DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"I wish I knew. I mean, I've thought about it a great deal. I've always had self-confidence issues. I'm no psychologist, but it may relate to my upbringing and the circumstances of my Embrace. I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with any Bloodline. I've just never really felt at ease with myself. It's my normal. But it is inconvenient. It's like its own Beast, always present, always lurking, like a voice in my head pointing out all my shortcomings. I'm sure everyone has a voice like that. But mine is just...mine is just more so."

Yet speaking as he is, Derek doesn't seem resistant to sharing his own vulnerabilities. Perhaps he feels obligated to offer up something of himself after Lina had exposed a self-realized flaw.

"Perhaps its a fear of failure as well as a fear of success. Either course has its consequences. Perhaps I hesitate out of uncertainty. No, I'm sure it's out of uncertainty. Unless it's a clear path where I can see all the obstacles...though I know that's not realistic or perhaps even ideal. Anyways...I'm sure I could on. It's something I wish to better define and understand about myself."

He looks away awkwardly, wondering if he rambled too much or was unclear with what he is trying to convey.

L
    Lina Moretti

"You've got anxiety, bro. It's a thing. A thing you might even be able to improve upon with some counselling... and I'm pretty sure Atticus James has a background in that. Just saying. I bet he'd probably be willing to help you out, especially if you're joining the Order."

The big Gangrel was a soft-spoken straight shooter who didn't mince words or waste time. The Grand Wyrm suspected that Mitnick would know precisely whether or not Deputy James was willing to help him out within about five seconds of broaching the topic - and in a city like this, having a Kindred counselor was actually a pretty good idea. A flash, as she wondered if the Gangrel would one day swear off the Coils and become a Confessor.

"No need to be shy, Shadow. I suspect it's less out of a fear of anything in particular than simply just the idea that you might actually know what you're doing. The path you're seeking to walk, it's never 100% clear. You're going to get used to that, one way or another, and the act will make you better for it if you carry it out and succeed."

Failure was not really an option, after all.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"I appreciate your understanding," Derek answers. "I am, if anything, aware of the dangers of stepping out of line. I suppose I should thank my Sire for teaching me that much. I suppose I will have to work on my improvisation."

Derek remains still and silent for a moment, without pulse or breath to indicate he was anything but a standing corpse. After the moment passes he says, "Thank you for your encouragement and this opportunity. Really. I will do my best to meet your expectations."

A hand moves to one of the spinner handles on the foosball table and spins it idly. "Best of ten, perhaps?"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cross

This seems like a great place to wrap it up! Thanks for the scene! I'll let you hit up Steven , who can begin your entry into the Order!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread