Ended
Watch

Elettra & Derek

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra sits in a private meeting room at the Nox waiting for Derek to arrive. She has her long brown hair pulled back in an easy ponytail and is wearing her go to black boots, jeans, t-shirt (this time the band on it is Slipknot), and a leather jacket. The Italian is just sitting back scrolling through her phone. She's looking forward to getting to know one of her new shadows.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

A black zip-up hoodie hangs on the thin frame of the neonate as he descends the Stairs on light-footed sneakers beneath dark jeans. Derek isn't certain what he intends to speak with his Priscus about. There are many half-formed questions on his mind. But perhaps simply establishing a rapport would be good enough.

He takes a moment to search the private meeting rooms she had mentioned. He is already somewhat familiar with the offices after meeting the Sheriff. His head pops into view as he checks the room Elettra is in. Seeing her causes his Beast to rise to attention, sensing the competing predator.

"Ah, h..hello, Priscus Vitale. I, uh, hope you, um, weren't waiting long."

The rest of him comes into view, the hood tucked back against his neck and shoulders. His eyes search the room, darting about before returning to rest on her.

"So, uh, maybe I'll just take a seat..." he starts and moves into the room to do just that, pulling a chair free and sitting at the meeting table. "H..how are you, uh, doing tonight?"

The question seems almost lame, a forced nicety to poorly veil his awkwardness.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Hearing Derek approach Elettra lifts her head up from her phone. Just as she does that she sees his head pop into view. She's very much looking forward to talking with him as he seems so shy and intimidated but EVERYTHING. She is hoping to break through some of that tonight. She gives him a warm smile as he walks into the room and takes a seat.

"Good evening, Mr. Derek Mitnick! Thank you for joining me tonight." In a reassuring tone, "I have not been waiting long at all and even if I had to it's alright we didn’t set up a specific time you had to be here by."

"I am doing quite well tonight, thank you for asking. How is your night going?" His well being is important to her. "How are you settling in so far in Sacramento?"

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

If anything, she seems very practiced in formalities, thinks the timid Shadow.

"It's, uh, it's fine, I guess. I'm settling in alright. I, uh, I'm, um, working on getting a proper Haven set up. Makes the stay, uh, easier." He fidgets, working his fingers together, interlocking and then twisting and flexing nervously. "It still takes...time. To, uh, get it all the way I'd like it. Still getting used to the city, and hunting in the Communal Grounds of course."

How an awkward and frail looking Kindred manages to hunt among the Kine might pose a mystery to some.

"So, I understand that, uh, you recently took on the responsibilities of our Clan's leadership. That must've been, um, a surprise? You, uh, take over for someone else?" Derek isn't sure if it's a touchy subject, or even rude, but it has certainly piqued his interest about the Clan's history and status within the Domain.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Keeping the friendly appearance on her face, "Mr. Mitnick, why don't you do me a favor? Take a deep breath. You seem very nervous and there's no need to be. I am your leader and I am here for you. The only time you need to be nervous around me is if you've broken any laws and as of right now you have not, correct? So, relax a bit I won't bite." She winks and gives another reassuring smile.

"I hope you're able to get everything In your haven the way you want it sooner rather than later. I find being settled into your Haven makes one feel they have some roots in the domain and helps to feel they belong. If there's anything I could do to help you just let me know." She offers sincerely.

With strength and confidence in her voice, "Yes, you understand correctly. Once I heard there was an opening I knew I would be right for the position so I took it. The previous clan leader was already gone when I arrived."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"We, uh, don't need to breath," says, a bit embarrassed. "So, um, it probably won't help. I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. I..I can't help but, uh...I mean, it's not something I can really control. It's, just how I am."

He tries to return the smile, though it looks more like a cross between a grimace and a sneer.

After hearing about the Mekhet's absence before her arrival he says, "Oh. Wow, so there isn't really any established Mekhets in the Domain? I guess that's...alright. It's not like anyone has given me a hard time for being one. Has anyone ever...um, given you a hard time since arriving yourself?"

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Obviously we don't need to breathe, it's a figure of speech. Letting you know you can take a moment to gather yourself. That there's no need to be nervous or scared or worried with me. That you can just relax and enjoy yourself." She looks at him with concern on her face.

"No there aren't any established Mekhets. Hopefully, that will change now that our Clan is starting to grow. I hope we all continue to make connections and make ourselves useful in the domain so that we can prove our worth as a Clan. No, no one has given me a hard time so far. Everyone has been welcoming and helpful so far. If anyone gives you hard time by chance feel free to let me know. I will do what I can to help."

"Is there anything else you would like to know?"
    Elettra is honest to a falt and an open book. She wants to make Seth feel welcome and free to ask any questions.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek sucks on his lower lip, tempted to bite it as he looks to Elettra helplessly. There just isn't a way to explain it to some people.

As if there were no reason to be nervous... As if I'd let her lower my guard, taunts the Beast internally.

"Of course, Priscus. I, um, did notice that, with Adam, and that other fellow, that there's a few of us coming into the Domain at the same time. So that gives us a lot to work with. Adam seems a bit, uh, focused on his appointed tasks. All that church business with his Covenant. Are, uh, umm, you affiliated with any Covenants? I'm not, I mean, I never really tried to get involved in one. My, uh, Sire was First Estate. But I was only ever really in service to him, so it really wasn't a full induction, you know?"

He rambles, eyes darting about, the nervousness never really going away. But at least he is talking more.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Leaning back into her chair, Elettra listens intently to her subordinate. She appreciates the fact that he's starting to talk a bit more with her now even if he still seems so frightened or nervous., "Yes it does give us a lot to work with. All three of you guys seem to bring your own unique skills to the table. I look forward to watching us grow within the domain. Adam surely does seem way focused on his appointed tasks. I hope that's not his only agenda here. Time will tell. I am currently unaligned. I am starting to look into all of the covenants here and I hope to find one that best fits me. It is something that none of us should make a quick decision on. So, please don't let anyone pressure you into joining their covenant. Make sure you're choosing what that is best for you. And yes, I do understand what you are saying. And if you need any help finding someone that belongs to any particular covenant just let me know and I will do my best to find someone you can get in contact with." Elettra is genuinely concerned someone will take advantage of this shy and timid man and strong arm him into choosing their covenant. Hopefully, when it comes to his beliefs he's more strong.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Something about what she's said seems to waylay his concerns and he visibly slackens out of his tense posture.

"Oh! Well, uh, that's something I can understand. And I quite agree. It's something I think I ought to do but not without proper considerations. Yes, uh, right." He nods to himself thoughtfully and a flicker of a smile creeps into his expression for a moment.

"I, um, I suppose I ought to share some of my specialties with you, if our Clan is to establish any influence in the Domain. I work primarily in computers, utilizing networks and programming. It's what my Sire found most interesting in me as he prepared for the advancement of the encroaching digital frontier. I've already spoken to Sheriff Moretti about this, so I'm sure she might utilize me at some point. I, um, understand the importance of security in a digital age. So if you need any assistance in that regard I'd be happy to lend my aid."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.