Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx arrives half an hour early at the coffee place on the block next to the Aegis' fire house. She didn't mean to, she was just nervous, so she went for a run. And because she was trying to forget the dream, she ran harder. And faster. And covered more distance in less time.

The Obrimos needed advice, and it had struck her that she didn't actually have friends here, that weren't Kaze. She trusted people, like Kaze or Alastor... and she couldn't ask Kaze and wouldn't ask Alastor. Aurora had always been nice. She had started training under the Arrow, despite being a Master. She did that thing. Where people were nice. About you. For no reason other than to be nice. So, maybe she would be nice and help. She'd agreed to show up after all.

In 25 minutes.

Maybe another quick jog around the block....

15 minutes. Phoenyx got a table in a corner, back to the wall, ordered a pot of tea, and waited. Nervously.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had left her loft a little early, knowing that parking could sometimes be a bitch. And sure enough, it was. So she ended up parking her car a few blocks away. Not a huge thing.

The Thyrsus went casual in skinny jeans and an oversized sweater, her hair down.

If she was being honest, she was really curious as to what the Obrimos would need her help with. Phonenyx always struck her as extremely self-sufficient, not really needing anyone for anything. So her mind was drawing a blank.

Entering, she takes off her sunglasses, tucking them into her purse, and looks around. Seeing the lithe Obrimos, she raises a hand and makes her way over with a smile.

Sitting down, “Hi, hope you haven’t been waiting long. Parking can be a real pain sometimes.” Her tone friendly and upbeat. “How are you?”

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looks up. She looks like she didn't go back to sleep after the messages traded last night - that is to say, tired as hell. "Why I ride a bike," She says simply, waving a hand to the teapot. "Would you like some?"

"I didn't sleep well," the Obrimos says slowly. "I... kinda realised that I don't.... know anyone that isn't in the Ar- um... in our club. I don't have anyone to... talk to. But you have always been nice to me, so I called you. I hope that's okay." She squirms in the chair.

"I need. Um. Some help." Phoenyx's speech is strangely stilted. "But you can't tell anyone. Anyone. okay? Please?" The word sounds strangely strained coming from Phoenyx, like they haven't used it much.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She understood that look, the look of no sleep.

“I have one, I just, eh, never use it. Maybe I should use it more, be good exercise at least, save on gas money.” Win win.

“Oh, yes please! I haven’t had a good cup of tea in years!” she was more a coffee girl, but she could appreciate tea.

Frowning with concern, “Sorry to hear that.” She could go into her own sleep issues, but this wasn’t about her, it was about Phoenyx. “I find a good stiff drink helps sometimes. Or meditation.” Yeah, the blonde meditated. No one to talk to? Now she was really concerned. “Of course it’s ok, I’m always willing to help if I can.” She offers softly.

Blue eyes blink, “Ok, no problem. Whatever you need help with stays between us, promise.” She meant it. The concern was evident in her eyes, “Are you ok?” she wasn't sure what to make of how Phoenyx was acting.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx pours the tea. It has a citrus aroma, and is quite pale. "No. Um. Motorcycle," the Obrimos replies tiredly."Though I do a lot if running."

"I couldn't focus enough to meditate," the Obrimos says slowly. "That doesn't happen very often." She sips her tea.

"Mmkay. Well. I don't like talking. About stuff. Small talk. Feelings. I don't do that," Phoenyx says haltingly. She's actually blushing - this is clearly very hard for her. "But I've been. Feeling. For... someone. And it's weird." Something seems to snap and Phoenyx leans over the table, lowering her voice. "It's not like I just want to fuck him and get it out of my system like my Jason Momoa fantasy - it's there all the time like something in my stomach and it's distracting and annoying and I need it to stop!" The little Arrow suddenly clams up, looking both panicked and defensive, like she's opened a peice of her soul and is going to need to fight for it.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Once the tea was poured, she lifts the cup, enjoying the smell. “Oh, always liked those, but never really had the guts to get one.” This coming from the side show performer. Go figure.

Sounds it was serious, and she had nights like that sometimes. But she remains quiet and lets Phoenyx explain things at her pace.

Sipping the tea, she was more than a little surprised by what she was hearing. This was guy advice. Not something she was used to being asked about.

But her face remains neutral as she puts the cup down.

“I actually understand what you’re saying.” She had those feelings, and they still happened. Though she kept pushing them away. But she wasn’t as freaked by them as Phoenyx was.

“To be frank and honest, I’m not sure how to stop them. They are annoying though, but also kind of exciting.” How best to proceed. “There’s nothing wrong with the feelings, but if you’re not used to them, I can see how it would be distressing.” Her tone understanding.

“Have you ever thought of exploring them? Giving into it and seeing what happens?” she asks. “If that’s not an option,” cause she didn’t know who they were talking about, “it gets a little more tricky. Is the only option trying to suppress them?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Really? It's normal to feel this?" Phoenyx grumbles."It sucks."

She sips her tea. "It doesn't feel exciting. Horny I understand, that's easy. This is... " the Obrimos scowls. "It makes me... confused."

"Well... I don't know. We... um. It's someone I work with." Phoenyx says. It's technically true, but the blush that was fading comes back in earnest. "Explore them?" Phoenyx asks, chewing her lower lip nervously. "I.... dunno? I mean, I want to... I think? But what if it makes... work... difficult? What if he... doesn't like me?" Phoenyx sighs. "I've always known what I want. This is all so... weird."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Had Phoenyx been raised under a rock?

Nodding her head, “Yup, it’s normal.” Then a small chuckle, “And yeah, it kinda does. Especially if you’re not sure how to handle them.” True story.

“That’s understandable. It’s a weird feeling, because sometimes it comes out of the blue and you’re left trying to figure it out. Just means that there is something about them that you like, something that is unlike anyone else. Horny is one thing, but that other feeling? It’s more special in a sense.”
    It was hard to explain, but she was trying.

“Hmmm.” She says with a nod, sipping the tea. Which was amazing! “That can make things complicated. Because you don’t want to ruin the working relationship, but the feelings don’t usually just go away.” Huh. “Essentially, yes, it can make work difficult. If there is any friendship involved, it can effect that too.” She worked with her crush, she knew how weird feelings made things.

Her smile was soft and gentle, “Him not feeling the same is always a risk. Sometimes it’s easy to read guys and how they feel, depending on how they act, sometimes it’s not.” She’d never been the greatest at reading people. “Well, there is some part of you that wants him. Tell me something, if I told you I was afraid of learning to defend myself, what would you tell me?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx remains quiet, listening to Aurora, nodding along to what she says about work. "This doesn't happen to me much. The only other times it has... others intervened," the Obrimos says quietly.

"I can't read people. The closest I get is most are intimidated by me. " She thinks for a moment. "But... he did call me hot. I... didn't think about it because he was being a bonehead and trying to leave the Or- er... work...." Phoenyx flushes again. This talking thing was awful. She felt exposed. But at Aurora was helping. She was gentle. It was a new experience to feelings.

There's a tiny nod, as if admitting it to herself as well."He acts dumb sometimes... but he's sweet. And pretty ripped." Phoenyx says quietly, and finally smiling just a little. Maybe this was helping. But then she looks confused. "I'd say that's a stupid thing to be afraid of and it's way safer than just letting yourself be punched in the face?" Phoenyx asks, bewildered.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I don’t think it’s supposed to happen all the time. It’s just one of those things that sometimes sneaks up on you about the person you least expect. If you don’t mind me asking, how did others intervene?”

Nodding, “Reading people is hard. I’m not good at reading people one on one, I can read a crowd, but not more personal.” Crowds were easy. “To be honest, I can see that. But anyone worth your time will see past that.” She would have had fun with Avis. “You are pretty cute.” She says with a nod. The Order? Was it another Arrow? Alastor?! But if Phoenyx wanted her to know who it was, she would have said. So she ignores it. “You’re used to ignore those feelings huh? Shutting them off and not bothering with them.”

There was a chuckle, “Well, most guys are dumb sometimes. Ok, most of the time. It’s just how they are.” It was true. “And being sweet, and ripped are good.” She was expecting her to be confused, but she had a reason, “Exactly. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out there because the benefit is worth the pain. Playing it safe and keeping the feelings to yourself is a way to go about it. And yah, you won’t get hurt. But you also will be left with not knowing, and living your life always wondering what could have been.” Shit, she should listen to her own advice here. “The worst that happens is he says he doesn’t feel the same, then you move on. Yes, it will hurt, but it will also be freeing in a way. You faced a fear, the fear of the unknown and survived. But if he’s as sweet as you say, I don’t think it will hurt the friendship or work relationship.” thinking a moment, "There could be a way to go about it without coming right out and saying how you feel."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread