Ended
Watch

What the Water Gave Me

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Atticus James

"Aight, your loss." Atticus popped open his beer and leaned back into his chair. His feet up on the cooler and his body language relaxed.

As Blackbird scooted off he smiled, wonder what the reaction would be if it was just a pizza guy or something at the wrong house. Garrett's reaction would be equally entertaining, he had no doubt.

"Evening Garrett, you okay?" Atticus asked with a grin. He knew the effect that a woman like Blackbird had on young men, then again, he had no idea how old Garrett actually is, but still, it is entertaining none the less.

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Evening." Dirt Nap says in cordial greeting to the guest the others seemed to know. To Lina, Dirt Nap says, "I'd suppose possibly the Clan being a little more in tune with Beasts might be why they might get interested in Terror first." he says. "My experiments are getting along pretty well. I could be ready for a Change in a bit, if they keep on working out." he says.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Nap, I'm super curious to hear about your methods and which Coil you are pursuing. I suspect I may have some thoughts to add. We can have that discussion privately if you want to, rather than in public - and I am happy to provide mentorship. The second Chrysalis is easier in some ways than the first in that you will have experienced it and know it internally to be possible, but more challenging in that you are pushing yourself further and further. If you're looking to master your Hunger... well, I remember my discussions with Aaron van Valen. There may be some experiments we can do."

She flashed him a smile. This was so much easier with experienced help. Dirt Nap would benefit from the trails she had to blaze. Then, she turned her attention to their newest arrival.

"Garrett Prosper. Welcome to the Florin Chapterhouse. I hope you'll find yourself very welcome here."

Moretti gestured to the huge, opulent house as she said it. The hot tub and the pool were the least important things about it. There was room for many scholars, and more importantly, enough secret space to do the challenging and dangerous experimentation of their Order in safety.

"Mr. Prosper, this is Supplicant Dirt Nap, also of Clan Gangrel. Please. Join us. I know beer isn't very good coming back up, but it's a comfort to some, if you'd like..."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The effect of her attire on the magnetic newcomer was not lost on Blackbird, causing a slight smirk to dance on her lips as she continued to lead him through the den of Dragons. Per usual, the neonate enjoyed being noticed and the moment served as a reminder of her blessings within the Blood. It was good to be Daeva.

"I am grateful for your compliments, Mr. Prosper," she offered, her voice calm, but possessed by a sense of mirth. The situation proved amusing to say the least, chiefly due to the readability of Garrett's expressions.

Magnetism has its pitfalls it seems.

"However, until I attain rank, I understand I may well need to provide some service," Blackbird affirms, "Should you require anything, I merely ask you bear in mind my capabilities."

By then the pair had reached the yard. As the others began to greet him, Blackbird would offer him a small smile before parting from his side. The others already knew her target. Blackbird felt that she had ignored the hot tub long enough.

Slipping into the bubbling waves, Blackbird would offer a pleased sigh, resting for a moment to take in the sensation before rolling her form to better view the Dragons outside of the tub. Her arms crossed and sitting on the hot tub's edge, Blackbird would rest her chin upon them, peering to her fellow Kindred with her pale gaze. It showed she was engaged. Moreover, it showed she was content with present company.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett held a shit-eating grin when Atticus clearly noticed the young man clearly was looking everywhere else but the Daeva. As Blackbird slipped into the hot tub, he gave a little wave to each of the Kindred.

"I'll live, Atticus," he declared, feigning distress.

At Lina's invite, he took a moment to squint between the hot tub and the choice of seating. He opted to take off his shoes and roll up his joggers before dipping his legs into the hot water; uncouth, but it's not like the dead sweat. He cracked his neck subtly as the Beast hitched his shoulders in protest, positioning himself Lina and the Deputy Savage. They were quite a pair: both looking like their features were chiseled from granite. The man's voice was oddly satisfying to listen to, despite the constant teasing. Dick waving contests was nothing new between predators of similar potency, and the vampire was doing a decent job at keeping things light. Prosper reached for a beer before Atticus took Lina's cue to be charitable on his own terms.

Supplicant 'Dirt Nap'? Garrett met the owlish gaze of his Clansmen. Subtle, but the feeling stuck that Mr. Nap always had an eye on you. Letting them finish their exchange, he got up from his perch to offer a hand, "Your name and title gives me a sense of déjà vu: I had a similar moniker given to me when I had my first Change," he says, tone serious, "I value the opportunity the Grand Wyrm has given me to meet the rest of the enlightened."

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at Lina Moretti's words and question. "Yes, Ma'am, Grand Wyrm Moretti." he says.

"I 'preciate that very much. I am at a point where some of the Clan Discipline and the Coil have been on the same path of development, and I need to make a decision about the best, most effective path, which one first to build the next. I would very much obliged and grateful for some time to get your advice." he says.

Dirt Nap smiles a little at Blackbird's obvious, flaunted pleasure.

At the introduction of Garrett Prosper, Dirt Nap nods again and smiles.

"Nice to see you, Mr. Prosper. Some people are more comfortable calling me, 'Clay'." he says, "That suits me just as well."

A
    Atticus James

Atticus listens to the other Kindred discuss their work and nods along, not much to add. His work was advancing well, and it wouldn't be long until he himself took the next step on his journey.

"Yeah, Nap, I'd be interested to hear which path you plan to go down."

As the Little Bird slides into the water, Atticus finds himself just a tad envious of the of the water. He needed to focus a bit more on the work, and a little less on play. Even though play was a good time.

Atticus hands Garrett his beer, the second one he has lost like this, and then reaches into the cooler and gets another one out.

"Damnit Nap, you never told me that." Atticus smiles to his fellow Terrorizer, "Clay it is then."

L
    Lina Moretti

The Grand Wyrm stripped out of her sweatsuit decisively, sliding into the water with Blackbird with a pleased sigh. Her beer hand, naturally, was above the water. One did not simply leave one's drink to the jets. Her swimsuit was a one-piece in black with stylish cutouts that seemed focused on accentuating that she was ripped. An athlete at heart, Lina Moretti wasn't in the business of dressing to catch the eyes of others - rather, she did it to demonstrate physique for herself.

Frankly, the opinions of others about her physique meant little.

"I don't know why it is that Blackbird and I are the only ones enjoying this tub."

She glanced to Prosper. He had come to the house of hot tubbing.

"So. Proper introductions. I'm Lina Moretti, Scribe of Equilibrium, Grand Wyrm of this Chapter. I am balanced between the study of the Beast and the Soul. I am seeking to drive a wedge between the Beast and the person I once was and create order and distance between myself and my Beast." She smiled. Her dimple showed like it never had until that second Chrysalis. It was going well.

"And you? What brings you here of all places? What path are you walking?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett quietly watches the Grand Wyrm reveal her impressive physique. Despite it not entirely mattering for their kind, the wires finally connect on why the small woman is the Domain's Sheriff. Her arms were obvious at the party, but she clearly was some sort of professional before the Kiss.

His smile falters a bit at Lina's invitation. The legs weren't enough?

Normally any man would be jumping for the chance to lounge in luxurious heat with the two Daeva, and every second made things more awkward than they needed to be. Swallowing his self-consciousness at the exposure to two half-naked women, he takes off the pullover and joggers as casual as can be.

The first obvious mark was the blooming purple scar tissue above his hip, where a bullet had clearly lodged itself once-upon a time. It had not healed in an ideal condition; layers of gouged tissue straining to meet each other from poor stitching. The other was the row of teeth from a dog bite along his shoulder that left dips in the deltoid muscle. Garrett was slight. He had enough muscle left to leave him wirey, but there was not a lot of fat left to go around. It certainly wasn't from any planned method of cutting calories. Another few pounds would have left him gaunt.

As he hoists himself into the water and reaches for his beer, he ponders Lina's question, "I love my country, but my experiences with the Palentine Rite were limiting my growth. I constantly find myself distracted by the activity of the Kine and hoarding resources by manipulating their businesses; preparing for the next disaster." He gestures, bottle in hand,

"Whether it was the Invictus banning our Wyrm Nests or the Circle torching our Chapter Houses because of some perceived slight against their black nature spirits, I found myself never actually focused on the Great Work. Now with the Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands settling in rural communes, I do not think that vile mark on history is going to help our image any time soon." Garrett's attention is a thousand miles away as he sips the beer,

"It has been exactly one year after a century, and I have not moved beyond my initial Change. I regret the experience left me...hesitant. I am here for that spark of inspiration. I will not repeat my mistakes."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's brow perked as Prosper made his way over to her. As he dipped in his feet, the neonate would offer a wry smirk.

So timid, but how far does the meekness go?

As Lina stripped and began her approach, the Bird would right herself, sitting back on her bum to offer her most prominent mentor a greater degree of attention. As the Grand Wyrm slipped in and spoke, Blackbird would offer a nod. Looking to the pair who had yet to join them, she'd focus most of her attention Atticus, granting him a coy expression. Nap had not been informed of the plan to get in the hot tub until after he arrived and so Blackbird refrained from teasing him in turn.

"I agree, Grand Wyrm, the tub is painfully empty," she said not moving her eyes from the Savage Whip.

Then came Lina's formal introduction and her smile, drawing Blackbird's attention back. Briefly, a look of envy crossed the neonate's face at the liveliness of Lina's form, untainted by the influence of her Beast. However, she was quick to mind herself, turning her gaze to the roiling water as Garrett began to discard his clothes and enter. Her eyes eventually found him again and danced across his scars as he spoke his tale. Her eyebrows perked in light interest as she offered a small smile, though it was a colder thing than Lina's. The Grip of the Beast still influenced her expression, but, if her studies meant anything, soon it would not.

In the moments of silence to follow the end of Garrett's store, a look of uncertainty crossed Blackbird's face. Was she supposed to introduce herself as well?

"I am Blackbird, Slave of Chapter House Florin. I have yet to achieve Change, but I am studying aspects of the Soul," she offered, though her tone clearly indicated she was unsure if it was necessary, "It is unfortunate that your studies were stunted... I am certain one of my rank cannot fully comprehend the loss, but I offer my sympathies. You will find the political climate here in Sacramento tamer than most. All covenants appear to be allowed, there is even a Carthian somewhere. It is an Invictus domain, but I believe the Ordo Dracul has proven its value as allies through our contributions to the Domain's defense. We are greater friends to Her Majesty and her status quo than enemies."

There she was, waxing political again. The realization of it soon crossed her face.

"I apologize for the political assessment. You are here on covenant business," she says before glancing to Lina, "It seems Michel has robbed off on me more than I thought."

Her smile was tinged with bitterness at this point, but then the neonate withdrew, emotionally at least, resting her head against the edge of the tub and closing her eyes. The more learned had items to discuss and Blackbird believed there was little she could add that would be of value.

11. Likes Krakenbox, Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.