(Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie glanced around, noting it was just her and Titania now. Half their group had taken off for various reasons. If they were, in fact going to go on an exciting rescue mission, they were going to need help. Chewing on her bottom lip a moment, the Beast came to a decision and pulled out her phone. She stepped away from the Bright One, letting her keep Frank occupied, and dialed a number from a business card she had found tucked in the wine tasting invitations left at the recent Spring Coronation, and leaves a message.

"Uh, hi, Mr. Price," she spoke softly, not wanting Frank to overhear too much and get the wrong idea, "This is Sonnie Wu, one of the emerald club? Um, we got a situation here. I dunno if you want all the details over the phone, but it's our kind of business and it could get messy, and we could use some backup. The summertime kind, I expect. If you could send someone, or more, that'd be real nice. It's just me and Eleanor here. Anyway, we're at this location..." she quickly named the park and her current position in the underground forge, and how to get there. "I can explain everything to whoever comes. Toodles!"

She pocketed her phone again and hoped help would arrive soon as she moved back towards the Fairest and the 'ironsmith.' She didn't interrupt them, but just kept a careful eye on Frank until the possible backup arrived.

@Richard Price Fawkes
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Her phone would notify her of a text message no more then ten minutes later.

”Ms. Wu, expect a summertime breeze shortly

It didn’t take long to get ready, not when there was a duty to be done. Quickly the Ogre had readied himself and figured it may be worthwhile to collect some backup, which just so happened to live in his guest house. Which received a heavy knock on the door

”Fawkes, we have Summer business, be ready in five.”

Rich was practically ready as was. Black t-shirt was tucked into navy blue denim jeans, with a pair of nice shoes. The one regret he had was knowing they had to take the Caddy out, solidifying that he needed to purchase something a little roomier likely down the line. It would have to do for now.

Once Fawkes was ready Rich would have him to the passengers seat and the two would set off to where Sonnie’s location was. He made sure not to park right nearby, knowing he and Fawkes could walk the rest of the way just in case they were to alert something or someone

Soon through the park that made Rich look over his back a few times, and and Fawkes would go, finding the castle, the passage, and eventually hitting pay dirt.

”Sweet butter on toast, these places don’t have a tonne of headroom!”

The Six foot eight Ogre muttered as they grew close enough to be heard, and eventually stumbling upon the pair of Springs.

Just kinda got to the point so we can carry on where we left off!

Rich has his smartphone, and a money clip with $1500 in cash. His Vehicle is parked near the location.

3. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Equipment: smartphone, athletic shoes, a bowie knife, a bag of glass marbles, concealed MAC10, ammunition

Fawkes is slower than Richard. Old habits died hard; looking to shadows and tracking any strange patterns in the stonework. The jacket was odd for the time of year, but Richard just said "Summer Business" and the sub-machine gun needed to go somewhere. He hadn't had time to prep for his new trick.

A loud snort is heard from the mannequin at the colourful language the Summer King chose to employ.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Having received a reply from Rich, Sonnie smiled in relief. The fact that the two Winters had completely abandoned them on this quest had been worrisome, more so now that they were at the point where some real danger was a possibility. Summer was charging to the rescue, however, so she could relax a bit. The Beast could take care of herself, but she was concerned about Titania. The girl had never displayed any combat abilities, and generally less of a survival instinct. Maybe if the Iron Spears did the heavy lifting, she could focus on protecting the Bright One.

That the Summer King himself had come surprised the hell out of Sonnie, causing her to blink slacked-jawed a moment. "Oh! You came yourself! That's really cool! Hi Fawkes!" She waved at the Elemental. Clearing her throat, she walked up to the towering Ogre, craning her neck to look at his face.

"Okay, so quick rundown? Me and Titania here were investigating this park. There'd been rumors online of weird sounds scaring away patrons. We were joined by a couple of the Winter Court, but they both took off for various reasons. Long story short, we traced the sounds and found that someone had robbed the little cafe here in the park. But they only took cold iron items! That was a red flag, amirite?

"So, we tracked the thief to... well, here. Meet Frank!"
    Shegestured at the figure Titania was currently holding hands with, "He and a dude named Nicholas have been stealing all the cold iron they can find and destroying it here in this, ah, forge. Nick isn't here. Apparently he freaked out and ran when he heard us coming in. Frank says they've been put up to this by persons unknown, who are holding their loved ones hostage.

"Providing he's telling the truth, a rescue mission could be on the table. And we might find out who's behind all this in the process. Who'd want to deny our freehold access to cold iron? That definitely doesn't sound like they want the best for us. Anyway, since the Brit and I are low on numbers, I decided to call in some help and... well, you know that part!"

The monkey girl leaned on her staff and shrugged to the Iron King. "Aaaaaand that's it. Any questions, sir?"

6. Likes , Krakenbox liked this post

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

(Contract: O&P - Clause 2)Glamour 1 Spent

”All hands on deck, Ms. Wu. You said you needed hands so I didn’t want to risk anything by not bringing everyone I could find.”

He was not going to simply push aside that there may have been danger, and not allow the Spring courtier to handle it herself if it came to it. They were a community afterall and had to support one another. It was at this time that he took in the information that Sonnie had given him, while eyeing up the person they had in custody.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-17 02:58:39 Richard Price rolls 6 to Smell if Frank is an Oath breaker (Wits + Wyrd + WP vs Comp + Wyrd) (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 10, 7, 2, 4, 6, 4 1 success

He motioned Sonnie to the side to speak in hushed whispers so not to be heard easily.

”Are both suspects confirmed as Lost? Or do we have an ensorcelled situation, or worse, neither?”

He mused for a moment, were they dealing with their kind and the magic that came with it? Pawns? Fools?

”And what loved ones were taken?”

Get a hostage count if there was one, get names to put to faces, and make sure that when facts started coming in their ‘loved ones’ weren’t some cruel ‘Lings putting the Glamour to them to make what seemed like love.

”And did they say denying? Or are they weaponizing? Do you either of you have rapport? I can step in if needed but I don’t want to tear down anything you guys have built.”

He stopped for a moment and looked at things as they stood.

”You’ve done a great job so far, Sonnie.”

He offered her a genuine smile

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie beamed at the compliment. When brought aside to speak more softly, she nodded to Rich, happy to bring him and Fawkes up to speed as quickly as possible.

"Frank is, I'm pretty certain. He's got no mantle that I can tell, but his face has this shimmery thing going on, and his teeth are awfully sharp for a normie. Also, he knows about the Gentry already.

"I can't speak for Nicholas. He was gone when we got here. Frank is worried about him being outside, though. I'm not sure if it's concern for Nick himself, or if he's worried Nick running off will risk their loved ones. I don't think they started out working together. From what I gathered, they were blackmailed into this separately and they met up during their work.

"Frank said his beloved is being held at a fleshmarket. We'd have to ask him for more details."

The Beast mentally reviewed everything she could recall Frank saying previously. Thankfully it was only minutes ago.

"Dispose. Frank said they were disposing of the cold iron." She looked at the fiery forge, "I dunno about metallurgy, but I guess cold iron is just plain iron once you melt it."

Her gaze shifted towards Frank and Titania, "Well, Starlight there seems to be convinced Frank is a victim of circumstance. I doubt he trusts us much at all, but he seems kinda resigned to being caught. Maybe he hopes we can help? If I was him, I wouldn't trust the blackmailers to keep their word about the safety of my beloved."

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes returns the Emerald Beast's friendly wave with a casual two-fingered salute. "Hey Sonnie."

As she explains the situation in surprisingly satisfying detail, he nods, "Good report."

The torrent that was scraping inside the mannequin's mind doesn't show on the surface, but the mention of destroying cold iron as a favour in exchange for someone who was captured meant a very specific situation.

Cold cobalt eyes click to her partner as she fawns over the man with the carved face.

"Hi Lady Titania. Please stop touching the Loyalist," he says flatly. His hand slowly drifts to the concealed firearm, his function setting into motion as his expression glazes.

11. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Loyalist?", she thought aloud while jumping back. Surely that must have been a misunderstanding, but when in doubt, better be safe than sorry. She backed away from the man, her gaze shifting between him and the two bossy Summers. "Loyalty to love. I'm sure that's what Mr. Frank is about"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

13. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    S
    Selena

Frank sighed loudly, it wasn't at the Changelings or the newer ones who arrived but more so at himself. He hung his head, realizing hearing what he was doing spoken aloud was ridiculous. But, it was nuts what one did for someone they loved.

"Yes, I realize what I'm doing is probably stupid to you all. But, if you were in my shoes, would you apply yourself any differently?"

Nick had still been gone for more than a few minutes now. "We really need to find Nick, and soon."

"There is a tunnel that way that forks."
    He said, thumbing behind him. "I'm not sure if he went back into the Hedge, or if he chose the one that leads to a manhole cover outside the park."

You may all roll Wits+Wyrd to see if the hedge gate was activated in the tunnel, we will make it a group effort

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"I suppose not," Sonnie said to Frank in her usual happy-go-lucky manner, "Luckily, it's not me in your position! Anyway, let's hope Nick stayed on this side of the thorns. No matter which why he goes, I can probably track him?" She looked towards Rich, wondering what course of action the monarch would want to take. In the mean time, the Beast tried to get a sense on if entry to the Hedge had taken place nearby.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-19 13:35:20 Sonnie Wu rolls 4 to Wits 3 + Wyrd 1 (10 Again) 10, 7, 1, 1, 7 1 success
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-19 13:38:27 Sonnie Wu rolls 4 to +4 for Beasts Keen Senses (10 Again) 2, 5, 6, 7 failure

Almost forgot to add dice for her Beasts Keen Senses. Not that it mattered.

Page 18 of 20 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.