Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
(1902) Meeting of Light

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    A
    Alastor

Proteus?

Some synapse, way in the back fired, recalling a Legacy, recalling great isolation... but potentially great power, as well. Stories of nigh-unkillable Thyrsus. What he had heard was about a panther. Could it be that this Galatea was one of those? If so, she was potentially a significant military asset. Observing the transformation and letting it go through without interruption, the First Talon gave his thoughts.

"You one of the Orphans?"

A hand slipped into his pocket as the soldier took a moment to consider what to say next.

"Word to the wise - I understand transformation might be comfortable for you, but you're going to have Guardians up your ass if you throw vulgar magic around casually."

He glanced to Winter pointedly, simultaneously advising her that yes, there was a Guardian present, and also acknowledging him.

Alastor knows. He's got that serious Occult.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-24 11:56:58 Alastor rolls 7 to Orphans of Proteus? Wits + Occult (10 Again) 6, 7, 9, 1, 1, 2, 6 1 success

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx is off the wall and halfway towards the transforming girl with High Speech flying from her lips before the Were-shark speaks. The words die and the half-formed glyphs of Force fade into nothingness.She halts, warily watching, as the others (Alastor in particular) recognise what this particular display of blatent vulgarity is.

The Obrimos stares, shocked but unflinching, at the animal-human hybrid with razor teeth standing in the concillium.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smoothly and apparently unhurriedly moves to back up Phoenyx when she moves. He is standing next to her when she stops. His hands are at his sides, empty, and he is scanning around the room, and the entrance for anyone or anything that might be taking advantage of the distraction.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 15:07:07 Kaze rolls 6 to perception (Wits 3 + Composure 3) (10 Again) 8, 1, 2, 1, 8, 2 2 successes
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

The girl invoked something rather peculiar, and her shape changed with it. The smell of saltwater made Abacus's nostrils flare in that telltale way that told him that this was vulgar magick.

It would send his mind reeling like a fisherman's line into the depths of memory and knowledge, to the volumes and the tomes and the writings.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 15:29:20 Abacus rolls 5 to Recall & Identify (Wits + Occult) (10 Again) 9, 6, 2, 10, 7, 2 2 successes

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 15:30:05 Abacus rolls 5 to Recall & Identify (Wits + Occult) (10 Again) 8, 10, 1, 5, 4, 8 3 successes

There! A legacy as old, no older than Atlantis. Tooth and claw. Hide and fang. The first eyes to open to the truth of the Lie, prowling the plains and the seas. Proud warriors now cast out as mere beast. Abacus had no means to directly relate. But there was power in this room.

Alas, it was only something he read in arcane histories. It was something truly primeval until today. He couldn't help but crack a small smile at the visage of something truly marvelous.

"I concur with the Arrow on principle. But you have to admit, that was awesome. An Orphan of Proteus has graced us with her presence..."

A variable...I have never considered. Ever.

Abacus was taken aback at the realization. He pondered respectfully, Galatea warranting his full attention.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

6. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Can somebody please explain to me what the fuck is going on?" Shodan is visibly perplexed "Are we starring in Teenage Mutant Ninja Weresharks now?"

He catches his breath, seeing a wide variety of reactions, from indifference of Aurora to aggression of Phoenyx, to mild interest from Abacus and Alastor "What is an Orphan of Proteus anyway? Some kind of obscure Legacy?"

He composes himself at last and chuckles "For what it's worth I'm glad you're here, Horror Show" he addresses Galatea "We sure could use as many teeth and claws as we can find, and if this" He raises a hand, indicating... well, everything about her "will be a regular thing, you will likely take some of the attention of our resident Guardian from me"

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wow.

So many thoughts and feelings swelled to the surface watching what was happening, but that one word summed it up perfectly. A Shaman came into the Circle, identified herself as a pentacle mage before offering a small glimpse of the Primal might of the Wild. Then the concilium, like minnows in the presence of a shark, lost their shit over a little magic and the quaking fear of the fun police. Contempt, aggression, and flat out body shaming from the Libertine of all people proved that the majority of the self proclaimed Wise failed in every way to respect the gifts given to even the newly awakened.

"Definitely awesome." Cosmo nodded in agreement with Abacus before returning his attention to Galatea. "Are you doing anything later Galatea? I'm looking for some people to bunk with and you're definitely on the cool kids list."

Also an Arrow with knife teeth that a noncombatant apostate was happy to cabal up with before the Arrows-that-almost-pummeled-her-over-a-spell-she-warned-she-was-casting swooped in.

"Also? Shame." His wrist flicked up with an imaginary bell as he turned his attention to Kaster and Shodan. "An Arrow just said she felt more comfortable in this form then her regular one and your first reaction is making jokes about her appearance? Chum bucket? Horror Show? Really?"

Welcome to Awakened high school, where it's still cool to mock people who look or act different. Small minds might think about the implications of Life for gender and sexual orientation, bigger minds would see past the Lie of both to something Primal. Something as utilitarian as it was natural for the Awakened. But small minds somehow always prevailed in the face of surprise and adversity. The ugly show the faces of hatred and disdain in acts of an otherwise miraculous nature. At least Alastor and Abacus had the Wisdom to see past all that, even if one did nod to the nothing where the fun police might be hiding.

G
    Galatea

A very... Eccentric... Individual speaking a few words she didn't understand (though perhaps the intent, at least, was clear), A few funny looks, some serious looks. Ah. Were displays of such vulgar magic unacceptable, even with no risk of sleepers? Well, Galatea supposed things really hadn't changed that much. Which was a bit of a shame.

And some that seemed to know about about her particular... lineage. Everyone seemed on edge. Perhaps some clarification was needed. The Orphan gave a gesture that could have been interpreted as a bow or curtsy.

"I'm not such a beast that I'll disrespect the laws of our kind- otherwise I would've come here as I am now, much as I wanted to, and saved the fuss. And your knowledge of my kin does not automatically create an understanding between us... But thank you. I will keep that in mind. The last thing I would want is to cause alarm in otherwise accepting individuals. Though I am surprised mage society still balks at such displays."

A simple gaze shifting between the faces in the room. Some strange reactions, perhaps deserved, though Not enough to rile her. At least now, hopefully everyone understood that she wasn't so foolish as to obsess over such changes (though they were lodged in her head). She didn't walk around in her truer form scaring the blind humans. And she hadn't given in so fully to some primal force.

"Regardless. I had learned of this meeting, and wished to introduce myself. It is... Comforting to see mages that are just as paranoid and instinctive as the beasts. Many of you share their eyes. Adjusting might not be as difficult as I thought."

It was not meant to be taken as an insult. She had expected the civilized mages to be rather different. She was pleasantly surprised to see otherwise. And a friendly chuckle towards two men that seemed almost... Well, enjoyable.

"And some of you have the friendly nature of more curious beasts. Ah... I have my own place, and I won't say no to company. And I could certainly use a guide around here. It seems I've much to learn about the particulars of this group's mages."

Another chuckle escaped her mouth. This was going to be fun​.

10. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

A hand came up, as though to calm Phoenyx and Kaze. Doing their jobs? Yes. Perhaps too quickly? Maybe.

"You're fine, Talon."

The First summed it up in short order. If the Guardians and this new arrival had conflict, well, Existence never stopped being War. She could handle the conflict, or she couldn't. In the meantime, they had work to do, and if the texts were right, this creature before him was liable to be a powerful martial asset.

"Your Order doesn't much care what you choose to make yourself look like in the safety of this place. We've got a private place for you to stay while you get your bearings. Phoenyx will help you get squared away, if you'd like."

That last was delivered with a glance to the Obrimos, the implied order clear.

"I'd like to speak with you privately in the next couple of days, once you have had the chance to settle in."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's expression does not change as the Orphan of Proteus shifts form quite openly before them. After hurtling through the time stream on an exploding obelisk, the gross changes wrought by gaining massive animal features... did not seem quite so intimidating.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-26 02:46:18 Campy to keep face rolls 4 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 7, 9, 8, 9 3 successes

He deliberately leaned forward, arms resting on his knees as he continued to watch.

"I am glad you find the Circle comfortable enough for you," he added simply.

They would police their own. Buried in his words were a quiet warning. Not that he felt a mage potent enough to have found a teacher and a Legacy would need such warnings.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

13. Likes Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, smiles at Galatea. Having already introduced himself, and feeling glad there's no need for conflict, he stands still and apparently relaxed. First Talon has handed the welcoming role to Phoenyx, and Kaze stands ready to support without cramping her style. He looks interested at Galatea's modifications, noting how it would affect sparring.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread