Ended
Watch

(The Eye) Diving into Mystery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg arrived at the Altar. He pressed his hands upon the stone. Though he did not need to breathe, he sucked in large lungfuls of air. "What...the...fuck...." he continued belting out a variety of creative swears. He sighed, angrily. He turned around seeing Mable's approach, he waved her away, "No, go back to the house...I think...I think...I'm fine."

T
    Thomas Boyle

"The Eye of Asmodeus is a tool. We have bested its influence once, if whatever dwells in it is sentient at all - and I believe it is - it should know we are not to be trifled with. In any case, it is no different than a shotgun - the recoil can break your arm if it's used improperly, but the advantages it offers far outweigh it"

He, too, pauses to let the Priest think on his argument.

"You may have a point that we shouldn't be hasty about using it, though. In fact, I have some ideas for experiments we could conduct. Sprinling the Eye with animal blood, for example. We could even use humans, if one of the Domain'd be willing to lend us a blood doll or a ghoul. As for Kindred... wasn't there a captured poacher of some kind present at last Formal Court? I'm sure no one would miss that particular guinea pig"

Thomas falls silent again, but only for a few moments.

"I still want to try it out, though, and I will - just maybe after we let the Sheriff know what transpired, and in her presence" Of course, there's the possibility of giving away the prize for free, but it certainly beats grinding his fragile reputation to dust "But if we're in agreement that this artifact is an asset to be studied, that it should be presented as such to the Domain officials, and that we should share custody of it - then I belive we have an accord"

Could it be so easy? Could they be making history right now, building a civil relationship between the Church and the Circle? "In the meantime - please, tell me of this ritual you mentioned. The one that'd destroy it"

C
    Cross

Once they are away from the Eye, those who ran off begin to feel better, like they could face it once more...

C
    Cross

Once they are away from the Eye, those who ran off begin to feel better, like they could face it once more...

@Thomas, @Adam, roll Int + Politics + 3.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable feels her pockets and realizes she left her phone inside. To Krieg, "That thing needs to be destroyed. We need to tell the Prince about it. We didn't tell her about Cat and that got you in trouble. I need to check on Elettra then I will go in." Mable runs down the driveway towards Elettra, "Are you better now?"

K
    Krieg

Krieg sighed heavily. The march back to the house seemed longer - he was lost in his thoughts.

Something that powerful would be helpful for us. Yet...
    his foots crunched on a collection of twigs blown there by the wind. Yet, Mable has a point. He thought back to the night at Court. Adam would spill the beans before we had a chance to harness this artifact. Ale would only lock in her quarters. It bothered him greatly that Caroline was of no use to him.

He returned to the house, "Alright gentlemen," he tried to be 'nice' about his fright. "Pardon that outburst. What the hell are we dealing with?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

Hearing Mable approach, Elettra stands up and dusts off her knees. "Yes, I think so. I just had to get out of there. That thing, whatever it is. Is quite powerful and thirsty. Is everyone else ok?" Taking another moment to ready herself, "Should we head back in and see if they are closer to figuring out what it is?"

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Krieg!" Thomas seemed mirthful, figuring the Hierophant of all people would back his play "We were just discussing the details of custody and further research on this artifact - it's called the 'Eye of Asmodeus', you see, an object housing a powerful entity, fully capable of bestowing great knowledge... for a blood price" The prospect of shedding his own Vitae on this thing doesn't seem to bother Thomas in the slightest.

"I think me and Adam are in agreement that it should be shown to the Sheriff and the Prince as quickly as possible. I cannot overstate the importance of this finding!" The Ventrue seemed giddy.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-27 16:56:56 Thomas Boyle rolls 4 to Politics? (10 Again) 6, 3, 10, 5, 10, 6 2 successes

C
    Cross

Thomas does a snap assessment and realizes that showing this sort of object to the Sheriff will almost certainly lead to it being seized for study the Dragons. Moretti? A leader of an occult faction with the power of the Prince's Law behind her?

On the other hand... the Prince might be able to be negotiated with directly. Alessandra Antinori was not well known for being an occultist.

Adam could come to the same conclusion on a single success for Int + Politics + 3.

Folks, this is my gentle OOC warning that bringing this item to Lina is going to lead to this plot ending. Please don't involve my PC in my own plots.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-27 20:11:19 Adam Exlibrist rolls 3 to Roll politics (int + pol + 3) (10 Again) 10, 3, 7, 9 2 successes

Adam stood in silence as he pondered the weighty decision.

"And lo Daniel did speak, 'Since death has no hold upon us, neither shall you, for we shall not die and be taken by the likes of you, for even if I descend to Hell, I shall not be under your command.'"

"No, the Order should not have knowledge or access to this. The Sheriff need only know that it is contained and is no longer a threat. For all purposes, it is inert until fed. But I am concerned for the soul of those Kindred who deems themselves brave enough to use it. Those of us who have already given in too much to our beast risk losing what humanity we have left and becoming a
    draugr, a revenant to be hunted down. There must be someone to help those who use this device to regain that lost spark or be consumed by the infernal light this relic offers. The Prince and Sherrif will be quick to hunt us down as members of the Brood."

With the reentrance of Krieg. "Hierophant, it pleases me to see you return. Mr. Boyle is correct. The hardliners of the Sanctum would likely wish this thing destroyed. I am not a member of that sect. It should be kept from the Ordo, away from the Sherrif. I am sure this creates a conflict with your duties, but as Deputy, she is more likely to believe you when told that the threat to the Domain has been contained. We should not hide its existence from the Court but don't necessarily have to inform them of its capabilities."

Seeing that the women had not returned. "Are the others ok?"

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.