Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Blackmail and Donuts (Continued)

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

As Mark takes off, he hears a car door slam and the sound of heavy, running footfalls.

Roll Dex + Stealth and Str + Athletics for Mark, both at +2

M
    Markos Connelly

Rolls, be gentile

Mark can tell the footsteps are gaining on him, so he glances around for some place to hide. Noticing a dumpster, he crouches behind that, hoping the shadows will hide him.

The big, square-jawed guy in the cheap suit runs about 10 feet ahead of the dumpster, then stops and looks around. Mark notices he carries in his hand a big pistol - a .44 magnum. Apparently this guy doesn't believe in subtlety. He also obviously isn't in the best of shape, despite his slab-muscled build, as he's sounding a tiny bit winded from that short run. Maybe he needed to focus on endurance training than the weight lifting he obviously did.

The cop stops and cocks his head, listening, then turns... and looks right at Mark. "There you are, shitbird," he mutters, the corners of his mouth rising in a half-grin.

M
    Markos Connelly

Mark puts his hand in his pocket and holds down speed dial 6 button for Arnold Culler "Alright you got me," Mark stands slowly taking his hand out of his pocket. The phone still on is still on when mark says, with a smile on his face, "So what are you gonna do with that big heater of yours? You gonna blast me? You sure thats wise?"

OOC Message for DD

Roll Dex + Stealth at +2 (for light conditions) to pull off the speed-dial without the guy noticing. This will be an opposed roll vs. the guy's Perception.

M
    Markos Connelly

Roll

notice, or not?

The big guy doesn't appear to have noticed Mark's covert call. "That depends what you have to say," he says. "Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

M
    Markos Connelly

"I don't think that would be such a good idea. You could shoot me in the back. If I am going to be shot I would rather see it coming. Oh and in about 3 minutes an email is going to be sent to the press containing all those fantastic pictures. So you may want to let me make a phone call..." Mark was playing up the confidence and the smile. He is trying really hard to keep this guy off balance. Most people wouldn't be smiling when they have a gun pointed at them...

"And the press would know to do this how?" the big guy asks, smirking. "Turn around. I'm not going to shoot you. Not yet, anyhow."

M
    Markos Connelly

"The Press will be recieving an email from an associate of mine. Which means you and your boss, at least I assume you work for Detective Rodregues, Will be exposed. Are you sure you want that?" Mark says still not wavering from his nonchalant attitude.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread