THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Plumas National Forest was 1.14 million acres of paradise, three hours out of Sacramento (or less, if Garrett was behind the wheel).

With the end of the year, hunting season technically wasn't until April when families trickled in with the warmer weather, budding flowers, and fat turkeys. The area was quiet; ideal for predators to have their privacy. He had all the camping supplies that any Conservation officer would find strange to be missing, even down to water and food that was mostly going to be ditched by the end of it. The copious amounts of alcohol, maybe.

Getting in after the park was closed only took a few polite phone calls and money transfers. The firearm and license were all legal, and only mundane annoyances were completely expected.

Prosper doesn't expect Atticus James is the type to appreciate SMS correspondence, and gives a call instead, "Am I picking you up, or did you want to meet me there?"

A
    Atticus James

"I'll jump in with you." Atticus replied. He'd seen what the little man drove and would have no problems riding in the passenger seat in that beast of a car. As for Atticus, his jeep needed work, a lot of it. So better to not run that thing that far out of town. Also, if for some reason Atticus had to bury a fool, he'd get a new car out of the deal.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

A long trip between two Supplicants of Terror with a Beast craving challenge was an interesting experiment. Without the Coil, the Savage probably wouldn't have tested his with his luck with his cousin. It was certainly one way of forcing familiarity.

Prosper's white knuckled grip on the wheel eases over time and the conversation becomes less stilted. He completely turns off the low-volume classic rock channel, and leans a little in the leather seat as his posture begins to connect with the tension in his hands.

"I am surprised? You must really be confident I am as much of a puss as I look, to let me bring you all the way out here."

A
    Atticus James

As Garrett breaks the silence Atticus turns to the scarred supplicant. "Either that or I am supremely confident in my skills. Or trust you not to be an idiot," Atticus answers with no guile, he's using his normal talking voice. Not worried or concerned about the situation. Why would he be, he's Atticus. "So, what's the plan kid, we just driving?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett smirks. Kid. If he ever ran into his Sire again, he would have a few words about being stuck with a baby-face. Another check on the list of why being a Vampire was fucking annoying.

"I invited you to go hunting, remember?" Prosper cocks an eyebrow; apparently Atticus was down for anything. Maybe it was the car. "Are you interested or would you rather just the drive?" He thumbs to the coolers.

A
    Atticus James

"Oh yeah, sorry, head was up my ass there for a bit. I got a lot on my mind right now. Let's keep with the plan." Atticus said giving Garrett a nod of his head. "So what's your deal Garrett. I've seen and heard your line, it's cute, but what's the real deal."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"You think I am cute, Atticus? What would Blackbird think?" the smaller Savage responds in a sing-song voice. He revs the engine and passes on the right when the other vehicle refused to merge, muttering to himself in his native tongue.

"Also, my 'deal'?" Prosper eyes the man, "That is a loaded question. I thought you did not like mincing words. What else is there? I have done the Danse for a while now; I have been in Topor, when I was all starry-eyed about time travel," he chuckles sarcastically, "I am shit at being a Dragon because I have the discipline of a cat, and I talk a lot. I also have a crippling addiction to politics and alcohol! Did you want to know my favourite colour?" he grins.

A
    Atticus James

"Knowing her, she would probably agree with me," Atticus gave a chuckle as they race by the car.

"Seemed like a pretty straightforward question. If your bad at being a Dragon, why are you?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett laughs at that,"I was hoping moving out of a warzone meant less distractions. Mentors are an important part of education, Atticus. Our attitudes did not mesh, as they say. My first Coil was my last. Fuck those methods." His hand taps the wheel, attempting to smooth away the topic that led into his lack of advancement,

"Also, I despite the Crone. What else is there, really, that would engage my Requiem? I do not care about money: I got that without the First Estate. Plus, it is quite fun to see a Ventrue with their panties in a bunch when I do not beg for a helping hand."

Without waiting for an answer to his hypothetical, the Kindred takes a moment to pull over the car, swiping the key card he got from security to get into the sites after hours. As he got back in, he flips the conversation back onto Atticus,

"And why were you so eager to become a scholar of evolution? No one just joins the Ordo on a whim. In my experience it is the complete opposite of 'straight-forward'."

A
    Atticus James

"You'll find that I don't do anything on a whim," Atticus smiles showing his teeth. "I was more or less born a dragon. When the opportunity was there, I took it with both hands."

Atticus watches as the card is swiped and the car continues on, "You seem to enjoy messing with people. What was that stuff at court, pulling all us into a room like that?" Atticus assumed he knew, but he wanted to hear Prosper say it. Something about Garrett just didn't sit right. He was a pot stirrer. He liked to mess with things.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread