Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Rhapsody) Loyalties Divided

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    C
    Cross

Rebecca tries to remember a lesson about Dominate, but can't quite recall it...

Tag me when y'all are ready to proceed.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Cross Blackbird has the Kindred Discipline specialty in the Occult skill. Could she make the check?

C
    Cross

Go ahead; that specialty would enable this roll.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-10 15:26:21 Blackbird rolls 7 to Remembering a Lesson in Dominate (Int+Occult+Specialty) (10 Again) 2, 10, 7, 7, 9, 3, 8, 6 3 successes

C
    Cross

Blackbird doesn't have personal experience in Dominate. However, with her detailed and specific study of Kindred Disciplines, she knows that Rebecca is wrong in her assessment of how Dominate works. A person subject to a Vinculum who cannot betray their master naturally can be made to do so by way of Dominate. What won't be as likely to work if this person is a ghoul is torture.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As the Harpy speaks about torture and it use against the Vinculum, Blackbird's face clearly relates her disagreement.

"Apologies, Doctor," the neonate said, "but I spent a significant amount of time studying Disciplines and Kindred when among the Hunters and even after my Embrace. Some of this related to testing the strength of Blood Bonds... fervently. In my findings, I discovered that coercion through the use of physical pain did not offer expected results. Following my Embrace, these studies continued and, through observations, I found your family's gift was a greater tool for extracting information. It has an unnatural way of breaking bonds that would be near-impossible to breach through baser methods, including torture."

Then a pause as Blackbird allows the information to sink in. Kindred have egos and she didn't want to risk offending the Doctor's. "It is not my intent to offend by these statements, of course," she offers, "I simply don't feel you should risk degradation when the ends likely will not justify the means."

Then Blackbird stares to the side in clear ponderance.

Could my gift look beyond the Veil?

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-10 18:04:01 Blackbird rolls 7 to Can Majesty Contest Vinculum? (Int+Occult+Specialty) (10 Again) 8, 2, 9, 7, 5, 7, 3 2 successes

R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Rebecca listened to Alessandra's response her excitement swelled to an almost fever pitch. Then, Blackbird spoke. Rebecca paused, for probably longer than she would have liked, before speaking. "Is that so?" Again she paused. "While I have studied much of the sciences and medicine, it would seem you have much more experience with the finer details of the occult than I do, so I will heed your wisdom." Rebecca was not a prideful creature. She could handle being corrected, especially when it led to beneficial results. What she felt more was a great disappointment and sadness over her inability to experiment with Vinnie, as if a plaything had been snatched from her clutches just before playtime. "Let me try and get more detailed information."

Rebecca turned and walked back towards Vinnie. She was thankful her mask concealed her disappointment. Forcing the power into her words, she spoke again. "This Accountant, you will tell us where he is located and his plans for Sacramento, as well as any other information we seek about him. You shall answer completely, without concealing anything." She had to be careful, or her disappointment would transition into anger. She had to remain at peace and calm, for that was her way.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-10 18:34:21 Rebecca Simmons rolls 10 to Mesmerize (Int 3 + Exp 2 + Dom 2) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 1, 8, 7, 3, 2, 9, 5, 2, 1 2 successes

Rebecca uses Mesmerize on Vinnie

C
    Cross

"I can't. I can't. Stop it. Please, Dona, make her stop..."

Apparently, Rebecca's new command didn't hold either. How frustrating was it, that this weak-willed mortal was holding against the might of the Priscus of Ventrue's supernatural will?

Sorry for the delay!

2 sux to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-12 18:30:44 Vinnie Bruni rolls 3 to Resist Dominate (10 Again) 2, 8, 9 2 successes

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches the man closely. He's obviously desperate, no matter what else he is. Dirt Nap tenses, ready to act if the man somehow escapes his bonds or does something else, unexpected.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-12 23:27:16 Dirt Nap rolls 5 to Study the prisoner closely (Wits 2 + Composure 3) (10 Again) 10, 4, 2, 10, 4, 1, 6 2 successes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird seemed to have a lot of useful knowledge.

Turning back to Vinnie as Rebecca tries yet again, her arms remained crossed.

An eyebrow raises at the begging, "She will not stop until I have the information I need. If it makes you uncomfortable, then too fucking bad. You betrayed me, you should seriously reconsider your loyalties and life choices. Let her ask and answer, it will make things easier and less painful for you."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.