Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Frank, two things, one - who did they take that matters so much to you? Why are you doing this? And two, where would Nick be going if he made it to this manhole?

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 17:15:02 Richard Price rolls 9 to Question Frank (Man + Per) (10 Again) 7, 10, 8, 10, 1, 6, 1, 4, 6, 2, 7 3 successes

While he spoke he had his hand outstretched towards Fawkes with the palm facing towards the ground, and using a lowering motion. A sign to let him know to keep things chill for the moment. If things popped off, he had the tools to make sure it ended fast - but that wasn’t the route the Ogre wanted to take for the moment.

He didn’t want to run headlong into the Thorns or the Sewers if he didn’t have to so it was about mitigating all the risks he could before pursuing them. Though, was there even any evidence of the Thorn's being entered?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 17:06:27 Richard Price rolls 3 to Is there is a Hedge Gate!?! (Wits + Wyrd) (10 Again) 10, 3, 6, 4 1 success

Selena Was my contract unsuccessful? Just want to know so I can flavor roleplay!

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She could not decipher this Frank person, he was a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there was a key, and that was his affection for this beloved of his. The Fairest can smell it though, the smell of briars and thorns. Could the other man have escaped? If that was the case, was it really smart to take off after him, with so little preparation performed beforehand.
    Did Nick even exist for the matter?

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-21 14:33:16 Titania rolls 4 to Notice the Gate (10 Again) 7, 1, 9, 10, 10, 2 3 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The Elemental's hand mirrors the Summer King's lowering motion. If the Troll wanted to interrogate, so be it.

At the space-cadet's note that his partner in shady dealings had likely fled to the border of madness, Fawkes' jaw sets. He had experience. More than most. Didn't mean he had to like it.

Reaching out with his connection to the Wyrd, he tracks the threads of splitting reality like a bat pinging the cave.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-21 15:08:21 Fawkes rolls 6 to ping the Gate (Wits + Wyrd) (10 Again) 9, 5, 2, 4, 8, 9 3 successes

S
    Selena

They would discover that the Gate was not activated, which meant that Nick probably above.

He looked at Richard with fear and sadness in his eye "Unfortunately, I do not know who I am working for. I was given a task to fulfill in order to save my beloved and Nick was given the same instruction. Nick and I met on similar cross-roads. It's possible, I am. It's possible that I am doing this for someone who is getting back at the Gentry and also knows how to save my beloved from the Fleshmarket." He shook his head mumbling profanity.

"I want to save my beloved from whatever they may be doing to them. I don't know what they'd do, but they were kidnapped while we slept and a foreign ear was left by my door. I don't know who that ear belongs to, but I have it in my pocket. I don't know what good it would do, I doubt it was my beloved's captor."

Then he realized there were two parts to the question, and he composed himself. "If Nick went anywhere, it was either somewhere in this ridiculous park. Or, to an old junk yard we found a few days ago."

My apologies Strong King , it was actually successful!
    For everyone else, I appreciate your patience.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-29 20:10:35 Frank Vow rolls 5 to Comp+Wyrd (10 Again) 5, 6, 5, 7, 1 failure

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie's eyes widen, and her brows raise, at the mention of the errant body part. "A severed ear? In your pocket? Gross, dude!" She shook her head, and looked at Richard. "Sooooooo... what's the game plan? Do we split up and check out both locations? If we freaked Nick out, I'd be surprised if he stuck around the park, though. And what will we do with Frankie Boy here?"

The Beast was clearly eager to go do something besides stand around this hot forge any longer, but she was waiting on the Crimson King to make a decision.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Fawkes, give the guy a shakedown and lets see what ear we are dealing. Sonnie is right about it not being the most sanitary but I gotta say - this whole thing stinks. I think we got ourselves an Oathbreaker. Anything come to mind Frank? I want to know why you are making my nose twitch. And while we are at it - beloved, tell us more, do you have a name? Description? Is there anything we should expect at the junkyard?”

He took in a deep breath and rolled his shoulders as he strode near Frank, and waited for Fawkes to give the man the once over. He wanted to be limber in case he had to put a scarier face on.

”The more I like the answer, the nicer the answer to Sonnie’s question, what are we going to do with you?”

Veiled threat maybe? Only if Frank thought that much, but that was the point.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

On second thought, after having regained her common sense, the more she thought about Frank's story, the more it sounded contrived and somewhat insincere.
    Not to say the man - could he still be called a man - was a liar, but he wasn't giving them the full picture. But again, the world didn't make much sense on average, their own condition was testament to that. She bit her lip in anguish.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes tracks Frank as the Bright One moves away from him. "Thank you," he said absently to her before slowly stepping forward while the group asked the relevant questions.

"Hi Frank. I'm Fawkes. We're here to help you rescue your partner," or object of obsession, he wasn't sure yet. "Do you mind holding up your arms so I can clear you? The faster we do this, the faster we can help. I can also look at that ear and see if I can identify anything special." He was hoping the King's words were enough, as he was clearly more focused on the task to properly church up his search.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-03 09:52:05 Fawkes rolls 8 to get Frank to play along (Manipulation + Persuade + Adroitness) 3, 7, 3, 1, 10, 1, 6, 10 2 successes

If allowed, Fawkes quickly gives the Lost a once-over to check for any weapons or firearms or strange trinkets. He goes the least invasive route of giving Frank fair warning and making requests like lifting his shirt and emptying his pockets instead of manhandling the jumpy creature.

Once/if the ear is produce, the Elemental uses his expanded knowledge to see if he can recognize a token for what it is, or something to be weary of beyond the bizarre act. Another entity could be literally listening in, or gave Frank access to some extra sense.

that shit magic? Or is someone just a dick?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-03 02:13:47 Fawkes rolls 6 to figure out if the ear anything special (Wits + Occult) (10 Again) 1, 9, 3, 8, 3, 9 3 successes

Being more familiar with the entity, he also searches for ques as to what Seeming the man might fall under.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-03 09:57:13 Fawkes rolls 6 to identify Frank's Seeming (Wits + Occult) (10 Again) 3, 8, 7, 6, 4, 2 1 success

It as a lot harder when one was less connected with the Wyrd and didn't carry obvious markers. Oh well: any information was good information. Once that business was over with, he allowed the man the normal amount of distance. Given that Titania fancied herself a doctor, or at least a scientist, he blinked his attention to her. "How is he looking? Do you think he's sick or giving signals like he's been on the run?" If Frank was well taken care of as opposed to drawn thin from the Hedge, it would mean he was more established than one would expect, or had a patron supporting him.

Fawkes is prompting Titania to do a medicine roll to assess Frank's condition

9. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Now that she had gotten over he infatuation for the man and his quest to rescue his loved one, prompted by the Elemental, the Telluric decided to train her clinical gaze over their guest, perhaps a more scientific outlook could shed some light - oh oh oh - over his circumstances.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-04 20:05:26 Titania rolls 6 to Medical Perception - Clarity (10 Again) 2, 4, 8, 7, 3, 6 1 success
    Fame ● (Social Media)

S
    Selena

It was difficult for Titania to discern if Frank had been on the run. He didn't look like he showered in a couple of days, but didn't smell bad.

"I'm being frisked now. Okay." He shrugged and put his arms up in there air, not wanting to fight those who were seemingly being helpful.

The only thing they'd find upon searching him were some iron railroad nails. They were a little rusty as well, but in a plastic thicker ziploc bag for obvious reasons.

"If you find my pride in one of my pockets, let me know." He chuckled, looking down the tunnel and wondering how much time had passed since Nick slipped away. At least he had an idea of where he was going to go.

Fawkes caught a hint that Frank was a Fairest for now.

Page 19 of 20 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.