Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's funny you mention meditation. I have just started working on that. I have started doing some simple yoga poses to help align my mind, body, and beast better. I also go to a boxing club sometimes, but I think that was feeding into my violent side too much so I am going in a different direction." Mable laughs, "I am working on breathing exercises which seems a bit strange. But it gives me a focus so there is that at least."

"I'm glad he wants to learn more. While I would love you both to join us, I understand that each person has to follow their own path. Hopefully that path will align with being Crone. If not, I will still value your friendship."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Smiling big, "That is fantastic! I am glad you're finding something that helps you tame the beast. It's all about trial and error trying to find what's best for oneself."

"Thank you, I am also glad he is wanting to figure out what works best for him. It'd be great if we both choose the same covenant. But, if that doesn’t happen I will understand. And thank you, your friendship already means a lot to me so it's good to know it's not contingent on me joining your covenant. Although, that would be an added perk if I do. Since we are already building a friendship!" Taking a moment to reflect, "Only time will tell. I do need to speak with more people and their covenants. I need to make sure I take the time soon to do that."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Touch of Shadow, 1sux vs Clash of Wills
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-27 23:52:02 Derek Menzies rolls 7 to place Touch of Shadow on knife [WIT+Larceny+Obf] (10 Again) 1, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 9 1 success
    Blush of Life. Brought Equipment: Running Shoes, Smartphone, Knife

Thank goodness for Lyft. Having to walk the beaten trail to get to this farm would've been a pain, let alone make him late. Still, interacting with a Kine and having to sit through the unpleasant drive made it an inconvenience. Still flushed from the semblance of life, Derek strides the remaining distance down the dirt driveway towards the blue lights and the farmhouse beyond.

Anticipating there'd be no wifi, there had been little reason to bring his precious laptop. A smartphone would have to do, though he couldn't imagine a reason to use it either except to schedule a Lyft back to his Haven. He hated using such apps. Broadcasting his location using cellular data had its risks. He could imagine the profile being compiled against his device. Best to avoid using it too often.

Coming within sight of the women, Derek feels the presence of their Beasts, like beams of light cutting through his Shadow. The feeling of exposure and the mingling of anger and fear washing over him. He shivers as if from a cold wind and lets it pass. Crossing the distance he observes them on the porch a moment before raising his hand to wave in greeting. They can clearly see his black hoodie form, jeans and sneakers.

"H..hello, um, ladies. Nice, uh, night we're having. T..thanks for inviting me to visit. I hope I didn't keep you waiting long."

Niceties. Elettra, he believes at least, to be sincere in her concern for Derek's adjustment into the Domain. Even if the sentiment also reeks of naivety. The other, Priscus Wood, is still an unknown. The knife resting in his hoodie pocket is a small comfort.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stands to greet her newest guest. "Welcome, It's a pleasure to have you here at the farm. You can call me Mable. Do you mind if I call you Derek? Or would you prefer to remain formal?"

Since the porch is just a small one, Mable knob. "Shall we head inside? If Krieg hasn't come upstairs yet I'll go get him."

T
    Thomas Boyle

The Temple has its advantages when it comes to location, sure, but there's certain... serenity to the Farm that simply cannot be replaced with anything else. Feeling it's been some time since he's visited Thomas decides to pop in to say hello, maybe meditate for a while. He uses public transport as far as it can get him, and walks the rest of the way. Kindred may be urban creatures, but everyone should be able to enjoy the stars and wilder nature from time to time.

Approaching the outside of the house, Thomas notices the Den Mother, Mable, first - her Beast challenging his own for this lair, even if the Lord's conscious mind knows the Farm is a shared haven. Then, there are the two Shadows - weak, inconsequential Monsters that'd be of use only on a sacrificial altar, and... No.

Sacred hospitality, remember?

"Mable, how good to see you! Ms. Vitale, Mr. Mitnick, welcome! What brings you here tonight?"

As far as he knows, both Mekhet remain outside of Covenants. Could it be that they are here to learn of the Circle's teachings? Thomas straightens his dark suit and makes his way to the porch.

K
    Krieg

The heavy footfalls of the giant could be heard coming up the steps. "Fortune smiles upon this sacred land," he greeted. "Come in everyone," he gestured with his large arms. "Welcome Elettra, Derek and Thomas. Welcome, welcome, welcome. I trust everyone is doing well, yes?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

With a warm genuine smile, "Good evening Derek! It's so good to see you again."

Elettra follows Mable and motions to Derek that it is ok to come inside that there's nothing to worry about. Hoping that will ease his nerves a bit.

"Hello, Mr. Boyle. It's very nice to see you again. However, no need to call me Ms. Vitale. You can call me Elettra if you're comfortable with that. I am not one for formalities." He seems to be the type to be eager to help. "I have been here previously to meet with Krieg and Mable to learn about the Circle of the Crone. So, I offered to Derek to come with so he could meet them as well."

Hearing those load footsteps it could only mean one person, Krieg. A bigger smile crept onto her face for a brief moment there was just something about him that she really liked. Elettra hopes no one else had noticed. "Thank you, Krieg! I am doing quite well. I hope you are also!"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

"Derek is fine here," he replies to Mable with a tiny shrug and forced smile. As if he would force formalities upon his hostess, let alone a fearsome predator.

Derek turns at the detection of the other predator's taint in their midst and turns to see a familiar face. "Oh, uh, Mr...umm, Boyle, wasn't it? Just, uh, just opening my mind to new...experiences."

The meek Shadow follows Elettra and Mable inside at their beckoning and then notices Krieg's entrance. "Priscus Krieg, th..thank you. And, uh, thanks to you all for the invitation. I, uh, suppose everyone is more comfortable with a first-name basis?"

Forgot to add Blush expenditure with first post

T
    Thomas Boyle

Thomas heard Krieg before he saw him. The loud, measured thuds of boots hitting wood. He smiles at the sight of the shadowed hulk "Hello, Krieg. I am very well. Keeping busy, as you know"

Despite being the Priscus of an ever-growing clan, Elettra seems as down-to-earth as ever. Which suits Thomas fine "Very well, Elettra. I think Derek is right, first names will serve us best here. After all, this is not Court or the First Estate's halls of power. And rigid hierarchy is not the way of the Circle"

He pauses for a moment, looking for the Farm's kittens "And I take it that you liked what you heard if you decided to visit again" Well, first the Shadow Priscus and now Derek? The Circle is on a recruitment spree, it seems "Pleased to hear that. The Circle in general, and this one in particular, is extremely diverse, I dare say - more so than any other Covenant" He then shifts his attention to Derek "New experiences? I wonder - how new? Have you had any contact with the Crone's teachings?" This is going to be interesting. The Acolytes run the gamut from raving maniacs to noble hermits, one may only guess what kind resides in each city.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thomas, It is truly wonderful to see you again. Welcome friends." Mable says warmly. Mable glances over towards the sofa where two little fluffy heads appear, yawning and stretching. "Please everyone make your selves comfortable at the table."

While everyone gets seated Mable refills the cat food dishes in hopes of distracting the boys for a few minutes. "Please be aware, the cats are now into untying shoes. I wouldn't want anyone to trip." She smiles at the room full of people. Her heart feeling full of joy at the sight.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.