Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1902) Acknowledging the Lance

THREADID
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Once Rebecca had stopped at her intended destination, she turned to face Arturo Garcia , a smile on her face. "I'm glad to hear you find Sacramento entrancing, Mr. Garcia. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to the city? I ask out of curiosity because not long ago another member of the Second Estate joined our numbers. I just wondered if your arrivals were related." She paused for a moment to let the question linger before smiling wider and adding, "But of course I'm also just personally curious about what brings you here." It was always important to find out what brought about the travels of her family, or at least as much as they would reveal.

A
    Arturo Garcia

He was amongst his own blood now, there was a relief while his beast would not allow such a reprieve, its head butted against his ribs and obsidian claws gripping them like a cage as it hissed and sought to tower over its rival. While they moved this caused the ventrue’s eyes to narrow and his hands tense, as was their curse. When they were alone, and the smiled was given to him he return with his own grin, they were simply lords speaking to one another now, not snarling monsters.

”The Prince had mentioned another Lance arriving recently. More troubling to me was the fact that this arrival marked a rebirth of the covenant here. That is beside the point, I myself have no relation to this other Lance and have come on my own accord. My home has had many changes, not all I was at peace with. Rather than linger I decided to try my hand at travelling, and my journey brought us to this point.” There was no point in giving a complete farce, he had not been kicked out or blood hunted, there may have been some sour moods but he had made sure his affairs were settled.

Where they had made it had a two plush seats and a small table between the chairs, a perfect perch look at at portions of the venue that were not hidden away. He moved around the seat , hands on the high back, and maneuvering it so it was more in line with Rebecca’s body, making it easier for her to simply slip in. It would have been rude not to pull her seat out. If she sat he himself would move around to take a place beside her in the twin seat - or simply stand if she chose not too.

”Yourself, Priscus Simmons, how long have you called Sacramento home? Have you been the head of our peerage for long?” Ventrue were a special breed, and Arturo made sure to note that calling their kind lords, and peerage the ventrue were a cut above the other clans and it was important to act the part. He sought to prod for information himself, not asking for deep dark secrets, but for answers that would let him better understand the landscape.

His eyes casually glanced back to catch Mr. Prosper, where they had left him if he was still there. ”And please, if I am keeping you from important matters we can make things curt.” He had no issues entertaining the Priscus, but did not seek to be a bother on his first meeting.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"I must admit I was quite surprised when I first learned that there were no Lance within Sacramento, but from what I've gathered it has more to do with a lack of members than dislike of the church by Her Majesty." Her tone was friendly and calm as she watched him. "I find that our existence is defined by either nesting in one area for years upon years, or constant journey for where we may fit. I guess you could say it's just as much a part of our curse as never being able to see the sun again." When you could live far past a normal human lifespan, moving and starting over again carried far more potential.

She watched as he moved to the seat, but did not take it. Good. She could feel the fear his beast caused her Catalyst. A fear that his strength would tear apart everything she held dear, and yet he still showed her respect. He truly was one of them. She sat down on one of the seats, watching if he would follow before they continued.

Already he was seeking information, which showed he was smart. "You'll find that many within the city are newer than you'd expect. I've been here since August of last year, Priscus since November, and Harpy for a little before that. Those who have been here longest are Her Majesty, Prince Antinori, Seneschal Vivian York, and Archon Twist." All Invictus, and all people Rebecca had gained favor with.

Rebecca watched as his eyes drifted to Garrett. "Nothing important. Just the usual political theater we're all so accustom to. While our family is secure, other families are on the edge of something interesting," she said with a smile. "Not to mention that at the last Court Her Majesty announced that she was seeking someone to fill the role of Keeper for her Elysium. That person would be the one who proved to have the most connections with the police and city hall. I'm curious to see who ends up competing for it." He was new to her. She had not yet determined his ambitions, but she was curious if her news would spark something within him.

"But with that all said, family comes first, and we shouldn't wait too long. There's always time to talk afterwards anyway," she said with a smile. Hidden from within her purse she pulled out a slip of paper and passed it over to Arturo. "Please take a moment and read this, then hand it back to me. If you don't have any questions I then ask you to repeat after me: 'I, Arturo Garcia, agree to Pledge my Fealty to Her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions.'" She then waited and watched how he would respond.

A
    Arturo Garcia

He raised a hand, running a thumb across his brow as he contemplated, or maybe it was to express displeasure as she moved away. Would he follow? No, not at all. He stalked. Once she had moved a few paces ahead he chased, with confident strides, at a set pace. Once she found a place to rest, he would find a seat nearby and take his place. That was a very interesting tidbit of information, knowing that a good measure of the population has not been in Sacramento long. It meant that the ways were not set, that there were less trenches to maneuver.

”The family, when do we meet?” He was straight to the point about that matter, and was hoping to hear that this wasn’t some sort once in a blue moon. “And what are our interests?” The clan of kings should have something that helped distinguish themselves from the rest of the blood. His eyes turned from the floor of court to the priscus. His heavy gaze rested on her face.

She addressed that situation with Keeper. Very interesting, and it seems the kitten has come bearing claws he mused in his mind which brought the grin back as he turned to look at Prosper. As the Priscus continued on and produced the paper he eyed it through a couple of times. Prices had to be paid to operate in this society. ”I, Arturo Garcia, agree to Pledge my Fealty to Her Majesty, Alessandra Antinori. If I break any of her Majesty's Laws, I understand there will be consequences for my actions. A small price to pay, and the laws did not inhibit ambition if one was clever.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Her smile was friendly, but her eyes were watching. Watching as he found his own place to rest near her. She held her smile for an extra moment before replying. "Soon you and every other member of our family shall be receiving a formal invitation to our next meeting. I anticipate that it will be on the first of next month." Then he asked about the family interests. "Our family has shown promise so far. Before he left, the former Priscus was a Co-Regent with Sheriff Moretti over Florin and a member of the Ordo Dracul. But as for current family members we have connection to almost every covenant in the city. As you've no doubt gathered from Her Majesty's introduction I am of the First Estate. As for the others, we have Mr. Thomas Boyle," she said, her eyes noticing that he was not currently in attendance, "who is a member of the Circle of the Crone, and Ashley Cohen," another absent figure, though she had been absent recently, "who is a member of the Carthian Movement. Jack, which as far as he has told me is his only name, is currently Unaligned."

She shifted in her seat as she continued. "Now extending past covenant connections I'm currently Harpy of the domain and keeper of Prestation records. I also have a thriving business in illicit pharmaceuticals. The position of Whip though has not currently been filled." Her eyes watched him closely as she spoke, wondering what his reaction would be. "Tell me, where do your interests lie? Where do you hope to cultivate influence?" Would it extend past the church?

Then Rebecca noticed that the Prince, the Sheriff, and several Deputies had gathered around Adam. Unfortunately she could not divide her attention and focus on what was happening. Becoming distracted in a conversation with a Lord was risky business. She could not allow herself to appear weak.

He then took the paper and offered his oath which renewed her smile. "Wonderful. Then by the power vested in me by Her Majesty Alessandra Antinori, I hereby Acknowledge you and welcome you into Sacramento."

Arturo Garcia is officially Acknowledged and can raise his Doamin Status to 1.

A
    Arturo Garcia

It was interesting to see the spread of the blood through all walks here. The question was were these individuals spread out as they each sought to rise to the top of their prospective houses and avoid each other in the rat race, or were they all just delightfully free spirited. One thought made him proud, the other gave him the disappointment only a father could know. Regardless that would something to explore further at the clan meeting, and did not need to be aired, and he was at least joyful that a clan meeting was in the works. The Priscus was good at what she was doing. In terms of organization she as on track.

Raising a hand to his mouth he rubbed his chin for a moment, and dropped glances throughout the room again, before turning to the Harpy making sure she turned to meet his intense gaze for a moment, then with his eyes looked to Mr. Prosper to head the Harpy’s there, and then back again. In a hushed whisper he give her a simple message. ”Watch that one” Nothing incriminating, nothing scandalous, potentially praise, potentially a warming. The young looking vampire was bold and Arturo did not want a fellow lord to be caught flat footed.

”Now, Priscus Simmons, I would love to meet with you outside of court, somewhere a tad less formal. Plus it seems as though you may have to take some steps to keep your records up to date.” He added a chuckle with the last comment, having had the commotion of the other Lance in his ear. Arturo stood from his seat, and moved to rejoin the court in progress, ready to take in as much as he could - after making sure that she had his contact information of course.

Arturo returns to the main thread, unless the Priscus has any other pressing business.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Arturo offered his warning Rebecca simply smiled a friendly smile. Her eyes shifted to Garrett before she spoke. "Oh, I will. Thank you," she said politely. He was certainly one to watch, for many reasons.

"I think that would be wonderful. We'll have to find some time for that." Her eyes shifted to Adam's bold declaration and what appeared to be the Prince and Sheriff's agreement. Rebecca would have to find out some more information though before she recorded it in her notebook. "That seems to be the case. You have a good evening Mr. Garcia," as gathered his contact information, giving him her own, before she watched him leave.

Rebecca joined the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.