Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1901) A Friendly Warning

Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina held the door to her office open for the Harpy, closing it behind them once the Harpy entered. Using her phone, she turned on white noise, loud enough to complicate the lives of anyone listening in with Heightened Senses, for sure.

Quietly, she said, "I've got information for you that might save you trouble and loss of political face, but it's significant enough it's worth Prestation. I say a trivial boon is reasonable for its significance. For reference, it relates to the standing of Priscus Wood within Court."

She put her hands on her hips, curious to know if the Harpy was interested.
    Matrixchild

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca stepped in, watched the door close, then saw Lina put the white noise on. This seemed more serious than Rebecca had expected. Rebecca smirked. "If this came from someone other than you I might not have even entertained the idea of a boon for unknown information. But since it is coming from you I'll accept. What should I be concerned about?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"The information isn't unknown. I told you what it's about. But tell you what. If you think you're getting ripped off, you feel free to say so after and we'll talk about it, okay?"

Lina gave a shrug. Plainly, she wasn't concerned. She knew what she had.

"You're walking into a minefield by publicly endorsing Wood for Keeper. You're aware of the fact that she just violated Elysium. But what you're not aware of is this. You remember last month when we were chatting with the Prince at Court? You walked away to acknowledge a guy, and I kept talking to Her Majesty. She asked me who I liked for Keeper, and I put Mable's name out there. Alessandra was trying to keep her mask up, but I could tell. She was disappointed and irritated with her Priscus. Between you and me? Plainly, there's something more going on there. My recommendation? I'd be super careful about how loud I am in supporting Priscus Wood for Domain positions, because if she falls... what does that mean for the social queen that publicly backed her?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca listened to Lina lay out what she knew and Rebecca stood silent for a moment, thinking. "This information was absolutely worthy of a trivial boon." In fact Rebecca felt like she must have gotten a 'friend' discount. "For as long as I've been here Priscus Wood and Her Majesty have been on good terms. I'm curious what could have possibly come between them. And you are correct about her violation of Elysium, though I am a sucker for a redemption story," she said with a slight smile. "I may just heed your advice and refrain from additional public endorsements, at least until I do some investigation of my own. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Sheriff Moretti." It seemed the Dragon was always looking out for Rebecca. Truly a fruitful alliance.

L
    Lina Moretti

"I am pleased that my information is worthy of my reputation, and look forward to hearing you share that my information is good with others." Give information to your friend for cheap, so they can refer others to you as a reliable source. That's how you build a clientele above and beyond your own power base. "Feel free to note it in your log at your convenience. Personally, I'd be a stickler for this stuff. Redemption stories don't happen until they happen. Elysium isn't a fucking joke."

She shot the Harpy a wink.

"Remember. You set the tone. Make sure you're setting the one you want. Shall we?"

She turned off the white noise and gestured toward the door, suggesting they were done with the secret stuff for the moment.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca smiled again. "Of course. It's important that the domain know of your information gathering skills." She did feel a little like she was getting a lesson from the athletic looking woman, which was a strange reversal of her usual position. The mentor being mentored as it were. "But I'll certainly keep that in mind. And thank you again," she said, bowing her head slightly and then heading through the open door, a friendly smile still on her face.

Rebecca returns to the main thread.

L
    Lina Moretti

"You're very welcome, Harpy."

With a flash of an amused smile, Lina went forth and returned to this most busy of Courts.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.