Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Chinese New Year at Edna's (Open)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am still lovin' where yer minds at Cole," Circe smiled before humming in thought, "So that first thing is a kinda musket staff that launches a firework? Think I saw that in a movie once with a guy named Jim," it was probably a practical special effect. "Ya know what Cole? I'll check on that later. If I can find how they did it in the movie it'll be easier fer ya ta make it." The Fairest didn't have any concerns for plagiarism.

She thanks the Autumn king for the drink, she sips for taste. Taste is fine and her stomach is not too agitated, so small sips only. As for Rhodes somber comment, she could only nod her own head in agreement. There were reasons she favored guns over the Wyrd. She turned to Sonnie to provide a possible solution, "Just say its a movie prop. Or if there ends up bein' a hollow inside it put something friendly inside. Like a magician's flower stick or a glitter bomb."

She then looks to Abraham, "Damn good point. We're the masters of ourselves and we fuck up monsters." As for the prospect of fireworks on monsters, that caused Circe to rub her chin. How hard would it be get some of the small rockets and aim them at something? The soviets had something like that in WWII, right? No, it was a truck with big ones but scale down was it possible? This was keeping her mind occupied nicely.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole grinned at the monkey girl.

"It doesn't have to actually fire a projectile, if you don't have faith in your aim. Flashy fireworks in the general area would serve as the perfect distraction against your foes, make it harder for them to hit you. Not to mention it'd make for an epic performance. I might also be able to make it collapsible- Not sure about that though, so no promises."

The Forgemaster couldn't help but nod in approval at the fair Abraham's words. Cole held similar feelings towards weaponry.

"I have a preference for blades myself. glamour folded into the steel creates a rather beautiful effect, and it gives an unnatural sharpness to the edge. And if you are perhaps disillusioned by the pig, might I suggest the boar? A fierce creature that will gore it's foes, even when it itself is pierced and bleeding? Perhaps borrow from the gleaming boar of legend."

And of course, Circe's comments brought no end of joy to the Metalflesh (er... Earthflesh, currently). Damn right- we were the masters now. No one would fuck with his fate again.

"Here here. And ya don't always need the schematics. Er... Wrong way ta say that. So it's a staff that fires once right? That's the concept. The Hedge runs off creativity and other freaky bits- sometimes if ya focus and work long enough you can make something that'd be impossible for mundane tools to design practically. But if I'm making something mundane, I would need schematics. It's... Wyrd."

Cole almost groaned at his own joke. Still, it wasn't far off... And the POTENTIAL. Weapons of war to lay siege to that accursed land of Arcadia.

"There's also one advantage we'll always have over them. Lord Iron's Wrath. Their greatest weakness. "

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes listened to the conversation driven by Summers and Soldiers. "Weaponry is all somewhat out of my domain. Like many of my Court, I prefer less... convensional weapons to fight with," he says with a smile.

"Chose the battlefield that beats suits your advantage? Is that not Sun Tzu?" Rhodes' asks. "I simply know where best to fight that my style works in." He sips his whiskey. The Dread Lord would rather not go into his age.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I know what yer thinking Cole," Circe winks at him, "Ya just want an excuse fer a movie night? Ta see the prop in action?" She then shakes her head, "I build mundy stuff so often I forget that Hedgecraft can tell reality ta fuck off." Circe smiles at Cole and gives him a thumbs up, "And its great ya have learned how fun it can be ta pun."

Circe then looks to Rhodes, "I'm sure we could make somethin' that suits ya. We," she points to herself and Cole, "Prefer steel and yer crew does the magic. Nothin' says we couldn't figure out how ta make ya a wand or sword ta help with yer magic."

The elf freezes up. Then looks Rhodes up and down, "Hmmmm," she rubs her chin. "Magic boostin' sword. Ya'd look right proper dashing with a magic sword Rhodes. Fashion advice from me is a rarity but I'm sure ya'd look better wieldin' a sword than a wand."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole gave a grin at Rhodes' words. There were many, MANY possibilities. And Circe sparked a very excellent one, regarding the Autumn Lord. A sword? A wand? Why not both.

"When I see ya, I think of a sword cane. Is it just me? Classy, concealable, and the like. The blade would be standard I imagine, only for emergencies, and the cane-holder would be carved from glamour-reinforced hedge thorn that'd put hickory to shame. But the decorative handle is where it's at- it'd serve as an em... 'repository' for snippets of whatever wyrd-stuff you wanted to use, make it easier to use that specific contract. Er... Theoretically. If I can make gloves that let you climb better, don't see why I can't boost wyrd-talents."

The Foregemaster scratched the side of his head as the process ran through his mind- and thought that such a thing might be the perfect gift for an Autumn Lord. So that was one down. He turned towards the Summer Leader... She had amazing ideas.

"Eh... Trademarking that idea. Copyright. Whatever it is. Talking about wands and swords, just have the best of both worlds. More fashionable than both too, I think. Though you have a point Circe- cool factor is kinda on my mind here."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie giggled and rolled her eyes, "No worries, Sir Abe. Monkeys and pigs will get along just fine. After all, bacon is delicious."

With a laugh, she turned and watched the back and forth between Circe and Cole over the matter of fireworks as weapons. In the end, she merely shrugs, "I just thought fireworks are pretty, that's all. I'd probably burn down my apartment building, anyway. I like my staff the way it is. Unless it could elongate like Sun Wukong's! That would be awesome!" the Beast nodded with enthusiasm, while snagging another cookie to munch on.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

An eyebrow arches, his face offering hints of intrigue. Wands? Sword canes? "Fascinating. I certainly would like to see that."

Shall we start wrapping up? We're at the month mark.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Anyway, I hope you all enjoy Penny's little celebration today! Eat, drink and be Mary! Mary will have to be someone else!" she said.

Wait, what?

Good to wrap it up. Thanks for starting this, Penny!
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

Agreed

A
    Abraham Norton

The knight is content to be a bit more in the background than usual. He partakes in the tasty food and drink though, and enjoys the ambience. Hopefully, more evenings like that to come.

Good to wrap

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.