Ended
Watch

A Night with the Acolytes

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

The Crone Farm can be accessed from a long dirt driveway that has a few ruts from wear and tear. The driveway is tree lined on the right with little views of fields peaking through. The left side is lined by a dense forest. The end of the driveway opens up to a small one story farm house with a friendly porch. The farm house has solar panels on the roof. There is a port-a-potty outside for the farm workers and guests. An outdoors sink is set up near by. Care has been taken for the farm to be as green and ecologically based as possible.
    A wide clearing of dirt and grass is in front of the house. The fields beside and behind the house consist mostly of fields with different kinds of low vegetation. On the edges however, are higher trees and such to offer privacy to anything happening within the Circle's property.

When guests enter, the first room they arrive in would best be described as warm and welcoming.

Beside the farm are several greenhouses that are being rebuilt. Right now one of the greenhouses has the compost pile. There is a small tool shed and a two-stale stable also on the property. An old tractor and other miscellaneous farm equipment is scattered about.

-------------

Krieg invited Jacque to the Farm. Mable Wood was likely to be around. Thomas Boyle knew he was always welcome.

The Hierophant awaited Mr. Jack's arrival.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque pulled up the long dirt driveway and parked in a reasonable spot in the clearing near the house. Exiting the vehicle, he looked around himself to survey his surroundings only to find himself fairly out of place with the density of the forest and the trees that seemingly encircled the perimeter of the farm.* He also took a moment to review the vegetation to see what kind of crops were the focus of the Crone's labors.**

Given the simple environment, Jacque hoped he hadn't overdressed for the occasion. A slave to style, he was as what lawyers would consider casual with a simple cotton vest over a button down shirt with a tie tucked underneath. Shined shoes were out of their element as he walked across the clearing and up the porch to rap the door before entering as Krieg's guest.

Offering a respectful bow of his head, "Good evening, ... I apologize I'm uncertain if it is more appropriate to refer to you as Hierophant here in your home or recognize you as a Priscus since I am not one of your acolytes." taking a look around at the decor of the the entry room he adds, "You have a lovely home."

failure*
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-13 23:28:56 Jacque rolls 4 to survey the area of the crone farm (wit + comp) (10 Again) 2, 5, 5, 7 failure
      1 success**
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-13 23:29:39 Jacque rolls 6 to identify the plants/crops that are growing (wit+sci+biology) (10 Again) 4, 4, 3, 5, 6, 8 1 success

Blood Hunt:

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas decided to take a stroll through the woods this night. Nothing fancy - breathe some fresh air, observe nature. Pay a surprise visit to his fellow Acolytes.

He didn't know yet of the extense of the surprise Fate had in store for him.

Lost in thought, the Ventrue missed the vague outline of Jacque's vehicle. He mutters to himself, and when he is within the others earshot, they'll be able to hear something like...

"So, if our distant cousins lost the ability to code for y-Protocadherin Y... yes, that'd explain a lot. A lot indeed"

When he actually notices the other two, Thomas appears startled for a second.

"Oh, Krieg! And Mr. Jacque! What a pleasant surprise! What brings you here tonight?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable came upstairs dressed in jeans and a baby blue tshirt with a unicorn on it. Her honey blond hair in two braids down her back. Dancing around her feet were two kittens, one black and one orange. "Hello, I will be right with you folks. The boys are demanding to be fed."

She flashed the men a sweet warm smile. She went over to the cupboard and got out two white ramekins and scooped some soft cat food into each. She set them down over by the cat tree out of the way before joining the men.

K
    Krieg

Jack is able to identify: a wheat field behind the house. A corn field and a vegetable garden sits between the woods. Behind the stables is the beginnings of a large flower garden.

----------

"Krieg is fine. Save titles for Court,"
    he confirmed for Jack. "Thank you very much. That would be Mable's doing," he added further.

His ears perked up upon hearing something about Protocadherin, he raised a brow for a moment. "Ah, Thomas," he smiled to the man. "Welcome back."

With Mable setting 'the boys' away in their 'playroom,' everyone was assembled. He gestured for everyone to have a seat. He sat down and crossed his knee with the ankle of his foot. "I practice a custom that translates as Sacred Hospitality, or you may know it as xenia - guest-friendship. If you need a place to sleep for the night, you are welcome. We are planning on building a guest cottage. Hopefully, the weather will be better by Spring."

"How are you settling within the Domain?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque flashes a grin to Krieg at his response. It's always nice to be afforded a little casual conversation here and there. He then took notice of Thomas' entrance and the particular word he used. It was curious but not enough to try and start probing on, and likely ill-advised until he got to know everyone a little more.

Settling for simply acknowledging his arrival he responds to Thomas, "Krieg had invited me out here to continue a rather short conversation we had some time ago. It is good to see that the discussion may include the perspectives of others."

Bowing his head to Mable before heeding the gesture from Krieg, "Quite well, actually. Thank you for your hospitality. How have you been?"

Pausing for a moment before glancing at Thomas and Mable, "The subject of that short conversation was identifying some of the officials of the Domain, but it had started to evolve into learning more about the Circle's ideologies. It was a good discussion that was cut short and I had wished to continue it at some point to decipher some more of the truths from the fictions that often linger with outside perception."

Looking back to Krieg, "Speaking of which, I can't help but notice that you said 'I practice' as opposed to 'we'. Is Sacred Hospitality not a custom that you all share or is it unrelated to the Circle?"

Blood Hunt:

T
    Thomas Boyle

It'll be an eternal conundrum how a creature as beautiful and... pure, for lack of a better word as Mable can elicit such a threatening presence. The Beast demands a challenge. The Beast is quickly told to shut the hell up.

"Always good to see you" he says to the Gangrel smiling, watching as she feeds the cats. Eventually, Thomas' eyes return to Jacque "We are always happy to explain the beliefs and practices of our Covenant. As you said, the supposed 'knowledge' of the Circle is often mired in prejudice. Curiously, do you have any particular... fictions in mind?"

If one was to dispel the darkness of ignorance, one'd do well to know which rooms are actually dark. Interestingly, Jacques overall manner speaks of a man well-educated... and observant, as the last question exhibits. Thomas could interject, of course... but that'd amount to hand-guiding the Hierophant. And a discordant Choir is a thing best avoided.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable wipes her hands on a dishtowel. Her beast as always wants to seek Thomas's blood. To keep her head clear, Mable takes in a breath and releases it slowly. The beast is contained.

First names tonight. "Thomas, so good to see you as always. Jacque, welcome to the farm. We love to extend hospitality." She flashes a sweet smile.

"Krieg, I will be ordering some cat food and a few supplies for the seedlings from Amazon. Let me know if you need anything. And you too Thomas, let me know if you need anything." She put one finger to her lip as she thought for a moment. "Also, the contractor for the study will be here tomorrow evening. Sorry, I just wanted to say all that before I forgot."

Mable curled up on one end of the sofa with her legs gracefully tucked under her.

K
    Krieg

"It is not an official practice within the Circle, no. Sacred Hospitality is a custom that I brought to Sacramento," he explained with a welcoming tone. "Here on the Farm, Kindred are welcome to stay the night. Once, I was a traveler and I was forced to be...creative...when finding a place to rest." Two long arms curled outward, gesturing to the room around them, "Thus, I open the doors to those who wish to stay the night. It is by no means a mandate for the local Circle."

He nodded to Thomas in approval. "Yes, precisely so," he smiled to the Ventrue Acolyte. "We face a very long history of falsehoods. I had been turned away many times simply because I was an Acolyte. Kindred, just as Kine, fear what they do not understand."

The giant turned his head and a hand rose to the Gangrel, "Thank you for that, Mable." Then back to their guest. "I teach and emphasize mutual support. The Circle of the Crone is strong because it is accustomed to adversity. We are like the dandelion flower. No matter how many times the Circle is uprooted, the Circle will regrow."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque reads the room as the discussion unfolds he first addresses Thomas, "No, I don't intent to dwell on any particular fiction. Instead I'd prefer to just focus on what is real in your devotions. Especially in the eyes of enemies or those who would wish to discredit a faith, the prejudices are rooted to some degree in truth which allows the fiction to prevail and spread like wildfire."

Looking back to Krieg, "Take the Christian's sacred practice of Communion for example. In Christianity's infancy it was spread throughout the cities that they practiced cult rituals of literal cannibalism." he moves his gaze back to Thomas briefly and then rests to Mable as to politely include everyone in the conversation with his body language, "Roots of truth, laced with enough fiction to be malicious and believable."

"Now, as I'm completely unfamiliar with the traditions of the Crone I don't know if it would be considered rude to just come out and ask why and how you all practice your beliefs and what they are, exactly. Faith is often an intimate personal affair and I would like to make sure I remain firmly in the realm of respectfully curious to my gracious hosts.", he adds with a submissive nod to the room in general.

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.