Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable and Elettra walk in together. "We are fine." Mable hears Adam's whole speech.

"By the way, We will not be reporting it to the Sheriff. It is my opinion, sorry if I am repeating anything you folks have discussed, that we destroy this thing. Afterwards we tell the Prince about it. I have seen shit in movies that the promise knowledge and power never ends well. Just watch a damn Indiana Jones movie, specifically the crystal skulls one. It's all bad. I suggest you all wipe those power hungry looks off your faces and let's destroy it."Mable was obviously getting super cranky with the men.

E
    Elettra Vitale

"I apologize for having to walk out." Elettra hears what Adam and Mable have to say, "I agree with Mable, yeah it may give promises of knowledge but at what cost? It's asking for blood, I am sure the more it's fed the more it wants. And what would it do to the person who feeds it? To me, it seems to dangerous of a risk to keep it around. Also, it is important to inform the Prince as soon as possible."

C
    Cross

Thomas Boyle

Flashes in his mind. An image of the Farm burning. A feeling of desperation. A sense of blame welling up, blame for those trying to destroy the Eye, like it had something to tell them, like they were being hasty and missing something...

K
    Krieg

Both of the women had valid points. But...but...Krieg knew more intimately than the others did.

His hands squeezed into fists at his sides. "I know what I saw in my vision," he said just loud enough to draw attention to himself. "It is an idol of corruption. The Eye will inevitably build up to a price that cannot be met. Whatever is needed to destroy it, or even if we drop it into the ocean, it must be disposed of."

T
    Thomas Boyle

"I... I agree. Let's keep it out of Moretti's hands, at least for now. But as soon as we're done here, I'll send a note to the Prince of a meeting in the Temple. Then we can discuss the item's further fate" But for that, they'd need a unified voice, and from what Thomas is seeing it is quite far from that.

In fact, if Thomas believed in the concept of sin, the willing ignorance some here display would be pretty high on the list.

"Me and Adam and Mable are evidence that the Eye's influence can be resisted. In fact, the mind inside must know very well that greed is directly against its self-interest. Let me explain" Go, go, Boyle's power of lecturing people!

"Suppose I use the Eye and something terrible happens to me - I get posessed, destroyed, driven to madness, imagine whatever grisly fate you want. What happens then? Of course, you destroy it - in effect, the Eye would pay the ultimate price for a very fleeting advantage. Would it make sense to any of you?" He assesses the other Kindred reaction "I am not nearly so foolish to say this thing is benevolent. No, it is most certainly a parasite, but like everything else it has a place in the natural order. With proper, cautious study it could provide untold insights into our enemies - helping save scores of people, Kindred and kine!" Noting the growing level of excitement, Thomas quickly composes himself and continues calmly.

"We know very little of it. There's more to the Eye, and its mysteries must be studied. To do otherwise would be worse than a crime - it would be a mistake"

The vision steeled Thomas resolve. Of course, the Eye wanted to keep existing and it was playing the long game of persuasion and, likely, deception. But so was Thomas. And he is not going to be checkmated by some whining spirit.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"I am prepared to perform the ritual to completely eliminate the threat this artifact poses to the domain. It is a blessing to serve this Domain and prove my loyalty to those within."

Placing his hands behind his back in a show of confidence and assuredness. "It will take time to assemble the needed materials. This is not something one simple tosses out to be rid of. It has a mind and can influence others. It reached out to our minds and brought us together. What will prevent it from reaching out to others? What's to say it hasn't already. We need to address the pressing concerns. We inform the Sheriff and Prince but with what information? As mentioned the Dragons will lock it away for study and their own personal advantage. I will attest, its goal is to consume one's soul. Though we are damned, we are not lost. This thing seeks to keep us from our true paths. We need to have a secure, isolated containment site, where it cannot reach out to sway the minds of the easily manipulated. A place where it cannot reach out and attempt to corrupt. We need time to destroy it."

Adam was already running all the variables in his head. The Eye had a mind of its own. It has summoned them together to release it. As soon as this coterie ceased to offer that possibility to it, the Eye would reach out to a group that would. Adam hoped that the others would see they had little choice. As long as they treated it as an object instead of a conscious entity, they would lose.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable walked over to the eye and looked carefully at it. "Ok my scholarly friends, how does the eye work? you say it wants blood, how does it get the blood? How do you plan to learn more about it?"

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"In simple terms.... you bleed on it. Then, through its psychic link, it imparts its knowledge." Adam was very tempted to do just that. The lure of untold lore tugged at his consciousness.

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Do we know all that we can find out about it without bleeding on it? I still think that is too risky of a move. So many unknowns." Elettra is concerned for the safety of everyone there if that's the route that they decide to go.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"That is all I have read about the artifact. I would need access to an adequate library to uncover more."

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.