Ended
Watch

(1902) Shadow Priest in the Corner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

"You're welcome. If Dirt Nap is what you like best then that's what I'll call you." Curiosity getting the best of her, "Is there a story behind being called Dirt Nap?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap looks at Adam Exlibrist for a long moment, going perfectly still as if parsing the man's words or pondering his intent with them.

"Huh." Dirt Nap says. "Well, I think you really should call me, 'Mister Carter' then, sir." he says slowly. "Though I never did claim it was my 'True Name'. In fact, it's not True at all."

Turning to Elettra Vitale as she responds, Dirt Nap smiles, "Thank you, Ma'am, Priscus Vitale. I really appreciate that." he says.

He pauses and then says, "You know that's really interesting, that you ask. I believe you're the first person to ask me that since I got here." he says. "And it kind of connects, in a way to what I hoped to ask you about. But anyway, the story goes, I was working a ranch a while ago, and some of the people working with me noticed how I always preferred to sleep outside, and commented on it. They nicknamed me, 'Dirt Nap', cause I was sleeping in the dirt, but also meaning to poke fun at me, cause that's what they called it when they'd shoot coyotes, that the dead ones they shot were 'taking a dirt nap'."

Dirt Nap smiles again, "They had no idea of course, that in my Clan, we have a way of sleeping that is actually much safer for our kind, much more secure than sleeping indoors. But also they didn't know that I am of a kind, where our 'sleep' is a bit closer to death than most, too."

He pauses then says, "So I liked the name, and took to it, thinking it was the most 'Truthful' thing I'd been called since the man I was had passed from this earth."

Dirt Nap is still for a long moment. "I hope you don't mind, if I go ahead and let you know what I had in mind to ask you." he says, "Honestly, I didn't know it would be such a pleasure to talk with you, just for it's own sake. The thing is, as I mentioned, there are some things each Clan can do, teaches how to do, that it could be a touchy thing for someone outside a Clan to ask about, wanting to learn. I do want to learn something, and so I asked my Priscus, Priscus Wood for her advice both about how I could approach it, and what I might teach in return, if it came to that. She spoke highly of you, Priscus Vitale, and said you would be someone it might be good to talk to about it."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Well, I would not bathe my tongue in lies. If Carter isn't your true name, then I guess Mr. Nap will do." The man's True Name would come in time.

Then Mr. Nap began the discussion of learning disciplines.

"Fascinating." And it was. The young Gangrel was boldly asking to be taught a proprietary discipline right in the middle of open court. Adam turned to examine Elettra's response. The president for teaching Auspex was about to be set. What would Mr. Nap offer in exchange?

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra smiles warmly at Dirt Nap, "Well, I do enjoy learning about people and sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me. Dirt Nap is quite an interesting nickname so I just had to know the story behind it. The story is as interesting as I hoped it would be!"

She listens carefully and intently to Dirt Nap as he builds up the question and is quite sure what he's implying that he wants to learn. She's also quite surprised that he asked so boldly in the middle of an open court. But, maybe that's just her, she's more private about such things. "I think I know where you're getting at and I personally would rather talk about such things in a more private setting. I really don't know you well, but I am willing to meet with you one on one since Priscus Wood sent you in my direction." She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a card, "This has my cell number, why don't you get ahold of me sometime soon and we can discuss this further?"

A
    Atticus James

"Ya'll miss me." Atticus says as he rejoins the conversation. "Sup Clay. Good to see you as always." Atticus says now that the two can actually speak. "Elettra, Adam, did I miss anything?"

Two Mekhet and two Gangrel walk into a bar. Sounds like a joke.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods to Adam Exlibrist, "If Truth is what you're after, it's the most True name I got nowadays." he says.

Dirt Nap goes still and listens intently to Elettra Vitale's words. "Thank you very much." he says, receiving her card from her hand. "I apologize for my impatience and lack of proper manners, Ma'am, Priscus Vitale." he says. "I am not much used to formal ways, nor the ways of getting learning from across different groups." he says. "I appreciate all kinds of learning, and I can see you know a lot more about these things than I do."

Turning to Adam Exlibrist, he says, "I hope I didn't offend you, too much."

Dirt Nap smiles when Atticus arrives and greets him warmly. "Glad to see you again, Deputy James." he says, sounding sincere.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"No offense that can not be made up for in time, Mr. Nap. I like the Almighty am forgiving."

Adam was secretly hoping that Elettra would invite him to sit in on her meeting with Mr. Nap. The position of Whip was still in question and no one should be left alone in a room with a Gangrel when disciplines were being passed around. And then there was the matter of Priscus Wood. How would the Prince take the spreading of the ability to shapeshift among the Shadows? Such abilities would make the Clan of Assassins even deadlier.

"Deputy James, the end of your absence is a great pleasure. Please join us again. We were just discussing the origin of Mr. Nap's name and other matters." Adam was confident that the Sheriff and her Deputies would also like to know who among the city could appear out of nowhere and fillet a mark.

E
    Elettra Vitale

With a smile, "Deputy James, it is such a pleasure to have you return to our group!" She says with a wink at the end. He's such a mystery to her which intrigues her curiosity.

Turning her attention to Dirt Nap, "You're welcome." With a reassuring smile, "All is forgiven, I know we all come from different walks of life. If it's not a major error and no malicious intent to the error I tend to not get too upset about it. Teaching moments are important. I look forward to meeting with you and getting to know you a bit better and then we can go from there."

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

wrong account, sorry.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Well." he says, to Adam Exlibrist.

To Elettra Vitale, he says, "Priscus Wood gave me very good advice, as usual." he nods, "I think I should leave you now, unless there's anything else you want to say, Ma'am, Priscus Vitale." he says. "Otherwise, I guess I should leave you to your business, and I will be sure to call you and find out when is a time to your liking to speak privately." he says. "Thank you again for your time and patience."

Dirt Nap will pause in case anyone has anything further to say to him or ask him, waiting long enough not to be rude. Otherwise he leaves the group.

11. Likes Psychangel liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 38

You do not have permission to view the list of names.