Ended
Watch

Study Session

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg waved his hands, patting the air, "Slow down speedy. It's a marathon, not a race." Such an eager student. "The first step involves slight of hand for Touch of Shadow. You must know what you can and cannot conceal."

He arose, the chain relaxing in a groan from the weight lifting up. Krieg retrieved a pen from a drawer. He held it aloft as he spoke, "If you were to hide a a stake within a box, and then tried to conceal the box itself, the stake would be visible."

Walking back to his seat, he invoked the Discipline. The pen disappeared within his hand, as he tapped his left ear.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 14:27:25 Krieg rolls 8 to Touch of Shadow on ordinary pen - Wits + Larceny + Obfuscate + 2 size bonus, concealable within hand (10 Again) 1, 4, 1, 10, 7, 7, 1, 4, 1 1 success

"Now, you know I have a pen on my person."
    he held up both hands, palms facing out. "Yet, you do not see it, even though," he snapped his fingers, cancelling the effect, "It was right in front of you the entire time." There it was, the pen manifested, sitting upon the bridge his of left earlobe and his scalp.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches closely, intently staring in fact. He makes no comment, only nodding slight, possibly unconsciously or possibly to indicate that he is following.

"That's not just...'sleight of hand'." he says, thoughtfully. "But it depends on the same skill?" he asks.

K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded, "Concealing something it is founded upon slight of hand. Think of it as a Kindred's version, if you would."

The Hierophant examined the pen in his fingers for second, then locked onto Dirt Nap. "As this is not within your Clan's proficiency, it will not come naturally as Protean does, do not beat yourself up for not grasping it on the first try." He tossed the pen over to Dirt Nap. "I want you to take a few moments to concentrate solely on the pen. You'll feel silly staring at it, but, don't worry about it."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, taking the pen without comment and staring intensely at it, diligently examining and measuring it in his mind, length, weight, color, composition and function. He rotates it in his fingers, taking in the texture and varying circumference along it's length.

K
    Krieg

"Now," he spoke with encouragement, "pretend it is fading away. The pen is simply not there any more. Use your strength of will to act upon the world."

As this is an instruction scene, we can role play this out. No need to do rolls.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slightly in acknowledgment of hearing Krieg's, his teacher's words and stares hard at the pen, attempting to compensate for a complete lack of training and experience with larcenous ways by sheer force of his considerable will!

Hm, without rolls though, I really am not sure how to gauge the trade off, so I will let that part of the narration go to you. He's got Resolve 4 + Larceny 0.

K
    Krieg

The Gangrel's mental aptitude proved to be formidable. For what seemingly felt like minutes, the Haunt observed as the color washed out, growing more translucent. Gradually, the implement faded entirely.

"Excellent work," Krieg nodded in approval. "Is it still in your hand?"

Dirt Nap was able to see the pen without any issue.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"...yesss." Dirt Nap says, still staring intensely at the the spot in his hand where the pen was. "Wait a second. Are you saying you don't see it anymore?" he asks, startled out of his concentration.

C
    Cross

The power will not work until Ruach has paid the XP for Obfuscate, but if he spends it this is a good scene to manifest it.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

Thanks! I am totally willing! However, I only have 2 xp right now, pending XPR results, so won't even be able to put in the request until Feb xp is out. I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.