Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1902) A Moment Aside

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Stepping aside, the Chatelaine addressed the purpose of the evening. It was true that many were flitting about, socializing, enjoying the food and talking -- indeed, even Maxwell was. The stew was exceptional, but there was more to this evening that these Lost needed. Not just because Winter needed it, but because they all did. Winter was the season of sorrow - but also, Winter was the season of getting over shit for the rebirth anew that always came with the advent of Spring.

"My Queen, the fire is stoked, and your subjects have arrived. How shall we honor Winter's spirit this evening?"

He had ideas, to be sure, but ever the loyal subject, he would await his Queen's plan before offering his comments. This was, after all, something that she had brought forward. He was merely an attendant.
    Selena

S
    Sasha

As she and Maxwell walked around, it seemed like Sonnie was having a great time handing out the glow sticks and other favors. She picked the right person for that.

"Do you have something in mind, Mr. Pierce? Not many seemed to offer suggestions, so I presumed everyone just wanted it to be casual." Her violets wide and ready for any suggestions.

I also feel like I made a lot of announcements the last gathering." The Coronation still had a sour taste on her pallet, more coffee or marshmallows were probably in order.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"I do, ma'am." The quiet Chatelaine peered out over the gathering, contemplating a moment. "Stories. One of the things that we all must do is process the grief and trauma of what has happened to us. This is a time of contemplation, and indeed, for some, a time to share with a group of people who would understand... or at least lend a friendly ear."

He gave a small shrug, hands buried in his overcoat's pockets.

"To accept what has happened and not drown in sorrow requires processing. Talk is one of the best ways for people to do that... if they choose to. If they wish to. But they would need someone to lead that, to show them it is all right to grieve. Hell, for some of them? To even show them how. Grieving unalone before the fire, so that they can prepare for the rebirth of Spring... it is a service we can do for them all."

Most Changelings were broken. They'd suffered beyond measure. How did you process something like a Durance? How do you overcome all the terror of what comes after, the anger, and the desire for a better life being constantly beaten back by the Fae's terrible machinations?

It was clear that he was suggesting she lead them, as the Queen of Sorrow.

S
    Sasha

"Well, perhaps we may want to invite some to a small gathering off to one of the sides of the bonfire, and have it entirely optional." This part, she was entirely firm on with a slow nod of her head. She liked the idea the Chatelaine had, but, didn't want to force it upon the entire Freehold to tell sorrowful stories and grieve.

"I do see your point of letting things off of our chests in order to usher in Spring. So, I can lead at least start off the explanation and see if anyone wants to go first. Unless you had another way you'd like to go about it." The Fairest had no issue leading the start of it, it would just be up to someone to go first. Yet, she had a feeling that this was part of a plan that Maxwell and herself had, and what they spoke about on another day.

Please answer, but I will start the new thread

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Optional is good. Naturally."

He shrugged. Her concern about bringing it off to the side confused him somewhat; this was Winter's gathering. If people did not expect Winter things to occur, well, that would surprise him. However, it was her house. Her rules. His main point, though, was about leadership.

"Will you lead us in this? You are the Queen of Sorrow. Surely, yours would be the ideal place to start, ma'am. Especially after all that you have seen."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest nodded and moved to do what was needed.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.