Ended
Watch

Elettra brings Derek to the Farm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    K
    Krieg

"Yes, yes, yes. First name basis here," his voice arose with a growing enthusiasm, "Under this roof, we are peers and equals." He approached Derek with a grin, "I'm so happy to see you here." Then to Elettra and Thomas "And you two are delightful as always. We are fortunate tonight."

Erebus pawed at the Hierophant's right shoe. Krieg bent down, picking the black kitten up in his large hand. "Be careful, tiny panther." The kitten chirped in response, then set about climbing up his arm to his shoulder. Undeterred, he addressed the congregation of Beasts. "So, is everyone acquainted with each other?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Very well, Thomas it is then!" Elettra is far more comfortable when she doesn't have to worry about formalities. "It was very intriguing what I heard before but, I still would like to learn a little bit more."

Elettra lets out a slight giggle at the sight of such a big man holding a tiny cat. Not a sight she sees every day. "I do believe we are all acquainted with one another."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Cats?

Derek eyes the other Kindred, their interactions intriguing him. The familiarity with animals, the lackadaisical attitudes and formalities. It's highly unfamiliar and Derek isn't sure how he feels about it. Formalities were easy to hide behind, easy to adhere to, like guidelines to follow. He supposes that here he would have to be a bit more fluid in his mannerisms.

"If you're certain..." he says with acceptance. "Krieg. Elettra. Thomas. Mable," he says each name in kind while turning to each one, as if to practice with first names. "I've only really met you and Elettra, Krieg. The rest I know by word of mouth."

He decides to answer Thomas. "I, uh, well, my Sire forbade me from associating with members of the Circle. Though he has retired to the earth and I am free of his influence. I suppose my curiosity is from a rebellious streak. I probably know as much about its teachings as the Ordo, which is to say not much. Krieg has been kind enough to share with me the pursuit of natural cycles between Kindred and Kine. It sounded rather harmonious."

He pauses, looking a bit embarrassed. "I haven't really promised to make any commitments tonight. I hope that's alright that I take my time to learn, but I understand that there will be things you cannot share with me."

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas is positively beaming. He gets that way when people speak about learning around him, especially if he's familiar with the topics of discussion. Like this time.

And so, he turns to Elettra first "I'm sure Krieg and Mable have told you much already, but thousands of years of wisdom are not easily summarized in a couple of nights. Especially when each member of a Circle represents a different tradition and approach to the Crone teachings, as is the case here. Your desire to learn does you credit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask"

Mitnick's uncertainty is met with mirth and a clap of hands "Then not only do we get an opportunity to learn, but also to get to know one another. How fascinating!" There's, however, a frown as he speaks of the tyrannical sire "It's good, then, that you decided to disobey his order. I'm sure it was not an easy thing to do, but such chains exist to be broken" He listens further, thinks for a moment "Ah yes, the cycles and the harmony they bring are an important part of the Circle's views. Creation and destruction. Life and death. Man and Beast. The relation between Time, Mind and Perception. A material as engaging as it is vast"

Again, embarassment is countered with a reassuring smile "I can speak only for myself, but I wouldn't have it any other way! If either of you'd want to... associate with a Covenant, it must be an informed decision, not just a matter of personal charisma. And although you are right that we have secrets, like any other group, we are not ashamed of our beliefs" It's amazing how fast one can shift from first person singular to plural.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Derek, I look forward to getting to know you. And I would never expect you to make a rash or rushed decision. That is not what we are about. And even if you decide that the Crone is not for you," Mable includes Elettra in with a look, "either of you, that is fine with me. I value people for who they are, not who I think they should be. I will think no less of anyone who decided not to join with the Crone. I hope I can continue to enjoy your company in the future no matter what."

Her friendship with Elettra was based on shared values, not on a clan or covenant, she gave her friend a smile. "I will always try to answer any questions with openness and honesty. I mat not always have an answer, but I will try to help where I can."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek shrinks from the attention and excitement that Thomas and Mable bring to his visitation. "I, um...I, uh...I appreciate your understanding. I do hope we'll continue to become more familiar in time."

"So, um, I suppose it's still a little vague for me, this philosophy of natural cycles and such. I get that you use your resources to provide for the Herd, and the Herd provides for we predators. But surely any Kindred understands our dependence on the Kine. Is it only your approach to the Kines' welfare that separates you from the other Covenants? Is this the Tradition you speak of? And what of this Crone and her significance?"

They are so welcoming and he feels very rude to pry, still uncertain which topics are less sensitive to these naturalists. But it seems the only way to find out is to test these waters.

K
    Krieg

Krieg smiled to his fellow Acolytes, and praised them, "Well said, both of you." Erebus had perched on his shoulder, then began trying to examine the inside the Hierophant's ear canal.

"Derek, we are a very diverse group. We share responsibilities and we specialize in different areas. Just as Nature Herself created the predator-prey relationships, we function in much the same manner." He paused as the kitten pawed on his ear lobe. "My doctor here seems to think he can see through the other side."

"When Tradition is kept simple, yet allowed for nuance, it can evolve. That is what has kept the Circle together. It is our willingness to adapt. Our two primary tenets are 'Creation is Power' and 'Tribulation brings Enlightenment.' "
    He paused again allowing that knowledge to sink in.

"There are no complex aristocratic codes of etiquette as one would see among the Invictus. I've heard the joke of 'musical chairs' more than I care to know." He gathered breath to continue, "The Carthian Movement is more fragmented than any of the Covenants. When they do manage to agree on something, it can be a marvelous work or inhumanely disastrous. I say this as I know the truth behind Stalin's Order Number 227 to invade Germany. It's more commonly recognized as "Not a step back!" The Movement lost control over the Beast of Moscow. But, I digress."

The giant slowly sat down. Erebus's tiny, razor-like claws dug into the fabric of his shirt. "When you create something anything, you imbue a piece of your soul into it. You know what your work is because you spent time, effort, and whatever resources into making it. That is Power. You worked for something, you earned it. You are reward by improving your talent, recognized by your peers for your progress. It elevates you in some degree."

Erebus climbed on top of Krieg's head. The Haunt looked up and gave a gentle shake of his head to slide off of his bald scalp to land on his shoulder. "Tribulation brings Enlightenment. What doesn't kill us, makes us grow stronger. In the jungle, this is much more deadly should one fail. However, we, as Kindred, we have many more advantages over Kine than we do flaws. Thus, we are afforded more time to learn and discover new lessons. That is what makes us different. We are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that the Circle survives."

"I've spoken plenty enough for a moment. Mable, Thomas, would you like to speak of the Crone?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

With a warm friendly reassuring smile, "Thank you Mable, as you know I appreciate your patience and understanding. No matter what I choose I know we will remain good friends."

Elettra then sits back and lets the other cat hop on her lap and she pets it as she listens to the others discuss. She doesn’t want to take the focus away from Derek and his questions. It's his time to get to know Mable and Krieg. She's content to just take it all in and will pipe in if she has any added questions, concerns, or someone has any for her.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"With pleasure" Thomas responds to Krieg as the Nosferatu invites him to speak about the Crone. There's a second of silence as he molds the explanation.

"First of all, the Crone wears many faces. To many Acolytes, She is a divine being, the Primordial Creation, the First Blood, that which has created all there is. To others, sometimes called 'Semioticians', the Crone and the tales that speak of her are metaphors for what the Circle teaches. I count myself among their number, but many groups view the Crone in many ways, which in itself is a fascinating subject"

A little product placement never hurt anyone.

"In any case, whether tangible or intangible, the Crone is an ideal. Or rather, three ideals: the Maiden, the Scarlet Woman and the Mother. The Maiden's power lies in denying herself certain experiences to amplify other experiences. She restrains herself to hone her inner strength and improve willpower. Not because the instinct to, say, kill is 'unnatural' or 'sinful', capable of offending an invisible being in the sky, but because this self-imposed tribulation elevates and enlightens us with clarity" He watches the cats play with the people in the room and smiles. Continuing:

"On the other hand, the Scarlet Woman rebels. She transgresses, but her defining merit is the lack of shame in transgression, much like the women who assume the roles expected of men. Florence Nightingale would be a good example. However, it should not be understood as a knee-jerk resistance to authority, rather as being unswayed by the opinions of others. The Scarlet Woman may resist bitterly or accept wholeheartedly, but when she does, it is by her decision. She creates her own system of morals, which gives her power, and exposes herself to tribulation, which brings enlightenmen, Now, Thomas gives those present, especially Elettra and Derek, a look to adjudicate the effects his words have on them.

"Finally, there's the Mother. Mortal motherhood means both toil and nurturing, and it is the same with vampires... except when it is not. As the undead, we can create art, childer, ideas, governments and many other things. This Creation means Power for the Mother, because it influences the word in many ways, and all of that influence eventually traces back to the original creator. Even after you have long moved on, a piece of you can be felt in what you've made. But, creations have to be maintained. Childer have to be taught, sometimes punished and sometimes it is you who gets punished for your creation's transgression, or just because someone doesn't like it. These tribulations enlighten you, just like a mortal mother learns from raising a child"

He is done with most of the lecture, now to sum it up.

"These roles may seem contradictory, but to be frank - so is every vampire's existence. It is up to each Acolyte to find a balance between these lessons - and from harmony, understanding blooms. Unlike some, we do not shy away from the Beast or hunger or the limitations of blood. Shutting them out may seem attractive, but without them, we grow complacent. Vampirism is not a sickness to overcome, but an opportunity to grow. Although, our state can be and is studied with scientific method by myself and others"

And with that, Thomas cedes the floor.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled at the group, "I'm not sure what I can add. You gentlemen covered things beautifully and are both much more knowledgeable than I am. All I can add right now is I feel truly blessed to have been welcomed into the Circle. I am a very simple woman who believes in helping where ever she is needed. This includes helping the earth to continue to prosper."

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.