Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Inquiry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

The sound of foosball being played spilled out into the hallway from the Sheriff's open office door. Two Kindred were within, playing a game that sounded fairly intense as some upbeat AC/DC rocked along to the game being played by Atticus James and Lina Moretti. The score was one all, and the two Dragon soldiers were both quick in the hands and eyes. Jacque had been invited in response to his letter, at the very least for a chat.

Perhaps the Grand Wyrm hadn't mentioned her office's accouterments, but it was all a part of the fun.

"Better pick it up, James..."

She snapped a vicious shot at his net...

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque approached the office wearing dress slacks and and button up with a tie. He had his overcoat folded over his left arm as he rapped on the door before making entry. He was briefly bemused by the setting of the office before the feeling was replaced with a sense of relief. Sheriff Moretti was a direct person, but it seems she had her casual side too.

"Greetings Sheriff Moretti," he stated as he offered a respectful nod. Looking to Atticus he also gave a nod, "And to you as well"

Glancing over the game being played he inquired, "So who's winning?"

Blood Hunt:

A
    Atticus James

Somewhere one of those Twihards team glitter moron would be crying their eyes out. Sorry sweetheart, not all vampire time is spent moping around being all boohoo poor me you must love me because I am so dark. Sometimes kindred just want to play some damn Foosball. Atticus kept spinning away trying to play strong defense. Moretti played hard in the paint, or whatever that saying is. "Eat it Moretti." Atticus says between teeth holding a lit cigarette, the ash getting long, showing that this game has been going for a while. He did a little juke and smacked the ball back to Moretti's side of the table. He probably screwed up not addressing Lina appropriately, with her title and all that, but this was a very serious game of Foosball.

"Hey. Tied," Atticus says not really looking up, watching the ball and waiting for the Sheriff's counter attack.

On the desk is a red and white igloo cooler, open and filled with ice and beers, "Grab a beer, she's almost done." Atticus says to Jacque.

L
    Lina Moretti

"We'll see..." Lina muttered as her twitch reflexes worked. She popped a shot off the back wall, taking possession again with her right-side attacker, passing it down to her left-side attacker and firing at the net. Atticus's reply was brilliant, firing it with his goaltender back through their center line and driving her back on the defensive. He fired once. Her defender caught it, but didn't regain control; the ball bounced back to his attackers. Expertly, Atticus fired the ball down off the side wall, bouncing it on a 45 degree trajectory toward the net. Lina snapped her goalie down, deflecting it right back to the Gangrel's attacker. His final shot caught her out of position and he fired it right into the net with a satisfying THUNK. "Niiiiice. Well done."

With a sigh, she found her way to her desk and took a seat in her chair.

"Jacque. You've met Deputy James, yes? Gangrel, Ordo Dracul, foosball badass."

Foosball game narrated with Steven's permission and a dice rolloff which he won

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque briefly glances at the offered beer and does a scan of the office before watching the thrilling conclusion to the match.

He extends an arm to offer a handshake to Atticus, "No, not formally. I've seen you amongst the crowd at court but we hadn't had the opportunity to chat yet."

"So, is 'foosball badass' an official title or is it more of a ceremonious one?", he asks with a coy smile, trying to ease some of the anxiety that was emanating from Atticus.

He waits for Atticus to also sit before sitting himself, "Like many other covenants and clans, many of the facts are obscured by fiction and fluff that have been added over the years to rewrite history. I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me so I can get a clearer, fact-based view of the Ordo Dracul.", he pauses before adding "Again, to as far as is considered appropriate to an outsider."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-08 22:14:00 Jacque rolls 6 to Perception check in Lina's office (Wits + Academics) (10 Again) 4, 7, 3, 3, 4, 4 failure

Blood Hunt:

A
    Atticus James

As Atticus sinks the ball and takes the final victory he just shakes his head and takes a big inhale off his cigarette.

He strolls to the office and takes a drink off his beer. "Hmm? What? Sorry, was too busy checking, it does indeed appear my arms are long enough to box with god."

Atticus says as he chuckles. He may be referencing something that was said before Jacque came in, or he may just be being a jerk, either is possible. He hands a beer to his boss "Good game boss,"

Atticus then takes Jacque's hand in a firm but not a I have a small penis and am cripplingly insecure so I am compensating kind of handshake. "Good to meet you. I'm having it added to my name plate," Atticus answers before returning to Lina's side, leaning against the wall to the left of his boss.

L
    Lina Moretti

Jacque could see the dichotomy of Lina Moretti's office.Two walls were covered in blackboards, one of which clearly outlined the progress on addressing a Hunter threat and the Echelon issue (if one knew what this meant). The rest were covered in shorthands that would take some time to decipher, but recent dates were on it. An astute individual would realize that these too were notes about investigations - just notes for Lina, as opposed to notes for the whole world. She had a rolling whiteboard stand that she could move a board onto tucked neatly into a corner by a filing cabinet and a simple oak desk with a computer on it. Wires were neatly tucked, a toilet roll keeping them all together so they weren't in the way. It was Work Lina, personified.
    The other half of the office was chill. Detective movie posters from the noir era were on the wall. There was a worn black leatherette couch, a side table, and the foosball table. Still tidy, no shitstorms here, no sirree - but it was a much more relaxed half of the room.

"I've never known Atticus James to stand on ceremony. It's an Official Title. In this office. Until I beat him next time, then it passes like a championship belt."

Yes. The Ordo Dracul. She glanced up at the Supplicant next to her. She couldn't be the only one with recruiting chops. Curious, she passed it to him for his take.

"Deputy James. You want to field this question?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

To whomever opts to field the question:

"I suppose my main curiosity is what do you truly stand for? There are as many rumors as there are kindred from what I've seen and heard over the years. What I've heard is that the Dragons seek to defeat the Beast within, like a disease that can be cured. Researching, investigating and even rumors of experimenting on yourselves or others as a means to achieve that goal. One such theory that stood out to me was that the Beast that we sense within each other is actually nothing more than a parasite that inhabits our bodies."

Jacque looks to Lina, "It was clear from our conversation that Dragons by nature have a higher sense of intellect. I'm sure that a significant amount of the rumors are exaggerations to scare off the meek, shroud the covenant in mystery or to even discredit it, but I believe some of the core suggestions to be at least rooted in truth."

He leans in, pondering a moment to carefully measure his words before continuing, "I believe this because as the Grand Wyrm I have never once seen a single moment in any event, any place, public or private where you personally did not shine with life. Counterfeiting life is something most of us can do effectively but not without its toll. For someone to constantly radiate as you do, even when it is unnecessary to do so you would either have an insecurity or some kind of vanity with life coupled with a substantial amount of access to Kine to fuel it or, more likely, you've figured out a way to cheat undeath."

Leaning back into the chair he eagerly awaits the response, "Tell me if I'm wrong."

Blood Hunt:

A
    Atticus James

Atticus listened to the new guy's questions and nodded his head along to the questions and the explanations as to his theories. They were all good ones, but none of them really hit the nail on the head. Which is not at all surprising. Atticus has been involved with the Ordo since the beginning of his requiem.

"So here's the deal. And" Turning to Lina, "please step in if I am not representing Sacramento's chapter as you want it to be," Atticus continues.

"The Ordo Dracul, as an organization, is probably the most secretive of the covenants because are the outliers. The Lance have the Crone, the Carthians have the Invictus, and then there is us. We have no counterbalance because there cannot be one. Let them play politics and religious idolatry, and we'll do our work, the great work.

Anyone who is not of the dragon will not be able to properly portray the magnitude of what we do. Rumors, innuendo, stereotypes, it's all crap. The Beast. That thing. In all of us. It's not a parasite to be cured, or a raging monster to be tranquilized. It's a test. And we work to not only pass, but overcome, that test."

Atticus paused for a few moments. Letting that sink in all the way.

"Anything else, How we do what we do. Well, that is not for those not of the Dragon."

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti considered his question. His powers of deduction were good, very good, in fact. Her mastery of the most outwardly facing of Coils was a sign of something, and he was right to conclude that it was more than just adherence to a rigid code of Humanity and a constant pumping of Vitae. Atticus's point was good, too. Perhaps a bit high on the secrecy level for a Philadelphian Rite Chapter, but he had the right idea.

"What you need to know, Jacque, is that the limitations of the Kindred condition can be overcome. I haven't cheated undeath. I have overcome it, in part, and now I appear as mortal as any Kine. How I did that is a secret, but suffice it to say, we are in the business of working to transcend the Curse. It is hard work. Dangerous work, requiring discipline, focus and obedience to mentors. But it can be done."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.