Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

"Sure. I'm Alfonso. Winter Courtier and Sacramento P.D." The Crow says by way of declared introduction.

A
    Abraham Norton

Embarrasingly, in all the chaos the knight-errant forgot to introduce himself!

"Abraham. Storyteller and self-professed knight, wearing the Emerald mantle" Now on to other things "First, let me express my sincerest apologies for any improper conduct of the Spring. We'll strive to be more wise in the future" Strange. Moments before, he's chastised Rhodes silently for speaking for all of them, and now he's doing the exact same thing.

Obviously, this isn't hypocrisy, no sir, just noblesse oblige.

"A policeman, you say? Was it something you became After or Before?" He's certainly piqued his interest with that one. Few Lost held regular jobs.

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow inspects the Knight with a gimlet eye. "Homicide Detective. Before, After and During. Never stops." he says.

"I couldn't tell you if an apology was appropriate, but if it was, I definitely wouldn't be the one to accept for the Monarch at her Coronation." he says, "You could discuss it with her, I'm sure."

Perfect stillness. A sip of punch. Then perfect stillness. Then,"What does a 'self-professed knight' do nowadays?" he asks.

A
    Abraham Norton

The Crow's gaze feels almost like a physical search, and the way he seems to correct Abraham is either a sign of deep dedication to his duty or of pridefulness. How he refuses to accept the (for what it's worth) heartfelt apology can also be one of the two. "Oh, the same things knights of old have been doing for centuries" the Flowering answers "Protecting and serving. Defending those that can't defend themselves, bringing hope to those who had it stolen from them, entertaining ladies and gents, making sure the evildoers end up on the sharp end of a sword, searching for our Holy Grail..." And more! "...Our days are busy"

He mirrors the Winter Crow and tastes some punch of his own "Forgive me for being so intrusive, but what was it that attracted you to police work? Was it duty? Prestige? The thrill of exploring the unknown?" Abraham is genuinely curious, no malice or mockery can be detected in his voice.

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow is still, watching Abraham Norton, 'the Storyteller', perhaps considering what story might be formed and repeated based on his answers here.

"I have a knack for it." he replies, "Picking over the dead, finding clues, piecing together a solid case, and unleashing the hounds in blue to go get the arrest." he explains. "I found it suits me."

He actually cocks his head slightly sideways at Abraham, "And what brings you here, to 'serve and protect' in Sacramento, Abraham?" he asks.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Picking over the dead, of course! With a mien like that, how could it be anything different?

"What brings me here? The last damsel in distress strangled the last dragon in LA, and so, finding myself effectively jobless with how safe everything was, I decided to move northward. There's always more stories to tell, and I figured the state capital is not a bad place to look for them. Somewhat to my surprise, when I first met Queen Ingrid she told me the freehold is rather quiet, not counting a certain 'Queen Anne'. And you? Are you a local or an arrival like me?"

He shakes his head, eyeing the group gathering around the galvanized tank.

"Aware of how that sounds, I hope she and all the other villains resurface soon. Unlike you, Alfonso, I have neither the patience nor the talent to lie in wait for weeks, gathering clues and preparing an ambush. I prefer my confrontations straightforward, weapons in hand. Forgive me for being blunt, but I think we complement each other nicely"

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso smiles a wintry, thin smile. "That's the second time you've asked me to forgive something that I don't think is my department." he observes.

After a pause of complete stillness, The Crow nods slightly, "I was thinking that knowing a guy like you might come in handy. Can't very well unleash the beat cops on a supernatural murderer, if I run across the trail of one." he muses. "Of course the Spring Monarch might have something in mind for you, but you say nothing seemed urgent right now....I asked her about the qualifications of a Groundskeeper, since she mentioned the position was open." he ventures thoughtfully.

A
    Abraham Norton

That one was a piece of work. Abraham sometimes just doesn't get those of Winter, with their reserved attitude, half-smiles and intent stares. If they'd learn to take the blighted pleasantry as intended from time to time, that would make everyone's life a lot more fun.

"Let's just hope we'll be able to explain away said offender's sudden disappearance" in a grave in the Hedge six feet under "or multiple hack and slash wounds" from Abe's tool of trade. But what the Crow says about the Groundskeeper position piques his interest even more "And? What qualifications did she mention?"

The musings on whether or not Alfonso seriously considers applying were stopped only by a sudden realization he didn't answer Abraham's question. Clever bastard.

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow stares at the Knight. "Well. Let's hope we never have to worry about my being assigned a murder case that you would want me to deliberately do less than I could to solve." he says.

He chuckles then, "I was speaking to her more as the Director of the Freehold then as the Spring Monarch, though of course that is who she is." he pauses, almost like he is replaying the previous conversation word for word in his mind.

The Crow recites in a conversational tone of recollection, "Someone who can keep an eye out for trouble. Someone who can fix things if trouble starts. Someone who can get a posse together if we ever - really - have the need of it."

A slight pause for effect. "Someone who thinks about the Freehold and not just the Courts. The Freehold is a home for everyone. Courtier, Courtless, and allied hob, human....like the Director but less face... guy... and more... spy? Assassin? Professional leg breaker with a heart of gold?"

He smiles, "She gave me very good advice, suggesting that I mention my interest to my Monarch, which I intend to do."

He cocks his head again and asks, "Sound like something you'd be interested in, Abraham? Might be a good job for a team."

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow suddenly seems to be looking and listening to something in the distance.

"I am apologizing to you now, Abraham. I have to do something that can't wait. If you want to talk again, after, that'd be fine by me." he says abruptly. Then he moves away to where the faceless one is leading people through what seems to be a ceremony of some kind.

Seriously, sorry to end abruptly! I really enjoyed the scene and would love to do another sometime!

Closed Thread