to begin pushing them each to the height of what they could attain, and assert the strength of the one truth all kindred had to abide by. Their blood.

Savages, Succubi, Shadows, and Worms...Give them nothing.

The Lance sat, smiling as he looked across at the trio.

All good! Life happens, glad you were able to get back so quick!

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

As the conversations continued Wilhelm was the quietest, patiently listening. A Dragon always observes. Not to mention the Lord felt that it was best only to give opinions when asked, but that was more of a personal creed of prudence than an Order practice. His face sparked with renewed interest as he was addressed however. A smile formed on his lips, crocodile like and toothy, though not fang-y. A hand dipped into the crocodile skin briefcase and produced some paperwork.

A contract? Plural. Contracts.

Loan offers in amounts of up to 2-, 4-, 6-, and 8-Thousand dollars with extension dates. Interest starting at 16% though options to change this too were included in the blank spots for tailoring these deals specifically to the needs of individuals, likely based on their credit…or in this case perhaps their status within the various organizations of the Kindred.

He passed out a few copies, a cursory glance at which would reveal information regarding banks in the Caymans, real estate investment groups scattered throughout these United States, and last but certainly not least a boilerplate nondisclosure agreement with 4 major boons and the right to seek further punishment from the proper authorities are listed as recompense for breaking the NDA.

All in all, it was not the blood magic contracts of the Invictus but certainly if acknowledged by Domain officials should remain binding enough for Schroders purposes. A Lord is a Lord regardless of covenant after all.

Once these were passed around, he spoke in his lilting German-American accent.

“Sacramento is a wonderful city that I was directed to by the Order. I understand I can work on my studies here at a decent pace, as well as continue other plans for expansion of my own interests. These are mostly relating to finance and realty, but obviously my interests are within the bounds of the Occult as a third side crowning my little pyramid.”
    He gave a grin looking to see who, if any, among his cousins might see how those three things can interact.

“Of course the question was what my plans are , not what I can offer you...but they're somewhat the same. I, as many in the Schroder banking family before me, am interested in expansion. I wish to help the Ordo Dracul expand its interests, as well as the rest of my family where those interests do not conflict…with a fair return on investment for myself of course.”
    He said gesturing toward the other Ventrue and then the loan agreements.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca was Invictus and money was just part of the danse. She looked over the document and listened to her cousin speak, very interested. "I can see the value in loans for Kindred, so I'm interested to see how your business expands and would love to speak more about this in the future. In fact I provided a loan to Hierophant Krieg not long ago, though seeing as I management and maintain all records for boons I did not require paperwork. He will repay me when the debt comes due," she said with a smile. Behind the smile there was a threat that he would pay or else. But really it was just a little tidbit of information dangled out before this gathering of predators. How would Boyle respond with the knowledge that the head of his covenant was in debt to the Harpy? How would the other Lords? Information had so many uses.

"You will find that the Order is in good hands under Sheriff Moretti, so I wish you luck in both finance and the occult." Rebecca pulled out a slip of paper and slid it across the table to Wilhelm. "On that paper you will find Her Majesty's Laws. In order to live and gain the benefits of her protection, along with the right to feed, you must read those over and then repeat after me: 'I, Wilhelm Schroder, agree to Pledge my Fealty to Her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions.' Do you have any questions?"

I jumped ahead to push through the Acknowledgement, hope that's fine with everyone.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Well, that was a short but enjoyable ride. But all good things (indeed all things - period) must come to an end, and so Thomas nods in thanks to Jack when he implores those gathered to be patient and factual. However, as their Priscus makes those same points, the Malkovian remains still. Any words or gestures would be redundant, and nobody likes things that serve no purpose.

At least Arturo here remains mostly quiet.

This... Schroeder person is an ever-more interesting enigma. When the contracts are dispersed, Thomas focuses on them for a minute, trying to snatch more particulars about the who, what, where, to whom and for how much. If they ever get dispersed with the Clan of Kings' seal of approval, Thomas'd rather know what he is a part of.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-04 16:19:58 Thomas Boyle rolls 7 to Analyze contracts (10 Again) 6, 9, 3, 10, 1, 4, 10, 6, 10, 7 4 successes

When Wilhelm speaks of the pyramid, Thomas comments "Geomancy. Ley lines and Wyrm's Nests" There's no question mark here "You determine the most likely locations for those, then entice people to take loans with the interesting property as collateral. After that, it's just a matter of making sure they are unable to pay" The Lord smiles "Did I get it about right?"

Perhaps a bit disappointing for Rebecca, Thomas' face remains impassive. The reason for that is simple: he already knows.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was an unexpected development to see Wilhelm begin to disperse paperwork. Yet another Dragon migrating to Sacramento. Nevertheless, this was right up Jacque's alley and he thumbed through the pages reading the fine print and terms until he got to the last document.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-04 16:55:46 Jacque rolls 9 to review contracts (int+aca+law) (10 Again) 2, 2, 5, 8, 4, 7, 9, 3, 9 3 successes

He listened to Thomas' analysis, and he nodded to himself in silent agreement with the assessment. Jacque pulls out the NDA and waves it gently towards Wilhelm, "Mister Schroder, I assume you're providing this as an informal request for courtesy. I would assume by your aforementioned success that your normal clientele would receive and sign this before you would provide the protected documents."

Jacque wasn't trying to pick a fight with the new Lord but he was a lawyer after all. If he was expecting him to sign the document, that would be an entirely different matter.

Blood Hunt:

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.