Ended
Watch

Gathering of the Lords

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

There was only one thing clouding the Priscus' happy mood in relation to the Ventrue meeting, and that was that it was taking place at the Nox and not her planned bar. She had wanted to show off what the Lords of Sacramento could do and yet the time was just not right. She would need more time to make her planned venture come to fruition. Regardless she made the best of a less than ideal situation.

In one of the conference rooms within Elysium proper Rebecca set up shop. A long, black satin tablecloth was laid over the table, with elegant candelabras stations along it's length, each candle replaced with an electric on to save them from their beasts while also providing a nice ambiance. As soon as someone entered they would find Rebecca standing at the head of the table, where she was meant to be. Concealing her true emotions perfectly was a mask of friendliness and politeness, one many of her family would recognize as her usual expression. She was thankful for her mask, because from what she had seen so far from interacting with her cousins, the night was only just beginning. She just hoped she didn't have too much fun watching the battle over Whip unfold.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-01 08:30:41 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 2, 6, 7, 9, 5, 1 1 success

T
    Thomas Boyle

Without the usual hustle and bustle of the Nox, the Elysium was eerily quiet. Which makes Thomas' descent into the club that much less distracting - something to be thankful for, if the Crone's expectations of an... exciting evening prove true. The Malkovian, dressed in a black tuxedo (single button, single breasted), opted for a bow tie and oxfords of matching color. The only element of his attire that stands out is a crimson red opera scarf.

Let none say that the Acolytes of Sacramento have no sense of style and occasion.

Thomas enters the conference room only to find it empty, bar their hostess...

"Madam Harpy and Priscus Simmons, good evening - I hope it finds you well" A nod of greeting is given - one to recognize status, but not so deep to suggest sycophancy. Even the Invictus don't like brown-nosers. Especially if the voice of the Beast speaks of murder. The Ventrue looks at the table.

"Are there designated places?" Who knows? The Unconquered have a penchant for hierarchy and order after all...

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

The 2019 Cadillac XTs raised roof 48 Limo pulled around the block. It’s tinted back windows left only mystery as to who was inside. After circling once or twice, it glides into the front of the building and idles briefly. The privacy divider stays up, but the driver hears a beep then a baritone voice comes over the line with just the barest hint of a German-American accent.

“Keep the car idling within a block if you can not find space in the venues parking lot.”

It was not a request, though it did not sound harsh as a command. The driver gave a simple yes sir, and exited the vehicle, opening the limo door for the man behind the divide.

Leather loafers hit the pavement, followed by an expertly tailored brooks brothers suit, matching long coat, and an alligator skin briefcase. The stranger pulled out a pocket watch, noting he was arriving precisely when he intended to.

Taking the briefest of moments, the man filled with a blush for life checked his hair in the reflection of the tinted windows of his limo as the chauffer went back around to the driver’s seat.

He came into the club, easily brushing past security by tipping where necessary. As he entered the club, it was rather dead. He sighed inwardly, happy to be lacking in distractions.

As he made his way through into the bowels of Elysium after a bit of wandering, he found it. The meeting room that held his clan. Well at least two of them. As he entered, he heard the last bit of a conversation, something about seating priority.

Taking the hint, he did not seat himself just yet.

To the two onlookers, with Wilhelms blush of life active, and the first Coil of the Soul working its own peculiar magic he looked very, very alive. Animated even. He breathed reflexively, his eyes wide and smile perfected to hide his fangs. He even fidgeted slightly, scratching absently at his elbow even though his dead body felt nothing other than the hunger that came with his current lack of feeding rights.

The fidgeting would be the only outward hint of his annoyance with the two beasts, one an equal challenge roaring outward, the other begging to be hunted. Inside it was different. The Beastly Dragon within stirred and wanted to hunt. It was so hungry. He took another reflexively deep breath to steady himself before speaking. After all it would do no good to hunt the Priscus of Lords. This was why he came as early as he could. It was polite, and it was helpful. Adjusting to other beasts over time is much preferable compared to many at once.

What felt like eons passed in mere moments, once it passed Wilhelm gave a slight bow to both of his cousins.

“Wilhelm Schroder, obviously of Clan Ventrue, less obviously of the Ordo Dracul. Childer of Ephram Wayneright of the Domain of Portland Maine. It's my pleasure to meet you both.”

The lightly sprinkled V’s for W’s (Vilhelm) and the name itself gave the telling accent of his heritage. As Wilhelm spoke, he chose to skip over his and his Sires Order titles. Again, the Coil added its humanness to his actions. Not a beat was missed as Wilhelm spoke. To the observant even his heterochromatic iris' expanded and contracted with excitement and anticipation of the night. As the Ventrue spoke he gestured here and there with the hand not currently holding the briefcase. The briefcase at a glance looked to be worth what many of the lower income of society might pay a months rent with.

Wilhelm waited to be directed to a seat, at which point he would graciously take his place.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Business needed to be taken care of, and it further postponed the special event he had planned. There was a nice little Cigar Bar he had found where they were going to meet, and have what could only be described as a wonderful time. This came first however.

Arturo Garcia strode through the Elysium with purpose, his attire simple with a black sports coat, and matching slacks with a pair of polished shoes and a deep purple shirt buttoned up beneath. The top most buttons peeled back to make the golden chain visible, but the usual ornament was tucked away.

The serpent hollard and flared, the feathers on his back standing on end as it hissed. There was strength. The claws sunk deep into his chest as the serpent whipped back and forth at the sensation of two other monsters.

The Lord pushed open the door and entered, pausing as he quickly let eyes fall to each of the individuals who had arrived so far. There were the two, the serpent coiled back and arched itself in the chest of Garcia, hissing in his very soul and baring black fangs dripping with green poison. Finally the serpent found the weakest of the beasts, and that was Garcia’s eyes lingered for that extra moment, the beast within rearing back to strike.

This all just a second or two, and Garcia would skirt the room, around the two males and move to the side of Rebecca.

”Priscus Simmons, an absolute pleasure to see you again.” His hands gently held the back of the seat he claimed, next to the Harpy.

”I was shocked to not receive a follow up to your invitation. Is are clan lacking a proper Whip?” If there was one clan which should have stations filled it was the Peerage. The Lord kept his gaze on the Priscus with a handsome smile.

”If that is the case, I accept the responsibility and title.” He bowed his head to the Priscus in reverence, making a note to get around to greeting the others once the first order of business had been dealt with.

Initiative had just been seized, and now more important topics such as the elevation of the Clan of Kings could be discussed, unless some wished to bicker about inevitabilities.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Having parked around the corner, Jacque strolls through the alley up to the entrance of the Nox. The Limo caught his eye as it was leaving, considering it was a low-key night. For the Lord, it was another night and another vest. His pewter tie folded into an ascot, pressed pants and shined shoes. Tucked into the vest pocket was a royal blue square.

He makes his way briskly through the security checkpoints and down the stairway to the meeting room. He smiled in earnest, bowing with respect and greeting each present.

"Priscus Simmons, Mister Boyle and Mister Shroder," the Beast attempts to reach through his cage to his calves in a plea to turn heel and leave. Jacque knew there was no danger in Elysium though and subdued the primal wishes.

He glanced over the dress of the gentlemen, noting the instinct to dress to impress. Shroder's clothing was particularly intriguing to him, his past life as a lawyer making him privy to the prestige of the suit and briefcase he was sporting. This wasn't simply trying to impress- it was sending a message with style. "I must say that suit is sharp. Please tell me your tailor isn't a well kept secret." He offers a playful grin before adding, "I'm Jack."

Hearing Thomas' question he patiently waits for the response while keeping an eye out for other arrivals.

Whoop, didn't refresh before posting and didn't see Garcia sneak in before me I'll address you on the next round.

Blood Hunt:

R
    Rebecca Simmons

And so it began. One by one the Lords entered, each one except Jack making her Catalyst beg Rebecca to flee; to leave the room, cowering in fear, regretting she ever thought she could rule over the Lords. Instead she held her smile firm. Time had proven her worth and she had remained in control ever since Aaron left. She would remain in control now, even with the surge of new arrivals.

Her face was like the water in a mirror-esque lake. It reflected out but never revealed what darkness lay underneath. Ventrue were social creatures, though not in the same way the Succubus were. They valued social dominance. They desired control and power over their political enemies. But none could gain the emotional upper hand over Rebecca, for none could see behind Rebecca's mask. None could see the darkness under the surface, only the friendly and polite expression she wanted them to see.

She smiled as she watched them prowl around, offering their welcomes, dressed in their best. What she found most interesting was Arturo gracefully making his way to stand at her right hand. Her grin grew as she watched the directness of his power play; the true Ventrueness of it all.

But before addressing Arturo, she first focused on Thomas, who had arrived first. "Good evening Mr. Boyle. So wonderful to see you again. Oh and I wanted to thank you again for your offer to use the Crone Temple as a meeting venue. It was quite generous, even if I ultimately decided we should meet in Her Majesty's Elysium," she said, gesturing to their current location. Her eyes, for the briefest of moments, shifted back to Arturo as she revealed Boyle's previous power play. How would the suave Lance respond to such knowledge? Then she addressed his question about seating. "There is no assigned seating here tonight, but please," she said, spreading out both of her hands as if showing off all their possible choices before both of her hands landed on her seat at the head of the table, "sit where you think is best." Their choice would be most informative. Rebecca was, after all, Invictus as well.

She then focused her attention on the new arrival. She gave him a slightly surprised look before smiling wide. "Ah, Mr. Schroder. A pleasure to meet you as well. Thank you so much for sending your letter in advance of your arrival. I would have hated to hear that a member of our family was unable to attend due to a lack of notice. As you may have guessed, I am Madam Priscus Rebecca Simmons, Harpy of Sacramento. Once the meeting fully begins we'll take up the matter of your Acknowledgement, as I'm sure you're anxious to settle down in your new home," she said with a friendly smile.

Then her eyes quickly shifted back to Arturo, grinning again at his boldness. "I like a man who is direct with what he wants, Mr. Garcia. It's a very valuable quality." There was no tone of seduction in her voice, though her friendliness may have come off as slight flirtation. "You are correct in your assessment that our Clan does not currently have a Whip. For far too long we had so few members that there was barely a need for regular meetings, let alone a Whip. I hope to remedy that this evening, so thank you for officially announcing your intentions for the position." It wasn't a rejection by any means, but it certainly wasn't an automatic acceptance of his offer as well. The best things in life and the unlife came from proving your worth, and Rebecca was very interested in seeing who would prove themselves most worthy of the position. Then, just before turning her attention away she said, "and a pleasure to see you as well."

Then finally she turned her attention to Jack to offer him a simple greeting. "Good evening Mr. Jack, so good to see you again."

To be clear, the table is a long rectangle. Rebecca is standing at the head of the table and there are chairs lining both sides as well as the opposite end of the table from Rebecca. I'd like to give a little time for if Ashley Cohen or Graham Finley will be joining the scene, but I figure there's no harm if we all start talking.

T
    Thomas Boyle

What any Lord worth the name learns sooner rather than later is that their clan is not very good at moderation. In fact, its population is almost solely divided in two groups: wise leaders and pompous fools. Such musings overcame Thomas as he saw what 'Mr.Garcia' is doing.

His Beast was strong, though. As was the one hidden by Wilhelm. Jack's own monster, however, remained hidden. "Mr. Jack, a pleasure to see you again" Those with a good ear would notice that indeed it was, at least for Thomas "Mr. Schroeder, pleased to make your acquaintance" Now, who did he omit? Oh, probably no one of importance...

Thomas smiles as Rebecca reveals his plan and Covenant in one fell swoop. The Prince couldn't choose a slicker Harpy "The offer is always on the table, shall another meeting place be needed. Of course, all of you are welcome to visit at any time. The restorative work paid off well, if I do say so myself" If you have accomplishments, advertise them. Skulking around is for Shadows and losers.

At the Priscus' cue, Thomas takes a seat to her left - directly opposed to Garcia - surely a very telling sign to someone such as Miss Simmons. When she is done responding to Garcia's claim, Thomas grins.

"My cousin accepts gifts that were not offered to him. Does he also hear things that were not spoken? Live in houses not yet built?" If the other Ventrue's idea was to claim the prize by virtue of being the first to point at it, Thomas was intent on teaching him that was not always the best solution "Indeed, he takes no time to introduce himself to, or greet, those he wishes to preside over. Which reminds me that proper introductions are in order. As Madam Harpy Simmons already alluded, my name is Thomas Boyle, a student of the occult and a member of the Circle of the Crone"

W
    Wilhelm Schroder

Open seating at a Ventrue meeting? You couldn't label a trap any better without the use of neon signs.

Wilhelm responded first to Jack, a pleasure, lovely to meet you et cet. Then more jovially he chuckled "The only secret regarding my tailor is that if my acknowledgement goes well I will need a new one."He gave a real smile, even with his eyes in acknowledgement of Priscis Simmons offer to discuss acknowledgement later “I felt a letter was only polite. I wouldn’t want to give any unpleasant surprises.” Not this early in the game.

He exchanged pleasantries with the remaining two lords he had not addressed, short but sweet. Pleased to meet yous out of the way he took a seat on the left hand side in the center of the table.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Likewise", he responds to Rebecca with a smile.

A grin curls across his lips as he listens to Thomas address Arturo and introduce himself. He pulls out the chair and seats himself to Thomas' left as a silent sign of solidarity, for now.
    "It is admirable to have the courage and ambition to reach out and seize an object of your desire, Mister Garcia.", pausing and offering a bow of his head in respect before gesturing a hand to Thomas, "However, for what you bring to the table in determination you seemingly lack equal parts of wisdom to give it a necessary potency, as Mister Boyle has so aptly demonstrated."

He glances to Wilhelm before continuing to address Arturo, "I know you have not been here long, but I have seen enough to know that without that proper balance you will likely find yourself with neither favor or power, except for whatever you choose to self-proclaim while visiting Her Majesty's barrens. Take or leave that insight as you see fit."

He had not expected this evening to come with a bid for a duty, but here it was. It would be an interesting evening indeed. He glances to the door curious to see what other Lords may turn up.

Blood Hunt:

A
    Arturo Garcia

Everyone was just so friendly, it was amusing.

Rebecca was also a gem, and it wasn’t just the hint of flirtation that was resonant in her voice, it was her guile. She sought to put blood in the water so the sharks would swarm, challenged them with seating. This was a game for her, and Arturo admired that. He certainly hoped she was able to continue to hold her title as Priscus, she was handling the Peerage so excellently.

As the Harpy dropped the knowledge of the potential meeting place Garcia’s eyes shifted to where the young looking Kindred had seated, the one who seemed so happy to rise to a challenge. He was putting in an effort, and Arturo liked that. Mr. Boyle was someone he could see rising to great heights. His gaze drifted back to Simmons.

Priscus Simmons, you will find I bring that attitude to all manners relating to the Clan of Kings. Hopefully we will be able to settle many issues of our position in the Domain as a clan tonight, I have great faith in you.” His own words were dipped in would could be called flirtation, it was only kind he repay her with his own appreciations. Now for the boy. . .

Arturo shifted his body language towards Thomas who sat, while both Arturo and the Priscus stood, he had a friendly smile on his face, he was amongst Lords truly.

”Thomas, I am sure you serve the Hierophant. He must have great respect for you if he was to let you invite your fellow Lords into his Temple. As for the matters of this meeting, Sir and Madame are titles that will serve you tremendously. You see, when a meeting starts that is where formal introductions tend to happen, as ones name and title are of consequence and above small talk. Hence, Sir or Madame are there for you to use until than, and avoid redundancies before our the event commences.”

Arturo, with one hand still on his seat and fully visible, extended his right hand to the seated Thomas Boyle, offering it for a shake.

”Since you insist however, I will grant you the courtesy, I am Arturo Garcia of the Laneca et Sanctum.” He hoped Thomas knew the drill, he already had to teach a savage this week, but had faith the Lord would know better.

People sat, such a bold move to do so before Rebecca. Arturo turns back to the Harpy.

”Priscus Simmons, would you care to have a seat at the head of our table while we wait? It would be rude of me to do so before you, as Priscus.” It was a way to educate, and likely came off as snide, but that is how the Ventrue worked. To point out a faux pas once was to determine who would sink or float as you were likely to never see it again.

Jacque decided to join in as well, and Arturo could sense the pack starting to form. Truly this was a city run by a Savage Prince.

”Ah yes, my time in this domain is young is it not? Hence my surprise to learn that we are lacking someone in the position to help lead our Peerage to greater heights. I fully have expected one of the Lords of Sacramento to offer their hand in service to our Priscus.This is not the case, thus actions must be taken. Every night we have laid inert is a night where our collective power and favor have waned. If my single act of boldness and the disdain for it motivates my Peers to seek a greater role in the Domain than I must say I am accomplishing my goals already.”

Undeterred, he glanced to each of Lords seated across from him still smiling. So rambunctious, all of them and they were well spoken. This was not the worst group he had worked with when he was on the Vicar council, the raw potential of each them making the predator gleam as it envisioned a bigger prize for the Clan of Kings.

Savages, Succubi, Shadows, and Worms. . .Give them nothing.

”Priscus Simmons,” his snapped back to the Harpy, ”I wish to apologize for continuing this conversation without your grace. It was improper of me to continue speaking on matters which will discussed when you formally commence the meeting. Please accept a minor boon for my part in the rukus.”

It was poor taste for Arturo to indulge the other Lords as such before the start of their designated meeting, but with such potential in front of him he could only see their legends growing.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.