Ended
Watch

Red and Purple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Since Rebecca was currently free, Vivian may as well take the time to have the conversation now. She rose and closed the door after Adam had left. Returning to her seat, she didn't ask the Ventrue to move, but the Daeva swiveled her chair to chat.

"What on earth is that man's damage?" Her lips were pursed, Vivian was still entirely unimpressed about all he said.

Continued from here.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

With Adam now gone Rebecca decided to move to the other side of Vivian's desk. "I really don't know. I find it very strange that he constantly hedges that he will remain if his superiors allow him to. If they sent him to Sacramento to find out about the church, wouldn't the assumption be that unless there's some conspiracy against them he would stay to revive the covenant? And I have never, in all my time with you, ever took you to be 'bored' by any particular conversation, and it was rudely presumptious for him to think such," she said. Rebecca had a lot of respect for Vivian and did not like the thought of someone seeing her as 'basic'.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian flipped her hand in the air. "Precisely!" The hand returned to her lap in a resting manner.

"How on earth does he think that we should just let him do all this stuff, and 'report' to his superiors. It's utterly ridiculous to think that he should be allowed to have full access to the Lancea's valuables and whatnot freely. Thankfully, you will be accompanying him. However, do you think you will be safe?"

"Bare in mind, I have a feeling you can handle yourself. Yet, caution may be needed. She's said enough times he's from San Francisco, he needs to report and etc. There is just something unnerving about this entire situation." The Daeva shook her head and her lips were pursed.

Tapping the desk, still irritated at those remarks. "Thank you, Madame Simmons. I would have actually appreciated him going into detail. Perhaps I wouldn't be so guarded about what is going on with him and his prior Domain. I do wonder if this should be reported to the Prince. I will be letting the Sheriff know."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"It really makes you question his loyalties. Now I understand a newcomer won't be completely dedicated to Prince Antinori right out of the gate, but it's hard to trust a person when they come in and immediately start focusing on a secondary 'higher' authority." Always good to be wary of split loyalists. "And you're welcome. I think it would be foolish for him to harm me in anyway, especially since he knows you are aware of the situation. If I were to disappear, which I believe is unlikely, you would most likely suspect him right away." Though it didn't help that he had a Domain he could quickly run away to.

"I will be extra cautious Madam Seneschal and report back to you everything that happens once I know the date that we will check out the location. And it was smart to let the Sheriff know, though she will undoubtedly know something at some point since she is the Regent of that area and he'll have to get her permission first."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian gently patted her hand on her desk. "That is exactly it! I don't think he quite realizes how difficult it is to not question loyalties. Not to mention, what the bloody hell else will he be reporting."

Nodding at Rebecca's assessment. "Very good points. Unless the Sheriff wants to personally oversee this as well since it's in her Regency, then you're correct. If you planned to leave and I didn't get a return message within 48 hours, then I would know exactly who to have the Prince call the Bloodhunt on." She smirked. It wasn't a laughing matter, but since she'd been in the Domain a Bloodhunt hadn't happened yet.

"And that conversation." Now, the Daeva laughed. "You will definitely have to share how well that goes, I will be aching to know."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"I guess only time will tell if he can be trusted. But until then Moore House is within Sheriff Moretti's Regency, so I'm sure she'll also make sure he's not up to anything." Then she smiled, "Exactly. But let's hope I survive just fine and there is no Bloodhunt. And in regards to that conversation, I'm sure Sheriff Moretti won't hesitate to speak her mind." She never did.

Then Rebecca shifted in her seat. "Ignoring Mr. Exlibrist for the moment, how have you been lately? I don't believe we've had an opportunity to have a private conversation since we last spoke about the First Estate." It was always good to catch up with allies.

I'm so sorry for the delay

V
    Vivian York

Vivian moved back with a huge grin and a shake of her head. "Oh no, I am sure the Sheriff would have no qualms about letting him or anyone else have it. Sometimes, I wonder if I may have some competition on being a little ruthless." If the Daeva was Sheriff, heads would probably roll. Of course, she often thought of rolling heads since her Beast had begged her to do so.

"Oh I will gladly ignore Mr. Exhibitionist if I absolutely can." She fluttered and rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"I feel like I have been busier than normal, even if I don't seem that way. Of course, the new tavern has taken some of my attention. I had a new years party at Smoke and Glass, perhaps one of these times we could have an Invictus meeting there. Or girls night." She grinned with a devilish look.

"I'd been wanting to open a place since the Lily was available. I do love to engage in smoking, and California is rather difficult to do that without proper licensing. I think there's only a few others that you can do that in now. Unless it's a vape or hooka bar."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Ruthlessness can be a very valuable trait. I strive to take a moderate approach to things, though sometimes one must be put in their place, permanently if necessary, and only ruthlessness will do," she said with a smile. Rebecca wasn't above being seen as the bad guy if it meant doing what needed to be done.

Rebecca chuckled at Vivian's reply about ignoring Adam, but moved on. "I regretfully have not had an opportunity to visit Smoke and Glass, but I hope to do so soon. And I would love to have a girls' night out. I imagine Her Majesty would enjoy that as well." Rebecca knew that Ale liked to get out and have fun from time to time. "So your establishment, does it only serve those interested in smoking, or does it offer drinks as well?"

V
    Vivian York

Vivian gave a hearty chuckle. "I am sure if you were beyond annoyed, you would probably let loose." Smirking and playing out what may happen in her head briefly.

"Perhaps I watch far too much television, yet, it has its benefits." Her finger rose in the air. "As Patrick Swayze as Dalton in Road House said, 'Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice', some of the best advice I ever received from pop culture." She shrugged, Vivian's hands opened. "In our nature, it's all about impressions. Some are more lasting than others." Her eyes rolled as she thought about a few who'd passed through here and didn't last.

Nodding. "Yes, there are spirits well stocked. Considering with all going on in the world, there was no question of ever offering liquor. However, the staff is trained to watch for when people have had too much. I am not running some dive place and want stumbling drunks or bar fights there."

Clapping her hands together excitedly. "Yes, the three of us should get together soon. And by soon, I mean within the next week. What do you think?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

If only the Seneschal knew. She offered the woman a light chuckle, "I can't remember the last time I 'let loose'. But I did get fairly annoyed with Davis at times." Not that she had ever shown it.

"My Sire taught me the same thing, though phrased a little different. He was also always a fan of the expression 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' That's been a guiding principle for much of my Requiem." How else did the Venus Fly Trap catch its pray but with the smell of something sweet?

"That's good to hear, though I don't really get to partake in them. It sounds like you have a firm grasp of what you want out of your establishment. I can really appreciate that." She valued those with vision, and the will to stick to it.

"I would absolutely love that. The sooner the better," she said with a smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.