Ended
Watch

2019 Beginnings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    C
    Cross

Alessandra, as she moves through her shadowy circles of corrupt politics, learns that there are two Democratic Senators representing California - and that both of them will be there. One is new, a younger female lawyer who worked in human rights before taking her position. Her name was Lisa Harris. Her reputation? Clean as a whistle. Never taken a bribe in her life, as far as anybody knows. The older one has been in her seat since the mid-90s. Her name is Heather Hart. Old and experienced, this one has a quiet reputation for power-brokering and being willing to work with... wealthy interests.

Rebecca Simmons works it from the Big Pharma angles that she knows. This whole thing is sponsored by a company called Cheiron Pharmaceuticals, which is well known to be a donor to Hart's campaigns. Such big money... the Invictus would have to maneuver carefully if they were to get their hooks into the Senators.

Vivian learns that this is a high-fashion couture ball sponsored by Gucci. The weird and outlandish costumes of couture fashion shows are entirely encouraged here, and are a good way to blend in... or even attract certain kinds of positive attention.

Twist learns through her network that the Mayor of Sacramento was scheduled to come... but mysteriously cancelled without explanation.

Twist and Vivian both learn that there is a potential opportunity to impress Lisa Harris here. She loves music. All kinds of music. A really good musician could probably draw her attention easily, and there are ways to get a performance happening through money and connections. Vivian's ally in the Entertainment sector is a good vector to get that happening.

Finally... a big ticket item. Vivian York learns that Senator Hart's favorite charity is the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and that Vivian's friend could totally get her an introduction personally with the Senator if they rent a table. It's a fifty thousand dollar donation - an incredible amount of money for some, but for the Invictus? Drop. In. The. Bucket.

The table is a Resources 5 purchase that gets a one on one with the Senator where she comes to the Kindred. Exceptional successes for the win!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist leaned forward, "Check book for sure. Ideally one that comes in the form of a musician. Apparently that is a passion of a ... Lisa Harris?" The name came up but not the understanding of who the person was. Perhaps her companions knew.

"I assume she will be an attendee, though our city's Mayor for some reason will not be."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

R
    Rebecca Simmons

After talking to Rebecca's contacts she returned to the group. "I was able to find out that the gala is being sponsored by a company called Cheiron Pharmaceuticals who donated heavily to the campaign of Democratic Senator Heather Hart. From what I can tell they have very, very deep pockets."

V
    Vivian York

"It seems that a charitable donation for the Heart and Stroke foundation of Fifty Thousand would get us a private table and some time with the Senator if we wish. A friend of mine could get us one if we'd like." She opened her hand to the covenant, letting them have the decision on that.

"Additionally, this gala is also sponsored by Gucci. It seems that strange or outlandish costumes of Couture fashion are highly encouraged or attract certain types of positive attention." Although this seemed very strange, considering there was a Senator present, Vivian's face seemed rather curious about the information and if it was reputable. The Daeva pulled up her phone and started scrolling. "There appears to be some Gucci gowns that may be between striking and outlandish, but at least by Gucci if anyone wanted to go that route." She turned her phone and scrolled through some pictures, making a few faces at the out of place ones.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Looks like the two Democratic Senators for our state will be there. The young one, Harris, appears to be clean. But the other one? The older one, she might be open. But she has wealthy interests, so seems money will talk more to her. Though both might be willing to play with the right words and money.” A shrug.

Gucci? That was a clothing brand right?

Couture fashion? Well, that will be interesting. She knows dick all about fashion. Maybe a simple black dress, always in style, will be her best bet.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

C
    Cross

Tag me when y'all are done and I'll start the Kingmaker plot!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiles, "I think that we should be able to make a good showing. I look forward to the chance to enjoy an evening out with those of you that choose to attend."

I'm good to wrap this scene and get it into continuity and get the plot started. Do you want us to make glimpse posts with any prep work or save that for the beginning scene?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"The private table would be excellent for getting close to her. I can cover the donation if you'd like," she asked the group.

I'm ready to wrap, just wanted to make it clear I think we should pay the donation to have the table. Rebecca can pay unless anyone wants to split the cost.

C
    Cross

Go ahead and do any Glimpses you might want for prep, and we'll start the main plot on the weekend!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread