Jacque sat quietly alone at a table as the quiz master went down the line of his questions and Jacque wrote down the answers promptly and unenthusiastically. It had been quite some time since he was stumped for an answer and where a small part of him had hoped that Sacramento's pub scene would provide more challenging trivia, he wasn't truly surprised. Still, the change of scenery was nice in its own right. Trivia night was boiled down to a science for him. He left his cell phone in the car and wore loose fitting clothing. There's always some asshole who would call him out for cheating, so he made sure that it could be easily disproved.

With the last question asked, he signed his name as Alex and turned in his answers before waiting patiently in solitary.

"And our winner of THIRTY bar bucks with a perfect score iiiiisssss... Team Alex!"

As Jacque went up to collect his prize he glanced over to the bar to meet eyes with a particularly young twenty something year old shooting him a coy smile. Smiling back, he picked up his overcoat and found a seat next to her.

"Quite the beautiful smile you have.", a modest compliment to offer. Not too forward but enough to express interest.

"So you know your stuff huh?"

"Sometimes. Tonight I was fortunate with questions I knew a bit about."

"I like a guy with a brain, but there are a few trivia 'champs' that just cleverly hide their phones under the table."

Chuckling at the incredibly polite insinuation Jacque replies, "Well Miss..."

"Janet"

"Janet, please allow me an opportunity to clear my name with someone as lovely as yourself. Search your phone for any trivia questions you can find. If you stump me, you get all of the bar bucks. If I answer your questions, you take a shot- my treat."

Janet grins, thinking she's just walked into a win-win contest of wits, "You're on!"

The game goes on for nearly an hour, with brief intermissions for pleasant conversation and a few laughs while she scours the internet for a doozy of a question, all ending in the same result for her. Her cheeks now rose from intoxication, slurring nearly the entire phrase Janet exclaims, "Damn, you really do know your shit. Is there anything you don't know?"

Smiling politely Jacque leans in and whispers in her ear, "Je ne sais pas parler français." If someone who knew French would have heard him, they would have been appalled at the pronunciation errors.

She looks up to Jacque as he leans back, "I don't know what you said but it sounded nice."

"Dear Janet, I don't think you can take any more trivia tonight. Would you like to head out together?", offering a suggestively coy smile.

"That sounds nice."

From the bar, off they went to a motel- Jacque and his prey. The intoxication would ensure a successful feeding and allow for him to make his escape effortlessly after she passed out.

1 vitae for counterfeiting life