Ended
Watch

(1902) Private Talks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Rebecca reached the door of Ale's office she waited for a moment so they could walk in together. "I will try not to take up too much of your time Your Majesty."

Figured I'd let you describe the office itself.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She spied Lina, offering her a nod of her head and smile. Though internally, her Beast was demanding the Daeva’s blood. It was weak, but her Beast still wanted it.

Then she notices Dirt Nap, who had the manners to keep his hat off in Court. Which was refreshing to see. Though his weak Beast still stirred immense anger in her own.

Still she turns back to Rebecca and follows, Cain right at her side. Moving in behind the Harpy, she closes the door.

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

“That’s fine, I'm always willing to make time for you. Did you want to sit?”
    she gestures to the various sitting areas. “What can I do for you?” though she thinks she knows what was on the good doctors mind.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Taking a seat in one of the skull shaped chairs Rebecca decided to focus on the clear topic at hand. "I feel an apology is in order, as well as an explanation of sorts, and an inquiry. As you're aware it's usually very difficult for our kind to consider anyone a true 'friend'. The danse, for everything it is, does not encourage or reward close relationships with other Kindred. For some time I have started to see Priscus Wood as something close to a friend, which may be attributed to the fact that without her help I may not have made it out safely from the incident with the poachers and the police. But my closeness to her is nothing compared to my loyalty to you, and thus it does not excuse my failure to adequately evaluate her violation of your Elysium. And for that I am deeply sorry Your Majesty," she said, lowering her head as she offered her apology.

"With that said, I believe you did levy a punishment against Priscus Wood of banishment to the Barrens for a month for her violation. There must have been some reason for leniency on your behalf. While I can understand the Sheriff's position, am I to also punish those who violate your laws, above and beyond what you have already deem reasonable or appropriate? I ask so that I may better serve you." What would be the Prince's answer? It would reveal how Rebecca would act from then on.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage sits behind the desk, Cain coming to rest beside her.

“Miss Wood has done a lot for the Domain and those that reside in it.”
    A nod of her head. “But where you see her as somewhat of a close friend, I see her as being a problem. I did levy that punishment, and it was lenient because it was her first offense and she has always been there when needed. It sounded like it was a very stressful night, and I took that into consideration.” Maybe she had been too lenient.

“You should know this, throwing your support behind someone has consequences. Some good, some not. It’s up to you to decide if someone is worth the risk or not. It’s your reputation, not mine. But I will not back your support of her.” Perhaps she needed to explain.

“I don’t owe you an explanation as to why, but I want to give you one. I value you and our friendship, and as such, I’ll be honest with you. Tell me, where you are Priscus of your Clan, would you ever approach another Lord and ask them not to attend a Clan meeting?” she asks, folding her hands on her desk. “See, I ask this, because Miss Wood thought it appropriate to seek to exclude me from a Gangrel meeting. How many red flags does that raise for you? Because to me, it’s a lot. I’ve had to tell her to leave my office on more than one occasion, she has seen fit to second guess my decisions, attempt to take credit for Cain, thrown the offer of Keeper back in my face, making it sound as if I owed her something. So I’m curious, is that worthy of support?”

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca sat rigid. She did not like to be surprised. She did not like not knowing something. She had missed a whole piece of the equation. The one thing that helped Rebecca maintain her composure was hearing the Prince acknowledge their own friendship, something she valued dearly. Rebecca's mask held firm, though there was no smile on her face. Merely a polite and friendly calm. "Thank you for telling me, because as you said, you do not owe me an explanation. I had absolutely no idea that Priscus Wood attempted to exclude you from the Clan meeting, and I would never attempt to do such a thing towards a member of my own Clan. There appears to be much I did not know about Mable Wood." Rebecca had acknowledged her closeness to Mable, but had it blinded her more than she knew? Could Mable be plotting something against the Prince? She didn't want to think such a thing could be true but Rebecca knew quite well that appearances could be deceiving. "I want to make it clear to you, here and now, that if there is a choice between supporting you and supporting Priscus Wood, I will not hesitate to choose to support you." There was no choice in Rebecca's mind. The Prince came first.

If Rebecca were human she would have swallowed hard at this very moment. Cain's presence, it seemed, gave the scene before her a stressful new context. "I want to ask if she tried to give an explanation for her actions....but I can't even think of one that would justify something like that. Do you believe there is a plot against you?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She simply nodded. “Unfortunately, I have been learning a lot about my Cousin lately.” It was spoken with little to no emotion. “Thank you for your words.” Though right now, they were that, words. If it came down to it, would the Ventrue back them up?

“The excuse she gave me was that it would make the others more comfortable to discuss things. According to her, I judge every thought or word someone says.” She then shakes her head and laughs. “When I got the ability to read thoughts, I don’t know.” An attempt at a joke. “She thinks no one is free to have an open discussion with me. And supposedly me asking her why was proving whatever lame point she was attempting to make. Now, I like to think I’ve gone out of my way to make others feel comfortable around me, but I could be wrong. It’s happened before. But I will not have someone sit in front of me and tell me how I’m feeling or that I’m judging when I am not.” Not happening.

“I can’t be certain, but there have things that have been happening that are leading me to believe something is going on. Rather it just be the two in question, or the Crone as a whole, I don’t know yet. But Miss Wood will be watched and I do not trust her.” That was for certain.

“I hope this clears up why your support of her was met with harsh words. But I also know you didn’t have the full story, and I take some responsibility for not bringing you up to speed. I had no idea the two of you were so close.”

7. Likes Stray liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Alessandra spoke Rebecca let out a slight chuckle. "Oh I apologize Your Majesty, but I have never found you judgmental or anything other than easy to talk to. I just found it silly to hear that as her excuse. If you can read minds, could you teach me as well," she said with a smile, before Ale turned serious again.

Then Rebecca put a finger to her lips. "The Crone..." Ale had given her information, so it was only right that Rebecca give some of her own. "It's interesting that you feel the Crone may be involved in some plot, because just recently Priscus Krieg inquired if I had a Whip or some type of Deputy Harpy. Then I received a letter from Thomas Boyle, a new Crone Ventrue, wondering if we were going to have a Clan meeting, and if so would I be interested in having it at the Crone Temple." She paused as she tapped her finger against her lips, her mind deep in thought. "Most interesting."

"We had grown close, but clearly I did not know enough. I have never seen anything but kindness and friendliness from Priscus Wood, but clearly you have experienced something very different with her. A part of me still has hope that she is not part of some elaborate plan, but based on what you've told me she'd have to do a great deal to regain the trust she once held." She paused again, her eyes looking the Prince in the eyes. "I'd like to help you find out what, if anything, they're planning. As I said, I am loyal to you. With the situation as it is, I hope to do what I can to prove that to you."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “I try, but, I’ve learned I can’t please everyone nor will everyone like me.” Just how it was. Laughing, “I will gladly teach you! Once I learn how I do it.” A wink.

She looks confused for a moment, “A deputy Harpy? Did we acquire a new Domain position that I didn’t know about?” she asks, “Do you feel you need someone to help with your duties as Harpy?” she hadn’t noticed Rebecca struggling. “But it is interesting that the Crone is taking an interest in positions, and that they’re being obvious about it. Mr Krieg isn’t in good standing with me right now either, so they’re batting zero.” Interesting.

“Her and I haven’t always had such a difficult relationship. I like to believe we were close once. I don’t want to believe there is some plan going on, but I’m not taking chances.” Not that she felt threatened by Mable or Krieg. “Nor am I going to let them play their game without consequences. With getting publicly called out, I expect her to change her behavior, to attempt to save face. Will it work?” a shrug, “I don’t know. Some will buy it, but I’m more of an action type of girl.” Words were pretty and could smooth over some situations. But not all and most of the time words were shit. “If that’s something you want to do, I won’t stop you. Though I ask that you are careful, Mr Krieg isn’t above going against direct orders from me. So be wary.”

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Well some are always going to take even the smallest of actions as a snub or slight against them. It can't be avoided unfortunately." She then smiled, "It's a deal then."

Then Rebecca laughed. "I think the term is sometimes referred to as a 'Talon' but no I haven't needed the help of an official assistant. Really my job is quite straight forward and benefits more from people keeping me informed than any deputy position could probably provide, but I found it interesting that he was advocating on Mr. Boyle's behalf so boldly. Normally I'd find nothing irregular about it, I mean I'm just as guilty of offering unsolicited recommendations as the next. It's just the timing with the information you just gave me that gives it a concerning context."

Rebecca listened carefully as the Prince continued to speak. "I wonder," she said, putting her finger to her lip again. "I've obviously shown public support for someone I now know you have concerns for. I'd like to prove my loyalty to you with action instead of words. I'd also like, if I can, to help reveal whether Priscus Wood is involved in some plot against you. I imagine she thinks I am one of the few people she can trust in the Domain right now. What if I start meeting with her in an attempt to rehabilitate her reputation and I record the conversations for you? I could attempt to suss out her true feelings in regards to you, as well as any plans with the Crone and then report directly to you." She then paused. "Or, if you'd prefer, I can condemn her publicly so as to make it clear that I support you and leave no ambiguity on her place in the Domain."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was glad Rebecca didn’t need an assistant, “People have come to trust you and what you say. And Mr Boyle hasn’t struck me as someone who would thrive in such a role. But then again, I don’t know him all that well. But if his recommendation comes from Mr Krieg, that’s enough to tell me he won’t be in such a position.” Plain and simple.

The Savage looks thoughtful, “It’s rather concerning. And come to think about it, both seem to have changed about the same time. Attitudes, actions, all shifted. I’ve already put forth a punishment to Mr Krieg to attempt to keep a close eye on him, and I’m expecting him to screw it up.” She wasn’t using his titles. Fuck him. “But seems I might need to tighten the noose.”

A nod as she thinks over the words, “Kindred don’t tend to throw together a coup by talking about it. I don’t see her revealing any plans they have. Nothing against you, but it’s not something you discuss with a Domain Official. I know most of her true feelings, she feels I don’t appreciate her and what’s she done for the Domain and that I don’t reward her for it. This started with her asking for a Regency and me saying no. Oh, then there is her saying I don’t put the Clan first and foremost.” An eyeroll. “She is misguided, but I don’t know if anyone can help that. If you think you can, go for it. Just remember what happened with Mr Davis, some are not worth saving.” It was true. “Tell me, what happens if you are unable to salvage whatever is left of her reputation?” she asks.

“Her standing within the Domain is going to take more than some nice words from you. But maybe you enjoy a challenge. Just remember, I will continue to be vocal of my opinion on her when asked. Despite what you may feel about her. I don’t seek to change your thoughts on her, only educate you on the situation and let you make educated decisions. But everything has a consequence, every action and every word.”
    Then a smile, “But you’re a smart woman, and you strike me as the type to make careful and controlled movements and statements.”

But there was a Court going on. "Perhaps we should setup a time to meet after Court, going into more detail if it's needed. Maybe more about how you think you can help Miss Wood."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.