Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Vorpal) Small Series of Secure E-mails

L
    Lina Moretti

The following e-mail was sent to Krieg, Mable and Blackbird.

All,

There are items that need to be retrieved from thuggish individuals who may not wish to part with them. This is high priority. I would expect this will require some tough guys who want to prove themselves. Krieg, you will be a primary on this as it falls well within your skill set. Blackbird, you are not being required to attend this one, unless you wish to.

Who do you recommend?

LM

To be clear, this is a great moment to recommend people you've met who are new and combat-y to get them involved. I want to see some new characters in this plot.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The below email is sent to Krieg and Lina Moretti . However, Mable Wood is conspicously absent in the recipients line and has not recieved the email from Blackbird herself.

To the Addressed:

I can confirm I have recieved Sheriff Moretti's correspondence and am relaying my intent to remain apart from the field per her announcement. Given Deputy Krieg's qualifications, I have no objections to his placement as the leading officer in this engagement. I echo your thoughts on the matter, Sheriff. Deputy Krieg has my full confidence.

Per your request for recommendations, it is dependent on the manner by which your items must be retrieved. Either way, considering our modern surroundings, it is likely some familiarity with more modern means of security may be necessary. Manipulating surviellance cameras, cleaning our trail, and searching databases are all but a few possibilities. To this end, I suggest looking into a Kindred with some skill in computer networks.

The thief, Seth Kind, could also be useful. It would also allow us the opportunity to appraise his skill and his loyalties. At best, he'll make things go over with less chance of violence. At worst, he will prove himself a threat and we can explore avenues to discredit him or, in extreme circumstances, recommend his exile or elimination to her Majesty.

Finally, the need for competent investigators and soldiers is obvious. If you can convince her, Archon Twist seems an excellent choice. I need not remind you of her reputation or ability. Failing this, perhaps Garrett Prosper would prove capable. It would afford him the opportunity to begin establishing himself, but I cannot comment on his capabilities. Thomas Boyle may also be worth consideration. The Lord is predominantly a scholar, but seems an observant sort and his drive to learn about the Domain may indeed be the sign of an investigative spirit.

In the end, though dangerous, this task will allow us an excellent opportunity by which we can test the capabilities of new Kindred. Thus, I suggest picking candidates from that particular pool before accessing more blooded members of the Domain. It will allow us to ensure we retain the service of Kindred with proven records and also grant needed insight into the ability of these new individuals.

Naturally, my own specialties and contacts remain at your disposal should you need them. You need only call.

I understand my recommendation to utilize Thomas Boyle as a means of testing his capability may be construed as malicious. Ultimately, Deputy Krieg may think me callous for seeing the issue as such an opportunity. Nonetheless, Mr. Boyle is an unknown quantity to much of the Domain. Deputy Krieg, I assure you my recommendation is not done with malice or his destruction in mind.

- BB

P.S. I have left Priscus Wood off of this email as she is not a Deputy. Should Sheriff Moretti feel it prudent to include the good Priscus on my thoughts, I will not oppose the action. I am simply trying to ensure our actions remain confidential should we need that privacy.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sheriff Moretti,

I am always willing to help out with anything. If you decide you need me to join in on this venture, I will be there.

I wonder if the new shadow, Derek would be helpful? I am not sure if the newest gangrel, Garrett Prosper will be helpful. He is very observant and smart, so he may be very useful. Thomas Boyle is of an academic bent. Perhaps Krieg will have a better read on him at this point.

-Mable

4. Likes Stray liked this post
    K
    Krieg

Krieg scanned the email. Lina needed combat oriented individuals. The only 'new' candidates he could think of were all Gangrel. There were others who might suffice.

He replied only to Lina and Blackbird. BB had raised a valid point on ensuring collective confidentiality.

Sheriff, and Deputy, I am most grateful for your votes of confidence.

For pure brute force, myself and Priscus Wood operate well together.

I pay attention to things online. As for candidates, Derek might be a viable candidate for erasing our digital footprint. He has the vibe of someone who involves himself with that discipline.

I agree with Thomas as our lead investigator. This opportunity works well with our creed.

Priscus Vitale would make for a good support role. I don't say this disparagingly - if we need someone socially adept, she's the best for it. My ugly mug on the other hand...

As for Seth Kind, this is worth a try. He sinks, swims, or I throw him a lifesaver.

P.S.

No offense taken, BB. I know you always have the best of intentions.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina's reply was short, and to the Deputies only.

Krieg:

Pull together Wood, Kind, Prosper and Mitnick to the office. I want to go over the evidence and see what we've got. We'll go from there.

Blackbird, thank you for your assistance. Keep eyes out for your next assignment. You've done well.

Moretti

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.