Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Chinese New Year at Edna's (Open)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Well, it's Penny's party, so I thought she should start us off with Chinese New Year 101," Sonnie said, in an rare moment of consideration to the host. Typically she'd just excitedly launch into the story herself. Instead, she eyed Circe curiously as she opened a can of soda.

"Wait, so you don't know how to pilot a fighter jet? I just sort of assumed all Summers knew how to do that. And drive tanks. Way to shatter my fantasies, Queen Hot Stuff," she smirked and winked as she sipped her soda.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Everyone so brash and blunt. No better feeling, Cole thought. Everyone seemed chipper, enjoying themselves. A chuckle at Circe's comments and Sonnie's rebuttal, and even Abraham's demeanor towards spies.
    "Bah, always spies. Always eyes. Suppose that comes with the life, eh? For what it's worth, obvious as it is, I'm here for ya.
    Turning to Circe, now, glint in his eyes

"I've gotten the schematics, and I should have enough material left over. We'll just need to set apart a date to get started- might be able to squeeze both the pieces and the chopper in a single day, if I'm lucky. The only problem I've had is fuel." Now time to elaborate. Oh boy. Taking a deep breath...

"So. Fuel's a fickle thing- not like there's petrol in the Hedge, or if there was not sure I'd want to go about harvesting it. I could use glamour, but that'd get pretty expensive. However..."
    A grin

"Hobbes. Not all of them are solid- not always. Some of them are wind-like. If I could find one and convince it to live in the motorcycle, in exchange for glamour or safety or even just a physical form, that MIGHT work. I've heard of Hobbes made of fire and such- think that'd be better? Heck, it might function better than an actual motorcycle. Only issue is finding one interested."

This was all sounding mad-scientificy. And Cole was enjoying it...

"As fer the single-action... Don't think I can add specifics to that outside of the weapon itself. But I'm learning more- with a bit of practice, I can start doing fun things. I'll be happy to start making the prototypes, adding on as I learn more. If I make the right chamber I could infuse glamour into the bullets. Also ideas for a bandana to make ya the quickest gun in the West!"
    Unlimited possibility with the Wyrd and glamour. And madness riding his coattails at every turn...

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Scary, thrilling, spy craft, and makeup filled with a brief chance at cross dressing that didn't go through," was Circe's jest to Abraham.

"Eh well ya see Sonny,"
    Circe shrugs with her arms raised as her head shakes, "Ya don't qualify ta pilot if ya keep unloading all the weapons before ya take off." She then looks at Cole with a eyebrow and ear raised in question.

"Couldn't ya just try petrol? I mean, ya can leave it in the Hedge fer a couple of weeks too ta see if that helps. Or if its diesel it'll burn on anything," was her suggestion to solve the problem. Then hummed at the idea of a hobgoblin being the source of power. "Wind hobb though? Yeah, that's got potential. Maybe one that likes mixed drinks? Be cool as Hell ta have a bike that runs on Long Island Iced Teas."

Circe laughed, "I can handle the gun parts no problem, ya need special tools and I have 'em. I just can not do the Hedge Spinning. I'll get ya the blue prints and tools after we give the bike a swing. Fair is fair, but bandana?" The elf questions as she asks, "I'm already quite the quick draw. And I feel like a bandana requires me ta have a sneaky suit unless yer hopin' fer me ta dress like Rambo. Aaaaare you?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord flicks a hand at the cheeky Beast-kin. "Believe me, Sonja, I wouldn't have trouble telling the two of you apart," he says with a smile.

He looks between Cole and Circe. "Real or not? You're in the Court of Fear, now, my dear Summers. Do you really expect us to just tell you everything?" the Dread Lord chuckles, dark and sinister with mirthless eyes. He raises and eyebrow to Circe. "I'm sure Sera would appreciate that." She does when I call them Sapphires, after all...

The Flowering looks to his Kith-cousin. "Perhaps it is. A private investigator came snooping round several weeks back. We're keeping an eye on the fellow and his operation. Extra hands may help, if it gets that far. For now it's observation."

As the summers turn to hedge-craft and turning sections of the Hedge into vietnam or the Great Escape, the Dread Lord turns to Sonnie, then Penance. "I actually am somewhat lacking in Eastern astrology. I'd be fascinated to be taught a little from those that would know best."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie looked wistful as she thought back to Lunar New Years past. "You guys should see the celebrations in Chinatown. My Chinatown, in San Fran. Huge party. Dancing dragons and fireworks and colorful banners everywhere! It was one of my favorite times of the year."

She sighed, then blinked as a thought suddenly struck her, "Oh, do we have fireworks?" Excitedly, the Beast looked about for any explosive amusements.

A
    Abraham Norton

First, Abraham eyes the Summer Queen to see if she was serious. Of course, she wasn't, not entirely "That sounds too good to be true. You have to tell me more!" Good thing the Dread Lord was there to be a bit more factual "A private investigator? Interesting. I doubt I'd be much help with that - as you can imagine, staying invisible is not my strong suit - but I'd still like for you to tell me more, if you can share. Have they been able to learn anything significant? Or trying to find out something specific?"

Then to Sonnie "Given the history of this Freehold and its current relationships, I very much doubt going to San Francisco is on the table. Also, dragons in particular may make people itchy, be they real or made of paper" He pauses. Not that he'd mind, a Spring Mantle is an obligation as much as it is favor, but what few people understand pushing others into uncomfortable situations is counterproductive to the works of the Emerald Season "But surely this thousand-year old tradition cannot be reduced to fireworks and banners? Surely, there is deeper meaning to it all?"

Still, fireworks would be a nice touch to top off the evening. If anyone'd know if they're here, it'd be Rhodes.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ooooh," Circe gives a conspiratorial wink at Rhodes talk of Sera. And then nods, "Yup, we're investigating a private dick, I will," she looks at Cole, "Let ya know if we need ta punch it out or somethin'." As for Abraham's question that got blue fingers to point at herself and Rhodes, "Oh we've learned things," in the tone of Robert De Niro. "We ain't done but I can share good news! The P.I. thinks Funderland is a dead end and is checking it off his list fer shit ta investigate," then she mumbles something a she looks to Rhodes, ""E abbiamo ancora la possibilità di avere la sicurezza che lo accusa di essere un pedofilo."

Circe then leaned in towards Rhodes to whisper a question to him, "We keepin' the network thing on the down low still, right?"

Circe winces at the mention of San Francisco, she had many bad experiences there. She'd no clue about fireworks but doubted it. "Yeah I'd like ta avoid the Bay, waaaaaay too many bad guys there," she nodded in agreement to Abraham's assessment. "Though I'm sure there's more about it then just fireworks and paper dragons. My ears are sharp ta listen," Circe's ears bounce for emphasis of the lame pun.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

P
    Penance

Penance blushes at Circe's compliment, but declines to say anything. Personally, she thought it far too kind to her. Circe and Sonny, they made the outfits look good because they themselves looked good. She was an Ogre. She didn't get to look sexy in outfits.

Though part of her silence is also due to Cole's question as to whether the ghosts were real or not. Something of an attempt to play coy, as a straight answer would have her reveal that, no, all the ghosts she'd found had been figurative, but that didn't make them very spooky. She was actually relieved when Rhodes pointed out they had a penchant for keeping secrets anyways, so she didn't actually have to tell him if they were real or not.

"You would need to find them to ask yourself. I am not the right person to ask."

The topic of what this celebration was actually about and Sonny deferred the question to her, which she personally didn't mind. She knew a little bit about what the tradition was about... at least before she'd gone about actively rejecting it.

"I am sure my celebrations would not compare to San Francisco. Not now and not before. Before I was... Lost," she couldn't really say she was taken, not by force anyways, "the Chinese New Year was banned at home. It was old and traditional and we were tearing anything like that down. This... may be the first New Year I have had since then." When she thought of it like that... she actually was even more glad that she'd thrown this celebration now.

"I was told that the Spring Festival was a day to honor our ancestors. But as a kid, I saw a lot more about stopping bad luck and wanting good luck. As I believe you Americans say, 'out with the bad, in with the new'. You clean the house all the way to get rid of bad luck and have room for good luck. You wear red to scare away evil spirits." It seems everyone had gotten the memo on that. "You light fireworks to scare off evil spirits. ...I did not have the money to buy those. And you have a big dinner so that you can have a big dinner."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie was clearly disappointed about the lack of fireworks, but she got over it quickly. "It's cool. Not sure where to get any this time of year, anyway. Maybe we can buy some in July and save them for next year? Oh, that sounds like a great idea! I'm a genius!"

Grinning proudly over her future fireworks plans, the Beast helped herself to one of the red bean buns she had brought. "Mmmm, hey these are pretty good! I gotta shop at that deli more often." She adjusted her red dress at the mention of how the color warded off evil spirits. She nodded in agreement with Penny.

"It's probably why so many Chinese immigrants are really into the festival here. They can't do it back in the motherland, anymore."

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Human culture was so very interesting. Speaking of fireworks. "Ya know, I might be able to make some from hedge-stuff. I'm thinking a glamour propulsion system? Not sure if it'd work here, but it'd be a hell of a sight."

And red to ward off spirits? "The whole red to ward off crap? Wish it worked on the True... The Motherland... Yeah, guess we've all got something we can't go back to huh?"

A chuckle and a stretch, and a groan. He was starting to sound like one of the mournful saps.

"Where's a winter stick-in-the-mud when you need them. All this loss would be perfect for them..."

Cole shook his head and looked at his hand. This was supposed to be a party.

"Ah... Do people dance at these events? Or... What?"

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.