Ended
Watch

(1902) Fireside Marshmallows

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

Sasha had grabbed one of the bags of marshmallows and some long roasting sticks as well as a container of the fudge stripped cookies. "I hope these are as delicious as I've heard."

"What can I do for you Circe?" Opening the bag, and placing a marshmallow on the long toasting pole.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The key I hear is ta get 'em golden, just at the cusp of burnin' from white ta black," Circe comments as she too tries to roast some sugary puff balls on a stick. As for Sasha's question, that makes her crimson eyes look over her shoulder, "We were gonna discus Max's big clamore from last time right?" Eyes turn back to Sasha, "Not sure if the director is invited too or just the crown club," Circe shrugs yet still manages to keep the marshmallows in proper place. "Ya wanna wait, not, or just talk about Max or things while we wait?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Sasha

Sasha had toasted hers to a golden brown and pulled two cookies out of the package. She placed them around the marshmallow to start cooling, or melting the chocolate.

"We will be having a Sovereign meeting soon. So Ingrid can join us now, but tonight isn't the place for a meeting that should have limited distractions." Her violet eyes looked at the Summer, she was firm on that decision and it was clear in her eyes.

The Dancer was still casual for the time being while she asked sincerely. "Regarding Mr. Pierce though. what issue did you find with him? Because his reaction to things had a lot to do with other things taking place during the Winter Coronation." Sasha wasn't playing dumb by any means, she wanted to actually hear what caused the offense. Hopefully her subtle hint that there were more severe things that happened in the Onyx's eyes would make her rethink her words.

The sandwich treat had cooled enough to take a bite. Her eyes closed a moment, as she savored it. "Wow, this is good." Muffled through food in her mouth, which was impolite, but it was so delicious.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe plucked a golden marshmallow from her stick, munching on it without care for decorum as she listened to Sasha speak. Then another marshmallow was added to the stick as blue shoulders shrug rather then argue the point of the meeting thing.

Swallowing the toasted puff she decided to give a direct answer, "As a Summer I hafta like what he did. Conflict and struggle. He insulted folks fer sure," she snorts out a laugh, "The way he put it? We ain't a Freehold without an Oath? Maybe he just ain't a rhetorician but if I'd said that it'd only mean two things," her free hand raises up with the index finger extended. "I'm tryin' ta pick a fight or," middle finger goes up, "I was trolling. Not ta promote debate its just kinda a habit now. Oh wait was he," Circe raises the new marshmallow to her lips. And blows out the fire on it, "Ya know, trolling ta make a debate?"

Circe waits for the burnt puff to cool as she reached for her own s'more crackers and chocolate. "Gold is good," she nods in approval.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Sasha

The Fairest shook her head. "I don't think he was trolling and I don't think he was attempting to pick a fight. He's also not the first to ask. But, there may have been some background to Mr. Pierce's reasoning that none of us are aware of." Putting another marshmallow on a stick to toast, she was thankful that this was more of a casual conversation. "A few years ago, we did have a Freehold Oath. It worked well, it protected us for the most part. It also gave us a sign, for those who had an issue swearing it, that they may be up to something. So, it did have it's merit."

Keeping it near the heat, but not the flame, she turned it in her fingers but also looked to Circe between checking the sugary glob. "I traveled a lot before settling down in Sacramento. All but two Freeholds I traveled through asked to swear an oath, even when I told them I wouldn't be there long, they still insisted. So, it's not an uncommon thing."

Pointing to the container of cookies. "The cookie things are good. Not sure they're better than chocolate and graham crackers, but I think equally delicious."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm from the Bay," Circe's tone was flat as she answered. "The Oath there did nothin' ta hinder the back stabbing shit they pulled on each other," she grabbed a pair of cookies. "So ta me an Oath don't guarantee good intentions."

She places the burnt marshmallow between the two cookies and squeezes, sliding the gooey fluff off the stick. "But that's the only other Freehold I been ta. So like the worst one possible," she points behind her then points at Sasha, "And now the best possible." She shakes her head, "I recommend not visitin' the Bay. If ya got more experience then ya know my policy," she then bites the cookie sandwich. She hummed, "Mmmph mph! Mmm mmm mph." Then swallows, "Good call on the cookies."

After a pause she continues telling Sasha her policy. "Oh, right policy. Always take advice from an expert in their field. Ya wanna know about guns, talk ta me. I wanna know about Freeholds I talk ta ya. Savvy?" She asks with a smile as she bites into the cookie s'more again.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes heads over from the outside of the firelight's edge. "Ladies!" He says brightly. "I do hope I'm not interrupting, but we have another new face looking to pay respects to the Courtly Sovereigns. This is Rich - Ah, definately one of yours, Circe. I could feel it through the winds." He waves an arm towards the large man.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Sasha

The Fairest had an understanding face as she continued to savor the newly toasted marshmallow. She wondered if she meant San Francisco Bay or another bay. There were many, but that wasn't really the point the Summer Fairest was making. "I understand, sadly there are many Freeholds that left bad impressions. Which is mostly why people have sought new ones, I'm sure." There were plenty of reasons, but those were a few.

"I will head your advice and not visit the Bay." Nodding in agreement.

Smiling, the Dancer was pleased she was enjoying the cookie-marshmallow sandwich. "Glad you like them."

Savvy, was a little different. Last she'd heard that term was from one of the Pirate movies with Johnny Depp. "Yes, I am in agreement. I haven't had the need for a weapon like that quite yet, but there may be a day. Granted, I'm much better with an bow and arrow or spear."

But then, Rhodes and found them. She smiled when he approached. "Oh, another new person Mr. Rhodes? Wonderful. Circe, it seems like he needs your attention."

They seemed to be content for now on the discussion, she could be wrong. Yet, somehow Sasha had a feeling the Larcenist would let her know if there was more.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Three of four had already arrived, the Dread King mentions. As he confirmed, the bitter cold and shining lights of the northern skies which had caught his attention before were of the winter monarch; and here in front of him was the Lord of Autumn. That led to the final conclusion in Rich’s mind, that the gentle breeze of spring which had been brushing up against the pressure of his own mantle must have been that of the third monarch. Rich did however note that the Winter Queen was with the summer courtier he had briefly met at the bar.

Rich of course would take up the offer of following the lord to meet the winter queen, and as they approached he would greet Sasha accordingly, offering a small bow to the Winter monarch, ”A pleasure to finally meet the Onyx Queen during her reign.”

There were two things that caught the large man’s attention as he quickly stood up. Your’s?. As he stood his full height at six foot eight he was likely looking down at the three who stood around him, and the Winter Queen began to defer to the summer courtier.

”I believe there has been a lack of communication at play here.” Heat flooded the area, cutting through the chill of winter for a moment, but the pressure could be felt pulsing off the large man. He was keeping a smile, but there were definitely some things that needed clearing up.

”Firstly I would like to emphasize I am sworn to the Crimson Court, and have pledged to no one here yet. I wouldn’t exactly say I am anyone’s, but sometimes we mix our words.” He was all smiles, it could be anyone’s mistake. He turned to Circe now, as the puzzle pieces fell into place about what was being implied.

”Now, sweet summer child. The King of Autumn mentioned you were a member of my court. I believe the first impression was already squandered, so is there anything you would wish to clarify for me?”

Was this a case of lordlings playing in the frontier? He hadn’t thought Sacramento would be so wild. He was willing to guess there had been a breakdown of the ramparts. However he did not want to assume that his first interaction with the claimed head of summer had been the poor example he remembered it as.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A lithe, greyscale Wizened bearing the stark mantle of Winter approached. Introductions were occurring, misunderstandings had begun, and none of that was of interest to Maxwell J. Pierce save for the ripples it caused and the potential risk to his Queen if it got out of hand. A wan smile was writ on his face as he found his way over to the side of Winter Actual.

"Good evening," he said, plainly to the group before turning his attention to Sasha. "My Queen, regarding this evening's event, when you have a moment..."

Not that he was dragging her away. Merely advising her that he had a thought, or a question, or a point to be made.

"There is not a rush, of course. I do not wish to interrupt."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.