(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"My own tribulations are paltry in comparison, you have my sympathies," Blackbird said. It was quite a tale and truly she couldn't attempt to draw correlations. "Still, the unity among your covenant is clear. It wouldn't be so without your efforts. Perhaps, your trials have led you to that point."

"I am grateful, Krieg," she said as the Haunt affirmed he would speak to Boyle, "I apologize if you see it as petty and perhaps part of it has to do with vanity... but I feel I've contributed heavily."

As the talk turned to his relationship, Blackbird listened and, slowly, she nodded. "Your conviction is admirable," she offers, "I'm afraid I don't know the details. In truth, if Sheriff Moretti felt I should know, she would have brought me in. It may be best to keep the matter private... That said, you strike as a man of sound judgement and, while I'll admit I don't wholly agree with opposing Her Majesty, I know you wouldn't have done so unless you felt you must."

She'd look over the report that Krieg proved, taking particular note of the mention of her actions. "I'm appreciative that you mentioned my contributions," she said, "Do you need my signature?"

Then his closing comments. His compliment had an effect. Blackbird relaxed, her smile softened, and the telltale glint of her ego hit her eyes. She let his statement sink, drinking in the praise for few brief moments before continuing.

"Thank you, Krieg. Truly." she offers, "That being said, I think this report is an important reminder of our business. If you are feeling ready to discuss the matter, of course."

K
    Krieg

It was unusual for him to reveal so much of himself to someone not within the Circle. "Thank you," he whispered. Someone other than his fellow Acolytes had faith in him.

At her request for confirmation of the signature, the giant gave solemn nod. "It's not as efficient as I wanted, but, I am doing the best I can given what is transpiring."

At last, they came to the topic of the night, "Yes, I am as ready as I can be. What would you ask of me?"

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

To his gratitude, Blackbird offered a soft nod. Krieg had offered her needed insight into her own pain on that fateful night that led to the cold murder of a family to protect the Traditions.

At his affirmation for the need for her signature, Blackbird dipped into her clutch, retrieving a pen and signing the report without protest. "The only thing any of us can provide is the best of our abilities," she says, "Your covenant is in a tough place, I don't envy you. However, you have my confidence and support. You will rise from this, Krieg."

When Krieg agreed to discuss his debt, Blackbird looked to the Haunt, clearly pondering how to proceed.

"Prestation is a delicate thing, Hierophant. As you know, one must consider the value of the actions taken in regards to risk and exposure," she says, "In this case, your actions occurred in public and, although only one agent was the primary subject, other kine were beginning to gather. The chance for a violation of the Traditions was indeed a strong possibility. Your flight hinged on my ability to portray a frightened kine, an event which placed me at significant risk had my ruse proven ineffective."

A pause followed as the bird allowed Krieg to understand her reasoning.

"This, along with the personal burden I must undertake to dispose of my vehicle as well as the expense I must undertake to purchase another, has led me to conclude that a Major boon is owed," she says, "Do you concur?"

If he did not, Blackbird would need to steel herself for negotiation.

K
    Krieg

She gave him reassurance, just the same as he had done for her. It was an unusual feeling for him, to experience the reciprocation.

He listened to her circumstances. It was not worth the risk of losing an ally by being cheap. "It is worth a Major Boon. If you find it agreeable that the Major Boon be non-transferable, then, that would help me rest easier."

He exhaled a melancholy laugh. "It's funny, I was so worried about you, that I nearly ended up being shot." He chuckled, "Well done Little Bird, well done."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird waited with bated breath, clearly interested in the Haunt's response. Then he submitted to the request and Blackbird relaxed. She was ready to defend her choice, of course, but she had no desire to cause tension within her network of growing allies.

The neonate would dip her head, showing her acceptance of his terms.

"As you say, Krieg, I will abide by your request and ensure the Harpy is made aware of the arrangement," she offers, "I will inform her as soon as I can so there is no confusion."

Naturally, the Daeva wouldn't dream of granting the boon to someone else. Her ego wouldn't allow it and, frankly, the nature of boons made it within her best interest to retain it for herself. It served as a symbolic sign to the Domain, reinforcing Blackbird's ability to navigate the the politics of the Kindred. It showed that she knew her shit.

"Sometimes it is prudent to look at oneself, but I'll admit that I'm flattered by your protection," she says with a smile, "Our alliance is important to me and I am pleased you feel the same."

K
    Krieg

The Haunt nodded, "I appreciate it," he smiled. Exhaling in relief and very obviously happy that the deal was brokered. "May this night mark the beginning of an alliance between Dragons and Acolytes."

Krieg then asked, "May I give you a platonic hug?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird rose as their deal came to a close.

"Between the two of us, if nothing else," she offers, "but I will endeavor to voice my approval to the Grand Wyrm and others in my order."

At his request, she smiled.

"Certainly," she responded. She did not wait for his move instead going in and embracing his form as well as she could. Krieg was massive at all. Still, the chill of his form did elicit a soft gasp of surprise before Blackbird cleared her throat and remained.

K
    Krieg

Krieg was momentarily surprised to see the enthusiastic little Daeva rush up to him. His long arms held BB in a gentle embrace. "Sorry about the cold. That's the result of the Nosferatu blood." He patted his hand upon her shoulder blade. "You're a good kid, BB. You're smart. You know what you're worth. Seeing those as bright-eyed as yourself keep this jaded old man on his toes."

He let go of the little bird, "Promise you'll behave yourself?" he teased.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird remained silent until the Giant released her, quietly drinking in his praises.

When she was released, Blackbird did the same in kind. Looking up to Krieg, her eyes show a clear sense of pride, Krieg's words having fed her vanity.

"Your risen return will come, Krieg," she offers, in final assurance, "As you say, 'tribulation brings enlightenment'. Have trust in your trials, you haven't been forgotten."

Retrieving her peacoat, the neonate would laugh at Krieg's jest. Resting her hand on the doorknob she turns to her gigantic host.

"I make no promises," she says with a wink. Pausing to allow the humor to define this final moment, Blackbird would soon dip her head in respect, "Be well, Hierophant," she said.

Unless stopped, Blackbird would depart, exiting into the night.

Good to close on my end if you are! Great scene!

K
    Krieg

"Fly free, Blackbird. Fly free," he bid her farewell.

Good to close! Great scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.