Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe lead the newest Summer away from the crowd. "Ssssssso," Circe hissed as she turned to Cole , "Yer a Summer's Summer? I'd be happy ta know that if not fer how I learned it," the elf's tone was flat, "We don't hafta talk about that. Yer choice, I'm all fer freedom. Before movin' on I just want it clear I said respect, not embrace." The elf shakes her head, "Ya don't hafta get all mopey cause its a Winter party. Just don't be," Circe gesticulates constantly for emphasis, "Screw yer Court at yer Court's party. Whiiich I did, with a Spring monkey. I think Sasha was more pissed at me then you. I am a bitch."

Circe laughs bitterly, "I wanted Summers ready fer a fight. Yer that Cole. How'sa about we change topics?"

The blue Fairest only briefly waits for a reply, "Like how are ya at workin' with," her right fist rises. Blue fingers extend as she lists the materials, "Bone, copper, plastic, or steel. Ya worked with those before?" The elf's right eyebrow and ear raised up, "And question. Can ya work plastic at a forge? I honestly don't know."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole was... Surprised. But not in a bad way. She seemed to understand- and if she was a Summer, he doubted she'd ever conceal how she truly felt, just as he had. Respect. Not embrace... He could do that. He could work with that. And he could be less reserved around her.

"I understand. Perhaps it's not the best reputation, but I can be hotheaded- literally, as you saw. Thank you, though... This does mean a lot. I will hold myself back a bit more, then- respect. I can understand that. Ah.. Summer's Summer? Sorry, I'm a bit dense. I'm Summer for sure, if that's whatcha mean.

Then came the questions, and the materials. There were some common ones- copper and steel? Childsplay. Bone and plastic? Hmm...

"Copper and steel are easy enough-I've made plenty of copper fixtures and trinkets- and steel comprises most of my work, whether it be blades or small car parts or ba-lis-tic stuff- don't have much practice with the blasty bits. Plastic doesn't really need a big, fiery forge like I've got- I'd use a much smaller, portable setup for that most likely, depending on what I was making. I've never worked with bone- never had the chance, and I've no idea how to go about it. But... Ah... I do have experience with... er... Hedge-forging? Hedge-smithing? I don't know what ya call it, can't understand half of it, but if you melt the right hedge-stuff under a hot enough flame and whack it with a hard enough hammer you usually get something shinier. And shinier usually means deadlier, far as Fae and Fae-spawn are concerned."

Cole grinned and folded his hands as he continued to speak. This was what he needed to cool off- and her genuine interest was refreshing.

"I've even worked a forge with my own hands before- it's a good experience, if you can do it without burning yourself. What about yourself? What's your material of choice?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Considering a soldering iron hurt like a bitch, I am NOT gonna work a forge by hand," Circe smirks as she concedes the failing.

The Summer Queen folds her arms and chuckles at part of Cole's explanation of his skills. "Hedge crafting I think is the phrase. Don't know. Don't do it," blue shoulders shrug, "I do the ballistic stuff." Blue lips part into a toothy smile, "Don't make 'em but I can take old shit and get 'em up ta snuff. Contract of Hours is fun fer that, speeds it right up." Circe frowns as she sighs, "Unless it has sea water damage, 'cause fanculo rust."

Circe unfolds her arms so she can be an Italian stereotype and start gesticulating. "My own workshop is geared toward metal work. Gunsmithing mostly, and the occasional bit o' bling. It ain't that hard to file, rifle, or solder some pipe inta gun barrel," she shakes her head, "Though my workshop ain't what I once had. I can't make exactly make a Uzi right now, and I won't make a pipe gun," she puts her hands on her hips as a scowl mars her face, "Even life or death won't make me drop my standards THAT low."

She grins, "So what exactly is the right Hedge stuff? I get the feelin' it ain't gonna be sticks and stones, but that ya gotta break something's bones."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole chuckled at her description and their mutual hatred for salt water. His forge wasn't exactly up to snuff either- he could melt things just fine, but without a proper setup forging anything that wasn't basic took a bit more time. and she had STANDARDS! Finally someone who understood quality. Her gunsmithing talents would no doubt come in handy- but, unfortunately, Cole was somewhat iffy on them. He knew some things didn't work in the hedge, and he wasn't about to take a firearm on the chance it'd fail. Still, for a more mundane craft there was no better weapon. And he said just as much.

"Ah, guns are where it's at as far as defense is concerned in the homelands- whether it be fae or freak or a mundane over their head. Do they work in the hedge? As fer making the stuff... It takes a bit of experimenting. I mean, swords are swords, that doesn't usually change. But the materials do- sometimes at random, which is... Annoying. One time it was just a bunch of random rocks, another time I had to dip a trinket in freaky goblin fruit juice to cool rather than water, and even another I had to melt down hedge thorns. Still not sure how that works, not sure I want to. Point is, it's a lot of trial and error and the same thing doesn't always work twice. I'm sure some autumn creepy crawly could tell ya better than I ever could."

Cole shook his head. Hedge crafting hurt to think about, and the only reason he dabbled in it was because it made stronger arms. Speaking of which...

"Wonder if I could make a gun with hedge stuff? Maybe a revolver? I could handle the materials, but I'd need someone's help to get the particulars right. And hedge-stuff bullets? Lot a' potential, sure. And some hobbes pay well for 'em. Eh, speaking of which? I have some funds. Not a lot, but I could put towards something. Way I see it, having a full-fledged gunsmith helps the court and the people"
    His resources weren't extensive, but he'd had a good business running. And his.. less legitimata activities paid well as well. He was surpised he hadn't met her before

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gave him an incredulous look when he asked if they worked in the Hedge. Then left, "Oh ho ho ho ho fanculo si they work. Usin' Stens ta wipe out a charge of privateers is as fun as drivin' over a monster in a trod with stronzo di car," the smile on her face is positively evil. "I used ta trade guns ta hobs fer service," she holds up a hand in the stop motion, "Yeah ya can say it sounds stupid but there were two reasons it was safe fer me. First the hobs got paid in bullets and I was their only source. Second, they were blue. I am blue. It worked." Her Rogues had accepted that argument so it should be fine.

She grimaced at the description of how odd it could be to make a Hedgecraft weapon. "I'd say it has somethin' ta do with the Wyrd. Cause everything ya just described is pretty weird," she smiles weakly as her head nods at her punishing answer.

"Don't see why not. As fer forging 'em, ya ever heard of Stens? Kinda a British uzi from Second World War. Their blacksmiths could forge the parts and they worked. I could make 'em in a factory I had in my Hollow, mundane only but still ya see the point,"
    Circe's fingers are moving everywhere as she talks, "Revolver should be easier. Buuuut ya'd really need blueprints and I don't have any with me. Anymore. And it's hard and pricey ta make a gun that ain't a piece of shit when ya don't have blueprints. And then Feds are pretty tight about modern gun blueprints. Gimme a minute ta think on that. But the ammo?"

Circe re-positioned her leather jacket. To have her arms through the sleeves as she bent forward. It was intended to entice as she was focusing on her own legs, "If ya can make it use bullets cool. If its Hedge ammo," she brushes her legs to get some of the built up moisture off. Desert heat meets extreme cold was uncomfortable. "Ya might want it ta be somethin' easy ta get. While makin' a literal bee bee gun could be funny I think briar thorns'd be easier ta collect." Circe straightened up with smirk growing on her face, "Unless ya don't like who yer given the gun ta. Then ya totally should make it shoot Hedge bees. Oh. And I," Circe points at herself, "Don't want a bee bee gun."

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

Cole was... Surprised. Guns worked in the hedge? Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait. Did CARS work in the hedge?! Before his nightmare in Arcadia, he had been working on an old chopper. He'd long since scrapped the project-but now? Cole had a wide smile on his face that just grew as she described how she felt. But A chopper in the hedge? Could he make it out of Hedgestuff? It was a very... Strange... Concept. But the idea of dragging a True along by an iron chain gave him a wicked grin.

"Wait.Waitwait. Do cars work in the hedge? I can make cars- well, choppers. But same thing, with a bit of work. Anyways, it's all definitely Wyrd related- Hasta be. I don't like it much- I suppose I can understand why the creepy crawlies enjoy it? It's more effective than the normal stuff, but I'm not tryna play Fae like they are... Most of what I know is just memory. Not sure if I should record this stuff? The Fall Folk might like their long lists and magical amulets and other weird crap- but I don't see any normal folk or new 'lings being able to use those, or wanting to. A gun or a sword though? I can see that- everyone's gotta piece for them. Tell ya what, some day I'll come by and see what we can do yeh? Or, you come to me. Either way, two forgemasters at work and we'll soon turn any foe into swiss cheese... And maybe make some useful war funds on the side."

He didn't wanna waste her time. He hastily scribbled an address to his home, some place a few miles outside of the city, and handed it over. It might have been a bit away, but the seclusion was good for... Business... whether it be with hobbes or humans, everyone wanted weapons. He had so many fun ideas... He was starting to understand what made the Wyrd so appealing to the Fall. But unlike them, he wasn't going to obsess over it. If it didn't bludgeon, stab, shoot, or drive, he didn't want much to do with it.

He had ideas now. He was excited. He was... Invigorated. A person who understood! Or at least, related. He'd have to watch himself- make sure he didn't dive to deep. But he also trusted Circe to be right there to slap some sense and pull him up if he did.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe snorted as she tilted her head back, "Define work," she made air quotes, "How many Trods have ya seen that're big enough ta drive a car through? Metal chassis might stop the Thorns but the tires don't. I mean," the Summer Queen shrugs with total indifference, "I hated the owner of the car so I didn't care." Circe nodded, "I've heard of folks usin' bicycles though but never heard about a chopper in the Hedge." A motorcycle might work too aside from being anything but quiet.

Circe smiled coldy at the suggestion of war funds, "I like it. Has lots o' potential. We leave the why ta Autumn and could even make a gift fer Sasha fer practive," she looks over at the Winter Queen, "Winter or not she is hot. And uh," she looks to Cole with a jerk, "And good Court relations, diplomacy stuff."

Blue fingers meet ones of metal and ash. Circe takes the note from Cole, "I'll try ta scrounge up some kinda schematic. Hmm," her legs rub together at the cold as she thinks. Circe snaps her fingers as she has a eureka moment, "Single Action Army. Old as Hell revolver but its blueprints should be public domain. Should be easier then a submachine gun. Crawl before ya run, right?" A single action revolver should be less sophisticated then a automatic. "Better ta see if somethin' simple can be made before we try fer advanced. Most of my tools ain't portable but one kit is," she eyes the address information, "Shouldn't be too hard ta get here." Circe's hand moves towards her chest to pocket the address. And slips in into a inner pocket of her jacket. This had potential. "If ya hafta hunt things ta make parts, let me know. Could be fun and I've got long arms fer close or distance. Could invite Blink and make it a Summer occasion." She nods her head towards the other Summer.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

He simply nods. If they all pooled their resources, they could definitely make something. A single action army? That was certainly an old model- which likely meant less small, annoying parts. Small size, potentially simple to make... And revolvers had quite a kick. He was slightly disheartened to hear that cars might not work, but he was determined to make his dream of a fiery chopper reality. Ghost Rider, but like... WAY more awesome. And as far as weapons to sell to Hobbes would go, a single shot revolver was relatively harmless compared to some of the toys he could imagine.

"Court relations. Right. I'd love to get together with more of this wonderful crew, do some bonding. I'll hang back for now- leave the relationshipping to you. She's pretty, of course... Ah... If that's what you're looking for. Speaking of which, should probably get back before we miss anything good. I'll keep my cool"

A chuckle, as Cole returned to the main event.

Cole returns to the party

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe could help the smile as she seemed to have given Cole a bit of a reason to act the part of the current season. True she usually did this to be annoying but if it kept Cole out of trouble Circe was fine with that. Now the slightly rueful Summer needed to decide who to chat up next.

close thread

Closed Thread