Watch

Roam

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Blink. Did she not know?

"I am the head of the Ordo Dracul. And yes, I am willing to sit down and talk about the Order. There's a lot a scientific mind can take from it. What do you want to know?"

She glanced over at Elettra, curious about her. Was she really this nice, even above the raw ambition that had first drawn Moretti's attention? The wind whipped through her hair, getting the brown locks flying behind her as she zoomed into the first lane.

"As for investigations... yeah, I've got all kinds of time for someone who's got a skill set. Not every investigator needs to be a fighter. It takes all kinds. Nerds. People who want to do investigations. Fighters. Socialites. Every case needs a different toolset, and having the right people to do the smart thing to get the case closed is key."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"I apologize if that offended you that I hadn't known you're the head of Ordo Dracul." So many names and titles it's so hard to keep track. She even keeps a list as she meets people somehow this must have gotten missed. Towards Lina's statement about a scientific mind, "There is? That can be quite interesting. The Circle of the Crone appeals to my nurturing side with wanting to help all living things and how we all need to find a balance. But, I obviously have a passion for science as well. Honestly, besides the stereotypes of covenants, I don’t know much. Unfortunately, my sire didn’t find importance with covenants. Now that I am on my own I want to find out for myself what is best for me."

"That's good to hear. I hope you'll keep in mind if something pops up where you can use my skill sets." Realizing she hasn’t really taken the opportunity to ask Lina about herself, "May I ask what made you get into the PI business as a mortal and what kept your interest in that line of work during your unlife? Obviously, if it's too personal I understand."

L
    Lina Moretti

"God, no. Just... surprised." She let that sit a moment before giving a somewhat awkward laugh. But when she described the Circle of the Crone that way... she slowed down a little. "Um... my Sire is Crone. And she's a fucking monster, almost entirely lost to their sorcerous rituals. Whatever line you're being pitched... I hope you're not buying into some BS line that it's all Elton John singing The Circle of Life around a campfire. Because I promise you. It isn't. It's a blood cult. And I'm not saying that's a problem, but it sure as hell isn't nice."

Seriously? The Crone, stroking her nurturing side? Helping all living things? What the fuck was Krieg trying to sell? Or was it Wood? She didn't believe that Kindred had to be nice people, and many Crone weren't psychopaths, but to suggest that it was vampire kumbayah to lure in the uninitiated?

With a sigh, Moretti said, "My Covenant, in short, is an academic order dedicated to experimentation that overcomes limitations of the Kindred form. Easy demonstration? Those little signs of life that humans have? I have them. I always will, even if I become a monster myself. You don't. Few people do. Overcoming frenzy, hunger, Torpor - this is just a taste of what we can do. It's hard as hell. Dangerous. But the results are worth it. As for the PI thing? It's valid cover for the kinds of work I do as a Kindred. Plus, money."

E
    Elettra Vitale

With a sigh of relief, "Oh good!" Listening closely to what Lina had to say, "Yikes, that is quite different than what they were painting it out to be. That is exactly why I am wanting to take my time with this. I want to do my research meeting with the covenants and on my own."

This makes it hard to realize just who one can trust or can any vampire really be truly trusted?

"That is intriguing, to say the least. I can see how your covenant would appeal to my background in science. You mentioned experimentations, what exactly does that mean?" There's an edge of excitement in her voice as she asks.

L
    Lina Moretti

"It is possible different chapters of their organization do different things. I am not an expert in the Circle of the Crone. However... understand it is less pure and nice than it may be being made to look." She frowned. "I'm not sure anything is as pure and nice as Mable thinks it is, to be frank."

The Gangrel was endlessly happy, useful, and prone to violence. It was an odd combination, but one Lina could work with - especially if Mable was working as a means of overcoming her recent scandal.

"As for us... well, I can't get into the exact particular methods, but suffice it to say our experimentation involves doing things that would provoke the very issues we are seeking to overcome. So if I want to learn about Frenzy? I'm going to have to push it. Taunt the Beast. Ride the Wave some, in controlled experiments. Play with fire. Get close to sunlight. It's about incrementally pushing your mind, body and soul to be able to change and overcome the stagnation that being a Lick brings. It's not easy. And it can kill you if done sloppily and without appropriate guidance on methods. But... it's pretty awesome when you succeed. And we've got a good crew."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"I appreciate the heads up on that. I assumed as much. I mean, we all have a constant battle with our inner beasts and it is in our nature that we are not pure nor nice. I know we all do our best to rise above our restraints. Some of us succeed more than others."

"That sounds quite fascinating. Granted it sounds like your methods are taking things to the extreme end but, I have always found it important to push one's self above and beyond one's comfort zone to overcome personal boundaries. I can see and understand how it can work for us or if done improperly kill us." Taking a few moments to reflect on what was already spoken about Ordo Dracul. There is much for Elettra to consider with this covenant. "Are there any other significant beliefs your covenant stands for that I should know about?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina let the Crone thing go, for the moment. She wasn't here to rag on Krieg's efforts or Mable's overly cheery demeanor. It was simply a warning, one young Kindred to another, that when things seemed nicest, they probably weren't. The thought felt paranoid. But then, when wasn't paranoia in bloom in the Danse?

"We're all about change, Elettra. Transcendence. All that we are is preparation for all that we can become. Our condition is one of stagnation. But... we can change. And we should, always for the better."

She grinned.

"It's dangerous, but... it's basically the Kindred version of committing to the gym. You gotta hurt to get where you want to go. It's not for everyone, but I've got some great guys working with me. I'm sure you've met them. Atticus, Nap and Blackbird? Got a new guy just onboarding, too."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"That makes a lot of sense. And such change is understandably dangerous and in the end, I am sure it is well worth the process." Letting it all sink in, "Is there some sort of an initiation type thing to go through if one wants to join the covenant?"

Elettra appreciates how straight forward and direct Lina is.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina nodded, switching lanes and taking a moment to just enjoy the whipping of the wind through her hair as it blew behind her and the little lines of the road flew past in a blur. "There is a lot to learn, to be sure... and it is less an initiation and more things that would need to be learned."

She glanced over at the young Shadow, curious. What was she after?

"What are you looking for, Elettra Vitale? Surely there's more going on than 'I'm new and I want to be useful,' because that only goes for as long as it needs to until you prove yourself."

The cigarette went out, and she idly flicked the butt out the window before reaching for another. Apparently, on her off time, Lina Moretti sometimes was a bit of a chain-smoker.

E
    Elettra Vitale

"That is good to know and gives me much to think about and weigh over for myself. I think Ordo Dracul may be a good fit for me. But I need some more time to think it over."

Lina is getting right down to it. She's asking a tough question. Lina seems like someone she can trust, so she decides to open up a bit more to her. "I am looking for security and for some guidance in this world of ours. I am still but a child really. I lost my sire shortly after turning so I was only able to learn the basics."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.