Watch

The Breakfast Table

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Alastor

The kitchen.

A place of unity. A place of connection. Of mornings shared, of breakfasts held, of newspapers read and 'how was your days' exchanged. The firehouse had a kitchen, too. That kitchen had a table. On that table was a plate, and on the plate were eggs and slightly overdone bacon. For Alastor, the place hummed with subtle power, with the lines between friends and objects and the world, all wrapped up in the cocoon of the raw power of his Wards.

It was comfortable.

It was safe.

A place of camaraderie, where the Adamantine Arrow came together to break bread, share stories, and be as one.

At the table, the First Talon crunched away at a piece of bacon. He was wearing a black tank top and a pair of jeans. His ever present aviators were on his face, and he was squinting against the sun that was pouring in through their kitchen's window.

What a nice morning it was. He flipped through the Sacramento Bee and wondered how work was going to be that day.

An open thread for Aegis members. Come in as you see fit!

Xadun Whisper Ruach

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze comes down, with laundry basket that looks like he's doing a load of whites, maybe bedding. He starts the load in the washer and comes in to breakfast looking refreshed and energetic with youth.

"Good morning, Sir." Kaze says cheerfully, moving smoothly to get out two plates and and a pair of forks, spoons and mugs. He sets two settings, and loads up his plate with bacon and eggs, sitting at a ninety degree angle from Alastor, the other plate setting across from him.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx comes down the stairs in a scarlet tank-top and training pants. Something seems to have finally settled in the youngest Arrow in the last few days, some point passed and tension released. She greets the First Talon with a small smile, setting her knives on the table and slides into the chair with the set place, snagging a peice of toast and munching it quietly.

"Sleep well?" She asks Alastor softly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"Morning," Alastor said pleasantly, sipping from his cup of steaming black coffee. Cream was for people who didn't understand that even Breakfast is War. He placed the cup on the table. "Y'all ever hear the one about the Navy ops officer who was sitting in the galley of a ship, with a beam of light coming through the window and hitting him in the face? He could have moved. But instead, he calls up to the bridge, and adjusts the ship's heading just enough to move the sun out of his eyes." An amused smile crossed his face. "That's how I feel about this firehouse, right about now."

He glanced from each to each.

"What's happening?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Phoenyx as she comes in, nodding to her with his mouth full of eggs.

He smiles broadly and nods in acknowledgement at Alastor's story illustration. Apparently, he is familiar.

Kaze grins at Alastor's question, but just chews, not speaking with his mouth full, and actually taking another large bite of eggs to chew on as the silence lengthens.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx cocks her head slightly. "I'm amazed you still need to worry about the sun in your eyes," she remarks, referring to the huge aviators.

"Winter, Cosmo and I found an artifact of Awakened craftmanship in an antique store. I'll be heading over to the Circle later to work on the item itself, see what it is we've found. I think they'll be fighting over it soon enough but it has oriental connections so I'm very curious, before one of them steals it away." She continues with her toast. "Then training, later."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Artifacts of Awakened craftsmanship? That caught Alastor's attention. Kaze just grinning and not answering like an eager puppy, and ending his sentence in 'sir'? That caught the back of Alastor's mind.

First things first.

"Let me know if you need any help figuring out its power. I make a study of Prime and artifacts, believe it or not. If Winter gets the idea that thing is dangerous, it'll disappear in short order if it is in his custody. So. Find a Mystagogue right quick if it's useful or if you care about it not being destroyed."

He slid his attention over to Kaze, aviators smoothly gliding around like his head was on a swivel.

"What's up?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles broadly, "Learning new things, Sir." he says. "Night school, working on the EMT license, got back from the Plague Years in London, that was a trip. Even got my deposit back on the costume." he chuckles.

Then, he looks more serious. "Have a set up to meet with Councillor Aurora to ask her some things. Learning Life, and planning to be an EMT...I want to know how she handles being able to heal...anything, and not do it." he says. "'cause I won't be doing it either, but I want to know how she feels about it, handles it."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Won't know until we get there," Phoenyx says with a shrug. "I'll keep an eye on them. We don't know what it yet but if it looks shiny I'll let you and the Hierarch know."

She pours some tea. "The training sessions are going well. I want to try the mages that take part in sparring soon."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Kaze looked happy. That was good. He'd been so fucking morose about life when he thought all he had to be was a weapon. That was a part of it, but people always fought harder when they had something to lose. "Honest work's good for the soul," he agreed. "I'm sure there will be plenty of people who are lucky to have your skilled hands saving their asses."

He contemplated the healing or not healing question.

"Can't say I agree with you there. I'd save a life - healing just enough to save a life, nothing more. But hey. It's your Soul, your magic, not mine."

He turned his attention back to Phoenyx.

"Good work. It's always good when people can hold their own long enough for help to show. Sorry I haven't been able to join you. I've been in the books a fair bit myself. Trying to understand Patterning for Space. It's a lot... who's shown themselves to be capable?"

I'm going to hold off on the Plague discussion, as we are still in a connected scene that is active and not yet in continuity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.