Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Mable could blush, she would be doing so now. "You are all much to kind. The Circle does feel right to me. That being said, the other covenants also have their merits. If either of you decide not to join the Circle, I will harbor no ill will towards you. I want people to make the choices for what is best for them. That being said, I would love to welcome you both into the Circle with open arms if that ends up being your choice."

She looks at Krieg, "I wouldn't have been able to do all of this if you hadn't been willing to let me, ummm do my thing here. I appreciate that. I was wondering if you could give an overview of the different branches of the Circle so that they could have more information for making decisions?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

"That's a good idea, Mable. I don't even know how many branches there are."

K
    Krieg

"There are eight large factions within the Circle," he answered Elettra. "Acolytes tend to join one and stay with it throughout their Requiem. Thus, sufficient time and consideration should be given. If one does not have an interest, then, that is perfectly acceptable too."

"I prefer not to speak for others. However, due to Mable being so new, I will speak for two. If Thomas wishes to speak of his affiliation, then that is his choice."

"Mable fit the People of the Land like a good pair of shoes. Honoring Nature Herself is a critical component. It is the Earth that sustains all life within it. They tend to be nomadic - as Gangrel themselves frequently tend to be. In their journeys, they learn the dynamics of the environment. Not all, but, the norm is, to reside in rural areas. You can find a few urban dwellers. Nonetheless, all of them hear the Call of the Wild."

He paused for a breath, "Myself, I am of the Second Descent. I am deeply fascinated by the Underworld. It is a consistent theme across all cultures and all ages. Where do souls go when we die?" He paused allowing his audience to consider that question. "It is an answer I seek, and hopefully, be able to share."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

How interesting. Naturally there would be many steps beyond the first one. Derek feels privileged to have glimpsed beyond that as the gathered Kindred speak on these branches the women inquire about.

So Krieg has a macabre streak. No surprise there.

"If there is lay membership, I would prefer to start there if at all. I imagine it would allow for some attendance at traditional events?" Derek asks, embarrassed to drag agianst the progression of the conversation.

5. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded, "Yes indeed. There is The Crone’s Liturgy. It is a ritual of song and storytelling. The passages themselves tell the tale, or in some convocations sing the song, of the Crone’s perseverance through adversity after banishment from the company of the gods. The text has a lyrical quality to it, due to the action reaction nature of the Crone’s life, and many Acolytes have taken to employing the Greek method of call and response when reciting the Liturgy."

"As most passages are fairly long, most Acolytes prefer to limit each recitation to whatever sub-section of the Liturgy is most appropriate to the subject or subjects of the meeting at hand."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas spots an opening, able to speak of his favourite subject: himself. He nods to the Hierophant.

"The group I am a member of is called the Semioticians. And we do not believe the Crone physically exists"

A pause for heavy gazes/nervous laughter/gasps of shock.

"We do, however, place great value in the stories about the Crone. We undergo any tribulation necessary to learn more and, in time, hope to be wise enough to create our own metaphors" He smiles.

"We don't do it for their entertainment value, though. We do it because we believe they hide insights that can't be expressed in plain language. Through study, exposing ourselves to different ways of thinking, we enlighten ourselves and others"

And, because a good catchphrase never hurt anyone:

[Color="#8b4513]"In these stories hide secrets of the gods. If one was to learn them, what'd that make him?"[/color]

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, Hierophant Krieg and Haruspex Boyle for elaborating." Mable smiled at the thoughts of listening to more stories. "I feel that learning from stories or songs is always the best for remembering lessons. And I can't wait to hear more from you both."

"Do you folks have any more questions for now? I do hope we haven't over loaded you on information."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"That was a lot of information at once. It has given me a lot to think about. I appreciate all of you giving your time to explain things a bit farther with us."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Y..yes, same here. It's a lot to think over. And you have my appreciation as well. You've been very hospitable."

He feels stupid for blurting out niceties without anything substantial to say about what they had shared. It's still a vague concept in his mind. And there seems to be much variation in the means of practicing their belief. He honestly can't imagine himself singing songs or telling stories in front of others.

With an embarrassed expression he lowers his head. "I'm afraid I don't have any more questions at present. Though I would be pleased to talk further once I've processed what you've shared so far."

K
    Krieg

"Have no fear," he looked to Elettra and Derek. "We are here to support one another, no matter what choices you make." The Hierophant smiled.

Sensing that the pair were tiring out, he offered to them, "If you are tired and wish to stay the night, you are welcome to do so." He knew that Thomas knew he was always welcome to stay.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.