(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the office contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage.

Playing softly from speakers hidden around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright. It was in the seating area that the Prince sat.

Beside the Savage laid a rather large Rottweiler, pushing over hundred and twenty pounds. Its body thick with muscle, and hatred burning in its eyes. This was not a dog you approached, this was one you steered clear of and gave respect.

The top desk drawer contained stakes. No way was she replacing chairs again.

The Prince herself sat behind the desk, folders open and typing on the laptop. She was fairly casual, and colorful, in a yellow tank top with black leather pants.
    Seth Kind Derek Menzies Vassagon Typhuzuzu13
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth knocked politely and came in, a duffel bag over his shoulder.... And what he finds is a room from his nightmares.

There were two kinds of people Seth stole from. Antique collectors, with items Seth might enjoy, and rich pricks that had more cash than they knew what to do with. The latter was always simple. The former... Well, the former was how he ended up a vampire in the first place, trying to rob from one of the kindred's sacred shrines or whatnot.

Skulls. Macabre arrangements...ashes? and a dog. This place was a thief's worst nightmare, and whatever could be of value wouldn't be worth the repercussions.

"you had a job for me."

Not a question, no need for simple questions with clients. Kindred business was still business. Nor was there any need to address her decor or her companion. He wanted to get his job, and leave as soon as possible. That was the best way to do things.
    Anything else?

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

A summons to see the Prince could be very good or very bad. Always the pessimist, Derek is a tightly wound bundle of nerves as he descends the stairs to seek out the Prince's office.

Is it because of Adam? Are the Shadows to be laid out and tortured for signs of treachery? Or is it because of the Sheriff's recommendation? I've tried to be useful to her... The fears pop into his paranoid mind in a swirl of violent thoughts, considerations, and precautions. Running only proved guilt. Subservience might warrant the same mercy his cousin received. After all, he hadn't done anything so bold.

He knocks on the open door to announce his arrival only to find Seth ahead of him. The duffel bag gave him pause. Derek had only brought his laptop, slung over his shoulder in its carrier. And a smart phone of course. He wears his usual dark jeans and black hoodie ensemble.

"Your Grace," Derek bows his head respectfully as he sees the Prince, cringing before the Predator's Taint she emits. "What service m..may I provide." Deference with a quiver of a stutter betraying his thinly-veiled fear. His eyes glance briefly to the dog, very aware of its presence.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life

+1
    SL
    PRE

She feels the weak Beast before she looked up. Her Beast roared in anger, wanting her to add the weak and rude one to the jars. Closing the laptop, she looks to Seth. Cain’s own head lifting, ears back as he stares at the Shadow. Eager for the word.

Dark eyes look at him for a moment, “This is still Elysia and manners are still a very good thing to have, I hope you haven’t forgotten yours.” The implication clear, she was still the fucking Prince and he would respect her. In her office. In her Domain.

The knock drew her attention and she saw Derek. The insecure Shadow who had manners. Her face softened slightly,

“Thank you both for coming.” She replies. “There was recently an indecent, and long story short, a gun fight led us to finding one of my soldiers under the Vinculum.” Former soldier was the more correct term.

“I was told by Deputy Blackbird that one of you is a good hacker and one is good at not being seen. Both will be very useful to me. Was the Deputy correct?”

5. Likes Stray liked this post

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"She was not mistaken. I can fulfill such tasks."

for the right price.
    Seth so wanted to include that last bit- these were the clients he normally hated. Because they expected you to just roll over. Like a dog. Hopefully this client, experienced as she was, would understand that Seth didn't usually work for free. And that in his line of work, his proficiency correlated directly to his paycheck. Living was fine. Living well was better.
    Anything else?

7. Likes Stray liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Deputy Blackbird mentioned me? Not the Sheriff? Interesting...

"The Deputy is correct. I have a b..background in computers and the...addition experience exploiting vulnerabilities in software and hardware." A slight pause and side glance to Seth. "And I also can move about unseen if need be."

Twice as useful, twice as unlikely to be discarded should Derek's paranoia have any basis in reality. "I assume, Your Grace, that this Vinculum was performed without your permission?"

9. Likes Stray liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes narrow, did he not hear her? Or was he choosing to be fucking stupid? It was so hard to tell these days.

“I’m going to let you in on a little secret to the criminal world and this Domain,”
    she says looking Seth in the eyes, “respect is expected to those in positions of power, those that rule. I happen to hold that both in this Domain and in the criminal world. So you want to grow in either, you show some goddamn respect to those above you. Because right now, you will not rise in either.” She’d make sure of it.

She was done with him. Worthless.

Looking to Derek, the one with obvious sense and smarts.

Her face softened, but only slightly, “That’s perfect! This is the number.” It would be curious to see if he was able.

“I would never perform a Vinculum on one of my soldiers. They’re too easily replaced by another one eager to prove themselves.” Kine, disposable. "This is purely a recon, we need as much info on this guy as you can get. Then we'll strike."

Sighing, “Clearly, you’re going to need some extra help on the ground.” A cold look offered briefly to Seth. She’s be calling his Priscus after this. “So I’m calling in two new faces from Court.”

@Arturo
    @Strong King
    @Dmitri Scott

@shinjidai

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth raised an eyebrow. Yep. That kind of job. He had to hold back an irritated sigh.

"My apologies, your criminally-gifted grace. The last thing I would want is to be held back in this society."

ShE CANNOT ConTROl uS! ShE FEarS DeATh!
    a wince from Seth as his beast complained.

"Did you know enough of the... Soldier... to recognize if this was a standard Vinculum? Any deviations in behavior, prior to this?"
    That detail was actually very important. A normal Vinculum, as she said, was... Disposable. Eager suckups that groveled and put up with crap for a raise. Corporate trash. But some exhibited dangerously cult-like behavior, bordering on insane. Junkies with a select fix were one thing. Devoted slaves were another.

Seth left his nervous friend with the number, and closed his eyes to think. Plans in his head, setups, positioning...

"If this is reconnaissance, every person added on the ground increases the chance of failure. A new set of steps to be heard, a new set of prints to find. Say what you will of my mannerisms, your grace- my talents as a thief were not determined by such things. I'm not the best team-player, but if the game is stealth... Huh...

she called us in first...

"Why did you call us in first?... "
    Was she going to give a corporate answer? 'such issues are not your concern. I'm the boss, and your job is to do what I say. Blah Blah Blah.' Lords above he hoped not...
    Anything else?

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Even Derek winces at the chiding tone of the Prince as she points out Seth's flippancy. He's amazed that his cousin would treat her like any other Kindred, especially after one of their Clan had so blatantly insulted and threatened her in Court. It takes all of his self-control not to quiver in place. But the Prince seems none of her disapproval is being directed at himself. So there is that at least.

While he interprets her permission to approach to receive the offered number, be it address or telephone, he can hear the droning voice of his cousin's impertinence continue. He turns around and returns to Seth's side, whispering to his cousin, "Please...stop...talking," before righting himself to face the Prince again.

What had been said is said already, so there is little else he can do for damage control if the Prince takes further insult. But perhaps a subtle pleading to his cousin might be warning enough.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes level on Seth once more, "I suggest you just sit there and stop talking. You're doing yourself, and your Clan no favors right now." least Davis had the common sense to stop talking.

Looking over to Derek, "I'll fill in any gaps once the others show up, then we only need to go over things once." efficient.

Seems my tags didn't work

Arturo Garcia
    Strong King
    Dmitri Scott
    @shinjidai

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread