Ended
Watch

Roam

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

American muscle pulled up to the curb across the street from the Nox, with the driver's side window rolled down. Lina Moretti sat within, the red ember at the end of her cigarette burning as she inhaled, letting smoke trail out the open frame as she blew it out. One arm rested out the window, tapping gently to the beat of some electronic music.

Here she would wait for the Priscus of Shadows to arrive - though with how fast Elettra said she could have made it, perhaps Vitale was really the one waiting.
    Melissa

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra parked her SUV down the street from the Nox within a quick walking distance. She sat for a few moments preparing herself for being in such close proximity with a beast stronger than hers. And for it to be Sheriff Moretti at that. From the few moments she herself has had with the Sheriff and from what she's heard from other's Elettra has great respect for her. Curiosity quite high for what this social call is about. She hurries on to the Nox and finds the Sheriff in her car with a cigarette in hand. Elettra walks to the passenger side and lets herself in.

With a friendly smile, "Good evening, Sheriff Moretti."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Hi. Buckle up."

She gives just enough time to get that done before she enters traffic. She'd done enough of these kinds of drives to have a sense of the route she liked - get onto the highway, get some speed going, get the wind whipping through her hair, have a chat. It was fun.

"Lina's fine in here, unless you desperately want to stand on formality. I'm not Invictus. Thanks for coming so quick. I figured you'd need more time."

She grinned, offering a cigarette from the little box with one hand whilst driving with the other. Her own lit stick was clenched lightly between her teeth.

"Old habits die hard, and every PI I knew when I was mortal smoked like a fuckin' chimney. How's getting settled in going? You seized control of your Family right quick, so I'm getting the sense it's going pretty well?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

She buckles up as Lina says and then they were off. Elettra enjoys a good drive herself, so this was a nice way to get a chat in with someone.

"Lina it is then, I am not one for formalities either. You can call me Elettra or Elle if you'd like. I only do it for respect toward others until they tell me otherwise. You're welcome, I was out and about anyways trying to familiarize myself with the city. I happened to be nearby so it was easy to get here quickly. I know you can be a pretty busy woman and wouldn’t want to waste your time waiting on me if you didn’t have to."

She waved her hand at the offer of a cigarette. In life, she was a bit of a health nut due to her profession.

"It's interesting how some of our habits good or bad stick with us in unlife. I've settled in quite nicely so far. I am liking it here quite nicely. Your senses are correct. I saw the opportunity to take the position so I did. I trusted myself over the newcomers. I didn't what to find the leadership of my family to fall into the wrong hands." Speaking of her family, now is a good time to ask, "Have you had the chance to get acquainted with Derek and Adam? I will be having our first family meeting soon and hoping to further drive the importance of being productive within the domain."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina put away the cigarette box and drove with one hand on the wheel. The other aimed the smoke out the window.

"I appreciate the consideration."

She glanced over as Elettra got right down to it. Trusting herself more than the newcomers. Yep. She knew how that went. "You don't fuck around. I like that. It's an uncommon trait. Lot of folks would have dithered or found some way to try to quote-unquote 'be fair about it'. Like with Praxis, the most powerful tend to rise to the top of Clans, of Covenants." The top did not necessarily mean the position of Priscus - but in the Clan of Shadows, it certainly did. What power constituted depended entirely on the contest. In Vitale's case? Sheer audacity was power.

"I know Mitnick. Hell, I helped him name himself." She chuckled. "He's an all right guy. Wants to help out, but I get the sense he's a competitor behind the awkward facade. Probably a better ally than an enemy, no doubt. He might make a good Whip one day - but I'm no expert on what Mekhet value in a Whip. As for Exlibrist, I've only just briefly met him. I actually need to talk to him..." The Regent recalled inquiries about a location within her territory. There was a negotiation to be done.

"What's your definition of productive, Elettra? For yourself, especially?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

With Lina's compliment, Elettra smiled a little with pride. She had wondered what the other domain officials thought of her just taking the position. She's glad to find the ones she's talked to so far have respected it. "As an Italian-American family always meant EVERYTHING. I guess that is another thing that has followed me to my unlife. Now my Mekhet family means everything to me and I will do what I can to better it."

Grinning, "Ah, is that how he came up with it?! I wondered that. When I was acknowledging him, he was just Mr. Shadow and then the next time I chatted it was Mitnick. Yeah, he seems like a decent guy. His nervousness made me a bit nervous. I was worried he was using it to hide something in some way. But, the more I talked to him during our one on one the more he relaxed and the less nervous he seemed."

Taking a moment to think about Adam, "Exlibrist seems to only have one thing on his mind right now and that's his churches house? I cannot recall the name of it. He seems to be big on following the laws, which is a plus. He even went so far as to test me a little at his acknowledgment by asking me what the price for it was." She shakes her head at that last part.

"Well, to me being a productive member of the domain. First, obliviously obeying our laws. Second, keeping an eye out to make sure others are following the laws. If I see someone breaking them I would do what I can to stop them if it is out of my hands I'd report it to you or one of your deputies right away. Third, being active within the domain to find ways to strengthen our foothold within Sacramento. Fourth and last, to help protect the domain from any outside threats." Out of curiosity, "How about you, what would be your definition if I may ask?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina chuckled at her earnestness. A jaded part of Moretti considered that the Unaligned had little other choice than to cleave to family lines. "Sure. You're not a member of a Covenant, so I suppose that makes sense. We take our allies where we can."

She heard the words about the priest and the hacker, but didn't engage them deeply. The Sheriff was more interested in the Priscus of Shadow's idea of what productivity meant. A half-smile flashed around the cigarette as she took a long drag and considered the question at the end.

"What you've just defined is what I would expect of any neonate who swore the Oath to Alessandra. Be lawful. Report illegal activity. Enhance your power base and make it available should the authorities require it." It wasn't complex, but it was fair.

"My definition is different: advance my Covenant's interest by developing a strong alliance with the Praxis. Overcome the Curse of our condition. Ensure public safety so that the first two things are possible. It is all a matter of perspective, I suppose. Base needs first. Then enlightenment may follow."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"For right now, I am unaligned. But, I am hoping for that to change. I am slowly making rounds to the different covenants here to learn more about each one before I make a choice. I want to make sure I choose the one that is best suited for me and I for them. So far I have visited with Wood and Krieg at the farm."

Listening intently to Lina on what her definition is, "That is a very good point. My line of thinking may be too small of focus where that is concerned. I'm sure that's where my young age plays a role. The Prince helped me find a mentor to help me develop better as Priscus. Maybe, it would be wise of me to find someone who could help me in this area as well? I want to continue to learn and grow in order to be a valued member here."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Ah, yes. Did you enjoy your visit to the Farm, Priscus? It's a nice place. Peaceful." A wry half-smile flashed, but there was a haunted look in her eyes. It faded when she said that she'd found a mentor to grow as a Priscus. Right. She remembered. She'd heard some snippet of conversation about Mable acting as a mentor at the New Year's Court. "Good that you're looking for help, but I'm afraid your mentor has challenges with her temper. Violated Elysium recently, you see. I'd take what you advice you can, but those are footsteps I would follow with caution."

Mable Wood had gotten off super light for breaching Elysium and fucking Lina's Deputy up. She hadn't forgotten. Time and further good deeds would cure that. Blood for blood. Being fair, Lina knew that few people had a Dragon's sort of control of their Beasts, but Elysium was one of the few, sacred things that kept their society marching forward in an orderly, civilized fashion - which was literally the whole point of supporting the Invictus in their government. One couldn't have the system coming apart.

"Best bet to becoming valued? Find the right patron. You get someone speaking in your corner for doing good work for them, that's a quick way to rise. You've already got a great position. Now it's about establishing the supporting connections to let you make it stronger for yourself. You need people. We all do." She smiled at the young nurse. It was remarkable how human she looked, like the ravages of the vampiric condition outwardly did not affect her at all (save for the screaming of the Beast that threatened to crush Elettra just for existing). "Working with the powers that be helps, too. That's what Krieg did, coming to work for me. Now, we solve problems together. He helps me enforce the law, I make sure he gets good things spoken about him so he rises and gets good things. It's just simple math. Tit for tat."

There was a part of her that remembered a conversation with her own new Priscus.

"There's Covenants, too. My guys are all dedicated to pushing themselves past the limits that the vampiric condition puts on us, and in that tough effort, we found our people. A beautiful Chapterhouse, great territory and a good spot to do what we do. And we're not the only ones. Obviously, the First Estate runs the politics of this town. They're rich, and entrenched. The Elders of this Domain are Invictus. And I know Krieg's guys have the benefit of his territory, too. There's good options. Just depends on what you're looking to accomplish. What you're into. Covenant choice is super personal."

She shrugged, turning them onto a highway onramp and revving up the powerful engine.

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Yes, I did. It is peaceful out there very different than the city life that I am used to. I am not sure I could live out there but, visiting it to get away every once in a while isn't bad." Taking in what Lina had to say about Mable, "Ah yes, she did mention that her emotions and temper can get the best of her at times and that she is working on improving in that area. However, she did not mention that she broke Elysium though. That is something I wouldn’t have expected from her and is very unfortunate. I appreciate the heads up." Elettra is not taking the new lightly, she may have to rethink her choices.

"That is good advice. I am trying to make my way around to meet the officials here in order to try and offer my help. That was one of the reasons why I was wanting to talk to you. I am not much for hand to hand combat and have very little experience with guns. However, if you ever find yourself need a hand with investigative work, aura readings, or the spirits touch I am pretty good at those." Hoping she could be of some good use for the Sheriff.

"If you don’t mind me asking which covenant do you belong to? I apologize if you've told me before. I am still trying to keep everyone sorted. Would the leader of yours be willing to sit down and talk about the covenant? I am trying to learn as much as I can before I decide. I am not taking this choice lightly."

As the engine roared to life as Lina drove onto the highway, Elettra smiled with contentment. There's just something about being on the open road in a muscle car that feels freeing. The only the that could top it is riding on a motorcycle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.