Ended
Watch

Debt and Forgiveness

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg invited Blackbird to the Farm to discuss the debt he owed her.

The Crone Farm can be accessed from a long dirt driveway that has a few ruts from wear and tear. The driveway is tree lined on the right with little views of fields peaking through. The left side is lined by a dense forest. The end of the driveway opens up to a small one story farm house with a friendly porch. The farm house has solar panels on the roof. There is a port-a-potty outside for the farm workers and guests. An outdoors sink is set up near by. Care has been taken for the farm to be as green and ecologically based as possible.

A wide clearing of dirt and grass is in front of the house. The fields beside and behind the house consist mostly of fields with different kinds of low vegetation. On the edges however, are higher trees and such to offer privacy to anything happening within the Circle's property.

Beside the farm are several greenhouses that are being rebuilt. Right now one of the greenhouses has the compost pile. There is a small tool shed and a two-stale stable also on the property. An old tractor and other miscellaneous farm equipment is scattered about.

The Sacred Grove: Deep in the forest, way off the beaten path, there is a small isolated grove of trees near a small pond.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Entrancement was a wonderful thing.

At once, Blackbird was able to feed on Vitae, satisfy needs best left unspoken, and secured a ride to the farm from a college boy. His name was Jackson.

Jackson was eager to see "Beth" to the door, but she declined. Twice. Eventually he gave up on the issue, settling for a small kiss as the little viper "girl of his dreams" exited the car, but not before hastily writing down his number on an old reciept and handing it to her. A promise to call was exchanged, but in the back of her mind Blackbird knew it was unlikely. The boy was an agreeable sort. Agreeable enough for the bird to consider perhaps seeking his service as a bloodbag or driver at a later date. However, he could not begin to understand her and forging a true connection would mean changing him into a ghoul.

An unwelcome risk.

Blackbird watched as Jackson's car lumbered off, rounding a far bend and eventually out of sight. Then she made her approach.

Normally, the neonate dressed much more casually when outside of court, but this was becoming a downward trend. As her ambitions began to become more clear and her status rose, Blackbird felt more eyes were continuing to look to her. At this point, Blackbird had to do more than show she had a proper understanding of Court etiquette and Kindred politics... she had to look refined as well. Thus, Blackbird chose a more modern take on business casual featuring matching pants and vest. Over this. a black pea coat to sell the illusion of shrugging off the February chill.

Once Blackbird was on the porch, she took the time to settle herself, staring at the door to mentally prepare for the discussion ahead. Certainly, she had the advantage, but this was the first debt owed to her that Blackbird was looking to enforce.

After a long moment, a delicate hand reached and gently rapped against the door.

K
    Krieg

Heavy footsteps on a hardwood floor preceded his approach. Opening the door, Krieg was dressed in a black sweater and dark jeans. The primal hunger flashed in his eyes. The little bird was right here, on his doorstep, for the taking. Squashing the temptation of diablerie, he smiled to her.

"You're looking marvelous,"
    he praised her. "I like that outfit of yours. Do please, come in." He stepped aside allowing her free entry. "If you see a furry orange and black ball rolling across the floor that's Apollo and Erebus. Mable brought the boys home as newborns."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Giant of Sacramento stood greeting her, as always his Beast mercifully masked. It was an interesting thing to feel nothing when one looked on another they knew was damned.

Time to play.

Blackbird knew she had to keep her face clear. When in the position of bargaining, it was best not to give anything away. Therefore, her mask of stoicism was needed yet again.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-04 19:20:07 Blackbird rolls 6 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 9, 6, 7 2 successes

At the Haunt's compliment, Blackbird would offer a small, cordial smile, even as her ego internally swelled with pride. However, should one see through her facade, her vanity was clear. She was nothing if not vain and no manner of preparation could ever fully hide that glint in her eye,

"You flatter me, dear Krieg," she offers before accepting his offer, stepping inside the home and gently removing her pea coat. Her eyes would look over the interior, her curiosity causing her to look over the entry in detail. After all, this was her first visit to the Farm.

"Pets?" she asked, surmising that Apollo and Erebus were animals. Likely dogs or cats.

Draping the pea coat over her arm, Blackbird would shelve her curiosity for the cottage for a moment and turn, returning her gaze to her host.

"If so, it's not surprising," she says plainly, "After all, Mable seeks to rebuild herself as a nurturer, correct? I can think of few avenues as effective in doing so as raising an animal."

Blackbird hadn't come to discuss politics, but it was worth exploring such topics if Krieg was perceptive. The statement was meant as a compliment. She bore Mable no ill will, but Blackbird scarcely spoke to the Priscus. All she largely had to go on was the words of others and they had spoken of her kindness and good nature. Blackbird simply had trouble believing it was truly genuine. Kindred rarely did things to benefit another unless they themselves also benefited.

"I had a cat of my own. Briefly," she says, "However, that was during my time among the kine. Shortly before my father brought me into his profession. Hestia lived out the remainder of her days in the care of my step-uncle. By the time I returned to his home, she was already gone."

C
    Cross

Since this is a Prestation negotiation, it can be roleplayed - or if either character wishes to engage in Social Combat in the form of a negotiation, that is possible. I will keep my eye on this thread to see which way y'all go.

K
    Krieg

While the young Succubus was good at keeping parts of herself hidden, the old Haunt's instincts were just a bit sharper. She was afraid - naturally. He couldn't blame her for it.

"I speak only the truth," he replied to BB.

The interior of the home would best be described as warm and welcoming. "Mable did the decorating. Apollo and Erebus are kittens that she found." Right on cue, the brothers trotted in side by side, looking up at Blackbird. "Go play, boys." He tossed a tiny bouncing ball with a bell inside over their heads. Little feet scrambled to grab traction and the pair zipped off.

He gestured to the seats, "Mable is inherently nurturing. Her very nature is to nurture. The land, animals, even Kindred and Kine. Her approach is very appropriate as that of the Scarlet Maiden."

With both seated, he expressed sympathy for Hestia, "I am certain Hestia had enjoyed her years with you. Never be sad for it is the end, be happy for the journey was worthwhile."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird offered another small smile at the man's continued compliments, but would betray little else.

"It's lovely," though plainly stated the compliment was genuine, "It is far different than the Chapter House, but I can understand her choice in aesthetic. If my early years among the Kindred had been different, I'd probably find it quite disarming. An excellent tactic on her part."

As the kittens trotted in and glanced to her, Blackbird would do the same, her face one of relative neutrality. Blackbird's humanity had weathered in the Curse. Some in Sacramento met or even dipped past her level of degradation, but many did not. Kittens evoked less of a response these days, as did many things not connected to some vice.

"I assume you wish for their lives to run their natural course," she offers, "I've never scene much reason to keep an animal as a permanent retainer, although Her Majesty's recently acquired protector certainly brings the thought to mind."

The practicality of a large dog bred for protection and amplified by Vitae as a ghoul was not lost on Blackbird.

"I see," Blackbird offered. Something in her tone showed she was not convinced of Mable's good nature or perhaps she merely did not understand why Mable was the way she was. In truth, it was likely a little of both. However, she did not press the issue.

To the words for Hestia, Blackbird simply gave a half-shrug as she seated herself along with the Giant.

"She was surrendered as a senior before we got her," she offers, "In truth, she lived longer than I thought she would. I returned two years after her death. By then, whatever grief I felt was long gone."

She paused, pondering for a moment as she sensed opportunity.

"On my way here, I realized we've had scant few opportunities to learn about one another. If you'd prefer to discuss something before your debt, consider this an open forum," she says, "I will answer what I feel is appropriate, whether that be my past or my ambitions. If I recollect, you've shared portions of your life and philosophy in the past, it seems only prudent I return the courtesy."

K
    Krieg

It was a good tactical assessment by BB. Invitation into such a pleasant looking interior was as good of a honey trap as any. He nodded an smiled in acknowledgment of her point, "Indeed."

With the kittens away, he expanded upon their future. "They will enjoy their lives, as we shall spoil them greatly. Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten," he joked. "Having an eager vermin patrol will help Mable's efforts with the crops."

BB's comment about Ale's hellhound was met with a nod. "I'm certain she finds it useful to have one such as him." He did not speak further about it.

He followed the short story of Hestia with a slight tilt of his head. "That makes sense. There is truth to the phrase, 'out of sight, out of mind.'"

The neonate's reciprocation of sharing details was met with another smile. "I greatly appreciate the opportunity. It's not common practice to discuss things like that. It's a shame, really." He mused for a moment, "What was your life like before the Embrace?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird smirked, "So you admit it then. It's not entirely a means to offer comfort," the neonate pondered aloud "Many young Kindred try to find some semblance of home, providing as much gives you more sway. I'm left to wonder if you would have attempted a similar tactics with me if Moretti hadn't proven so persistent."

A pause.

"I apologize if you find the assessment tiresome,"
    Blackbird offered, "A side effect from being the childe of a Harpy, I'm afraid."

A simple nod was offered to Krieg's statement regarding the kittens.

"I'm pleased to hear you recognize the value of your Vitae," she said, "So many waste it for impractical reasons."

A Ghoul cat seemed wasteful to Blackbird. Companionship could be better gleaned from other sources without the cost of precious blood. A ghoul should be useful as well as tolerable.

A mirthful huff escaped the neonate's lips at Kreig's shared thoughts regarding Cain. "Who wouldn't find a beast like him useful?" she retorts. Like Krieg, her statement seemed conclusive. The pair seemed of like mind regarding the hellhound there was little else to discuss regarding him.

Blackbird didn't truly react much to the continued discussion of Hestia. The death of the feline was long behind her.

Then came Krieg's acceptance of her offer and his subsequent question regarding her time among the kine.

"That depends which life you boast an interest in, Hierophant," she says, "My early life was relatively normal, if somewhat priveleged. That chapter ended in bloodshed and violence. Then I roamed with my father and his contacts, hunting Kindred and, occasionally, other things. After my liberation from that life, that chapter also soon ended in betrayal."

Blackbird was well aware how dramatic it sounded, but, to her, it was the truth.

"So what you need to ask yourself is whether you want to know the girl who was Annora or the woman who would become Blackbird,"
    she says, "Same memories. Same body. Yet entirely different people."

K
    Krieg

"I give Lina a great deal of credit," The Haunt smiled. "The two of us are more similar than we are different." He paused for a brief moment. "I had considered you, I won't hide that," he confessed. "I was assisting Mable in her decisions for her future. If things were different," he shrugged. "Regardless, I am glad that you found an association that best aligns with your ambitions." He concluded with a bit of praise for the Grand Wyrm, "Lina is the best you can find here in Sacramento. Perhaps, all of California."

"Have no worries,"
    He waved aside her concern. "I appreciate the company of others."

His hand rubbed along his chin. The bristle of his beard crackling slightly against his skin. "Well, that certainly has me intrigued. Let's start at the beginning, with Annora."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.