Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1901) Seneschal and Prosper

THREADID
Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled back at Garrett then looked back to Vivian, "Yes, the Seneschal has many talents. While she is wonderful with style and fashion, she also is very good with guidance and advice. I believe she will be a wonderful contact for you." Mable truly wanted people to prosper (pun intended), especially her Clan.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

OOC: I'll wait for Selena due to accidentally engaging the conversation in the main thread, whoops!

V
    Vivian York

"Thank you for the compliment." The Daeva nodded to Mable, although what sort of contact he would be to her would unveil itself eventually.

Garret was German, still preserving his dialect and his language. In the America's, it seemed many tried not to do such things. But she grinned at hearing his voice and his greeting. She didn't think she was such a mover and shaker, but there were some things she wanted to move and shake

Vivian chuckled deeply. "The art of Salon. Now Mr. Prosper, that entirely depends on the type of Salon that you are inquiring about." She winked at the charming Savage. "What sort of recreational things interest you or engage you for entertainment."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a bow of her head at the thank you. She then waited to hear Garrett's answer.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Well, there is something to be said about a glorious mane," Garrett laughed, taking a second to pick up on the pun, "What do I do for fun? One could say I have an unhealthy obsession with the march of time and novel experience. I love moving among circles of various minds, picking up on cultural shifts and technological advancements and learning what I cannot in isolation. I guess you could call me a geek that drinks too much," he admits, grinning.

"May I ask what inspires you to rise each evening, Frau Seneschal?" he looks to Mable, "You as well, Priscus Wood: we never did get into private details beyond an exchange of resumes. It would be a missed opportunity to leave you out of this topic."

V
    Vivian York

It was a good thing she asked about the Salon, because Vivian thought that he wanted information of a tavern or gentleman's club. "Oh, yes, this is the time of year to establish connections so that you can have a private stylist long after hours. The first Winter I was in Sacramento, I began going to Images Salon and Spa. I tipped them rather well, and slid notes inside the tip with my phone number stating what I needed. There were men at the Salon as well so whatever your comfortable with, and a properly worded note would do wonders." It was something odd that she never really gave much thought of previously, having visits to the salons. They didn't really need their hair cut often considering they were frozen in time...

Another bookish Kindred, there were many, yet a Savage could be one as well. "I learn from experiences myself. I am not quite bookish for the most part, although I keep up with the news and scientific finds. I enjoy Elon Musk's take on furthering our transportation, just for an example."

"As far as a drinking, there is Smoke and Glass which is a new tavern in town. They have a full humidor in the basement from what I hear..." She smiles with a think. "There's also the Shady Lady Saloon that I enjoy, the Reverence and the Nox of course." Floating her hand above to indicate the nightclub on the main level.

Now there was a question. One she'd never had before, and she laughed a little. "That is a new one for me, Mr. Prosper, I quite like it." From her face, her answer had already been formed as soon as the enthralling man asked. "Sex, sex inspires me to rise, id I'm being honest." The Daeva stated with a blunt and wild expression on her face. "Sure, there are other things like spending time with friends and the lot, drinking blood, playing with my food. That sort of thing."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable let out a louder than meant laugh at Vivian's answer. "I must say, sex is a great motivator. Great sex that is. But that usually gets me back in bed. But seriously, I am slightly obsessed with environmental issues and now the farm. I am a very simple woman. I care deeply and passionately about the environment, family, and helping others."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett covered his mouth as he chuckles, "Thank you, Seneschal York; it is not often I receive a grooming recommendation, despite being a Savage. I must admit I wake up a terrifying mess, and a midnight barber is usually by my own hand."

He shakes his head in mirth, hiding the embarrassment of her open sexuality. He had been friends with Flappers, sure, but the echos of class division and overbearing conservative aristocracy was as static as the rest of the Kindred's state. He never would have considered himself a prude: gender roles held no meaning to a corpse, or an intellectual. It was almost an annoying neural tick at this point.

"I, uh, was indeed wondering if you would suggest any social clubs focused around philosophical debate and innovation. I figured by your own interests you would not be found in a stuffy university office or a board room of old men who do not remember what dancing feels like unless they are paying for it."

He nods at Mable, "Conservation is often ignored in favour of short term gains, for the next generation to inherit the problem. It is important for governments to enact sanctions on companies which otherwise exist to meet a bottom line. Have you ever involved yourself with lobbyists? It should not be foreign to the First Estate."

Closed Thread