(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's smile does not falter, but her body does show a more relaxed countenance as the Prince appears to like her approach. She knew it was bold, but subdued people rarely made history.

"It is important to recognize thwr merit of others I feel," she says, commenting on Alessandra's observation regarding her tendency to uplift others, "They can do things that I cannot. And vice versa. As you know, a strong Domain makes use of varied strengths. I am simply revealing that I feel like are best placed elsewhere. I have done well as Deputy, I agree, but my abilities are limited in regards to the those of Atticus and Krieg. However, I am very well versed in the social aspects of Court. I feel I've proven this given my reputation."

None spoke ill Blackbird as far as she knew. She had been careful. There was a reason for that.

"As for why I want the position, I won't bother you with deception," she says, "Simply put, my skillset is best used within the annals of Court. I am passable soldier if the situation permits, but my influence is stronger within a controlled environment. I'd certainly like to continue to work with the Sheriff in regards to the security of Court, however."

Then a nod.

"I would be quite content with looking after Elysium and planning Formal Courts," she said her smile tugging to a small, genuine grin, "You needn't worry. A Daeva is nothing if not creative or so my sire taught me."

Apologies for not highlighting text. Had to write this on cell phone due to long update on desktop.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “I agree with that.” But it wasn’t common for a Kindred to admit where they lacked. It was dangerous knowledge in the wrong hands. “Though I wouldn’t personally be one to offer up my weaknesses.” She says with a small smirk. “But to each their own.” She wasn’t judging.

“I tend to prefer no deception.” But she knew to expect it. So hardly anything was taking at face value to her.

“Typically, the Keeper does work with the Sheriff to assure Court is secure, and to handle any, issues.”
    Which was something yet to happen. Though she wasn’t sure if she could sit back and let Lina handle it. Though it might cause some issues if she stepped on Lina’s toes. “Well, you are very well spoken and educated. And given our previous talk, I’m surprised you wish to go from a Deputy to Keeper. You’ve proven to be quite formidable in the field from what I hear.”

Just odd.

“Well, I know Seneschal York has some ideas in the works for Court. I tend to leave that to others,” she says with a laugh, “I’m not much of a party planner.” It was hard enough to find an appropriate outfit.

“As to Court security, how would you go about it? What are your ideas for it?” she liked Blackbird, but she wasn’t the only one who put in their bid for the position. And Ale had an idea of what she wanted in a Keeper.

No worries
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The neonate dips her head in a small nod as Alessandra offered her opinion regarding her choice to highlight her weaknesses.

"In circumstances with normal Kindred, I'd fully agree it would be best to keep my shortcomings hidden, Your Majesty," she offers, "but you are the Prince of Sacramento. It is prudent to be open with you, especially in matters of my role as a soldier for the Domain. To suggest I possess greater skill than I do to you could be a dangerous deception. Especially if I couldn't deliver on the talk. It's more than social suicide to do so, others could come to be harmed when they should not."

"Additionally, it is well within my interests to keep the status quo unchanged," she continues, "And one of the best ways to do that is to show where I feel I can best fit in your arsenal. Make no mistake, I will fight when needed and weather my Beast when necessary. I've proven that. However, I do not consider the role of a warrior is my greatest strength and often times that is a role the Deputies must act within. Therefore, if there is a role in which I believe I can be more formidable, I think it only natural to I at least make my case. The choice is wholly yours, of course, I would not presume it otherwise."

Blackbird wasn't here to step on toes. If Alessandra had someone else in mind, the neonate would abide by the decision. Sure she'd probably grumble, but she'd remain loyal.

"Seneschal York's enthusiasm is simply lovely," she'd say, adding her compliments to her Elder as the Prince spoke of her. Blackbird made a promise to uplift and support her clan, "The chance to collaborate with her would be a reward in and of itself."

At the question regarding her approach to security, Blackbird visibly pondered for some time. She was intrigued by the Prince's little quiz and it was clear she wanted to take it seriously.

"I think the best approach would not be too dissimilar from the approach the Sheriff had myself and the other Deputies exercise in the last Court. We roamed often, periodically checked in, and moved from group to group," the neonate recalled. The explanation was a formality of sorts to be sure, it was likely the Prince herself had seen them moving around. The Deputies and Lina weren't exactly subtle, especially with the multitude of new faces in January. "It is imperative that the Deputies and Sheriff remain well appraised to the activities of our brethren. It allows them to better respond to issues before they become too dire. It also provides a visual reminder for the Kindred of the order you and others have worked so hard to instill."

A pause.

"As Keeper, I'd be able to add to that security further, helping to identify problems as they arise and ensure the Sheriff is made aware," Blackbird says, "The effort would of course be very collaborative and would likely need some adjustments time and again to fit within Sheriff Moretti's own expectations and priorities. Considering our significant rapport, I doubt that would be much of an issue. I feel we both understand that it is adaptability and mobility that makes for an effective security team."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a smile then, “Impressive.” She had an answer for everything. But there was truth in her words. An interesting balance. “I’ve been used to people attempting to make themselves look good, so it’s refreshing. Being able to admit your weaknesses shows strength.” And that the Daeva wasn’t stupid. And it’d be dangerous to underestimate her.

“I always welcome people to make their case for something they want. It lets me know where interests lie. And I’ll be honest with you, you’re not the first to approach me for the position of Keeper.” She wouldn’t say who else had, that wasn’t her style. “So something tells me it’s a desired position.” Though Blackbird had made a better case thus far.

A nod, “It is. She talks about her ideas, but I have little to add to them.” She says with a chuckle, “If my shoes match my outfit, I’m lucky.” True story. “I’d be curious to see what you and her could come up with.” Two Daeva’s working together could be trouble.

“It certainly is a very efficient way to handle Court and new arrivals.” It was hard to miss the Sheriff and Deputies bouncing around the groups. “As someone who likes to greet new faces, it’s comforting to see.” Not that she couldn’t handle herself, but it was their job to provide security.

“How do you personally identify a problem? I know I have things that set off alarms for me, but everyone is different. I also know that sometimes it’s more efficient to be quiet about identifying a problem and taking care of it. But nothing wrong with flashy at times.”
    She wasn’t subtitle. It just wasn’t how she was built. “And I agree, you and Sheriff Moretti seem to have a wonderful working relationship. Which is important to keeping things moving swiftly and safely.”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile from Blackbird would meet the Prince's in kind as she took in Alessandra's compliment. The Prince seemed to appreciate her candor, which was a bit of a relief for the neonate. Indeed, providing an open line of communication with a Prince was always a gamble for an up and coming Kindred. However, the Savage Prince of Sacramento was not like many of her peers elsewhere.

"Certainly," she'd say in response to the desirability of the position of Keeper, "Every role in Court comes with some measure of influence and I wholly expect the role to be coveted. My only regret is not coming to you sooner, but I do not mind competition. That's a commonality in Kindred politics after all. However, with others having approached you, I will say that I take some measure of comfort in the fact that the decision has not been made. It speaks to your wisdom and your want to consider the candidates carefully."

The benefits of being Keeper were plain. Blackbird knew her capabilities and was certain the Prince knew them as well, as such she wouldn't decorate her candidacy with some facade to make it appealing. Though she had to wonder if others had done so. Certainly, she could say she was doing it to help the common Kindred, but that would be disingenuous. Blackbird was doing this for herself and she felt the Domain as a whole would benefit from her being Keeper as a side-effect.

The statement of the Prince's wisdom was as much a genuine compliment as it was a move to preen her ego.

"With that in mind, I will respect your decision," she affirms, "If you feel another is a better fit, so be it. My loyalties to your Court are not so simple as to be changed by a single decision. As I've said, causing a disruption is not within my interests nor would it benefit the Domain."

Blackbird was unafraid of rivals. In fact, she welcomed them.

"I find that one of the greatest factors in determining individuals or situations to be problematic is often my gut. Whether that is the influence of the Beast or the remnants of the Man is up to debate, but we aren't here to discuss philosophy," she says, waxing Dragon for a moment, "As to what typically causes those knots, I find much of it can be triggered through social action. Our brethren are often much more easy to read than they believe."

"Kindred who fail to learn from reprimands on etiquette are an example. You need only look to our torpored Knight of the Thorn for proof. However, sometimes the signs are more subtle. Individuals who are slow to give their name, discuss which Clan they share their blood with, or are shifty about their pasts are a few examples. It makes me wonder about their interaction with previous Domains and if they could have been ousted from their former homes forcefully. Consider one of our recent arrivals, the Norvegi. Mr. Kind. It took some time for me to get his name and he was a shadier sort. Rather than let the matter sit, I opted to question him further. He eventually revealed himself as a thief and offered his service to Kindred associated with the criminal elements. Despite my own association with the Black Market and other criminal activities, associating with him and giving in to his request to share his details has provided me with some pause. Dealing with career theives can be a risky endeavor and his past could lead to future issues. After all, the question of who would need his service and why is an interesting on. Thus, I've opted to watch him and reserve judgement until he either proves himself an asset or a liability."

"Sometimes, potential issues signal themselves without a single word being uttered. Priscus Wood's reaction to seeing Ms. Green in Court, for example. Given her past frenzy in Elysium and her connection to Alder Davis, who Green sent to torpor, it was elementary to conclude she needed to be watched. Priscus Wood is loyal and kind, but the Beast rarely cares about such things. It feeds on negative emotion. If things went poorly, the Beast could have easily called on her to kill."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was politics. Everything that they did, revolved around politics. Those that didn’t understand it, were left behind. But those like Blackbird? They went places.

Smirking, “I made a mistake early by putting the wrong Kindred in a position, I won’t do it again. So I’m taking my time, seeing what each has to offer, their strengths and weaknesses.” Getting screwed over once was enough for her.

While it was good to know, she took them at what they were, words. Actions spoke more to her.

Chuckling, “That’s good, I’m not much of student of philosophy, so I wouldn’t make a good conversation partner.” She jokes. “But I agree with you.” She often went with her gut.

“He was a,”
    a pause, “unique case. One of the few I’ve seen defy logic and basic brain function.” At least it was handled. By Davis’s own actions. “You’re an observant type, that’s good to hear.” It meant she watched those around her. “Oh yes, Mr Kind, I remember him. Priscus Vitale request permission to read his aura. So seems he set off someone else’s alarms as well.” He’d be one to keep an eye on. “A thief huh? That’s good to know, though I wonder how good he is. But watching him is a good idea, I’d be curious to how useful he could be. Or if he’s all talk.” Which was a danger in itself.

There was a shrug, “I was watching as well, that’s a situation I don’t want blowing up in Court. It’s good to know there were others watching it as well. I have to remind myself often in Court that it’s not my job to handle those situations anymore.” She smirks. If she wanted to, she could, but it was best to let the Sheriff and the Deputies handle it.

“I have to say, you’ve given me a lot to think about and consider. The case you’ve presented was well spoken and direct, I like that.” She was getting a whole new level of respect for Blackbird. “I hope you’ll understand if I don’t give you my decision right now.” Says the Savage with a smile.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird smiled.

"If there's anything the Kindred have, it's time in abundance," she offers, "I can certainly understand why you'd want to exercise that blessing."

A nod followed as Alessandra provided some agreement to her words regarding the Man and Beast. It seemed they bore some common ground in their interests regarding their natures. Perhaps it was something they would explore another time.

As the conversation turned briefly to Davis, Blackbird dipped her head. "Unique is certainly a fitting word," she says, but she decldes against expanding on it. Davis was in his deathsleep and the Domain gained little from discussing him heavily. The Prince seemed to have said all she wanted of the former Hound of Florin, which pleased Blackbird.

"I am glad to hear. Priscus Vitale is adjusting well in her role," she says. Indeed with the influx of Mekhet following Elettra's arrival, there was a sizable necessity to adapt. In that regard the young Shadow seemed to do quite well.

Her smile tugged a little wider as Alessandra's viewpoints seemed to complement her own. It seemed the Savage Prince was concerned with much of they same scenarios. Further, her compliments put the neonate at ease.

Then came the closing statement as the Prince began to bring the conversation seemingly to a natural end.

"Again you humble me, though I am pleased you found my discussion concise and clear," she offered as she stood, "I understand the need to consider all candidates. The position is an important one and our Domain is blessed to have you treat the vacancy with such caution."

"With that being said, I am certain I've taken up enough of your time this evening," Blackbird concluded. The neonate clasped her hands to her front and offered the Prince a bow, granting the respect her station called for, "By your leave, of course, Your Majesty."

Blackbird had come and accomplished what she had intended to. Her interest in Keeper had been relayed, as had how her capabilities could fit into the role. The neonate would not fight to keep the conversation going. In her experience, those who seek to prolong their discussions with officials longer than necessary tend to hurt their case rather than help it.

Nonetheless, she would not leave unless the Prince permitted her exit. That could cause offense and Blackbird had no desire to commit social suicide among the Dead.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Unique was as nice as the Savage could be about the matter. And sometimes it was best to speak kindly in company you didn’t know well.

A nod, “I curious to see how she advances within the Domain. I’ve offered to train with her, mostly guns, but maybe sparring should she be up to it. I offer the same to you.” Always good to get to know what others could do.

She stands as well, which in her eyes, was a sign of respect for the Daeva. “It was refreshing to have such an honest discussion. Most are too concerned with what they think I want to hear to tell me what is really important.” But not her.

“Nonsense, I’ve quite enjoyed talking with you. It was a lot more interesting than working.”
    She said with a chuckle and a wink. “On that note, we really should get together some evening outside of work. Something like drinks, or sparring or shooting. You know, non Kindred things.” None Kindred things were good. They were required. “But no pressure or anything.” She knows not everyone was comfortable around her now.

“Thank you Priscus Blackbird for the meeting."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird allowed herself to rise from her bowed position, dipping her head in quiet reverence as Alessandra offered training.

"Your generosity continues to astound, Your Majesty," she offers, "Even if I cease to operate as a Deputy, training would be useful. Recent times have proven, the Domain is not without its obstacles regarding the Hunters and poachers. I believe all of us have some responsibility to help defend your claim, even if we are not the designated soldiers of your territory."

Raising her head, she'd meet the Prince's eyes with her. "It wouldn't be prudent to simply heap praise in an effort to petition for your favor," she offers, "The position of Keeper requires a delicate understanding of the Domain, needs in security, and in Elysium etiquette. I had to show that I possessed this."

The Prince didn't only need praise. She also needed people who could get shit done. Blackbird felt she was courteous enough, granting the Prince the respect that she was due, but it would not be in the neonate's nature to sugar coat her candidacy. If she was to be chosen, she wanted the selection to be based on her merit and what she could provide, not because she was the best schmoozer for Alessandra's ego.

"My time is always open to you, Your Majesty," she offered kindly at the invitation to spend time together outside of Court, "You need only call. I will do all I can to prove a ready companion in whatever endeavor you choose to involve me in."

The meeting concluded, the Deputy offered another bow, shorter than the last.

"It was nothing short of a pleasure, Your Majesty," she concludes, "Be well."

Turning to the door, Blackbird would move open it. Unless she was stopped, the Priscus of the Daeva would leave the Prince to her solitude, softly closing the door and returning to the long night of winter.

Sooooo sorry for the delay! Work was rough and had a few RL things. This was a great scene! I am good to wrap if you are!

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

I'm also good to wrap. Was a great scene! A lot of fun, thank you!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread