Watch

(1901) Duel Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan turns to Phoenyx.

"I don't suppose you keep that construct somewhere accessible? Me, I'd love to tamper with it, see how it works... to prepare us for round two, if nothing else"

Or strip it for parts. Either works.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"If such a construct continues to exist and resembles anything like the horrific metal spider that we destroyed in the apartment building I can guarantee that no one gets to study it." Langdon had been content to watch and listen but this? No. Not after what had happened.

"I will not see any of those things remaining out in the wild. Not after what it did to us and what it did to Epitaph."
    She may have been a confused women, some may say heretic, but that hasn't stopped Langdon from seeing her face at night as he tries to sleep.

3. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods to Phoenyx, smiling slightly at her concise and efficient report of their activities.

He looks over at Shodan without saying anything at the mage's expressed desire to inspect the construct.

He nods slightly towards Langdon and says, "We called it in to the Guardians after the site was secured, Sir. There were also some computer records with surveillance and interrogation of Epitapah and someone named, 'Lacuna'. There were two hunters left alive and subdued and restrained. And First Talon recovered what might be Epitaph's body. Everything was turned over with control of the site to the Guardians, Sir." he says.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"Out in the..." He stutters, trying to answer Langdon "I'm not going to keep it as a pet, man. You can incinerate it for all I care, just let me have a quick look at it first. I mean, the worst that can happen is that we learn nothing, but best case scenario? We save someone's life"

The Guardians, huh? There's only one Guardian here, as far as Shodan is aware, Winter . The Libertine looks at him expectantly, waiting to hear if there's anything to study after the 'cleanup'.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian shrugs, "of course I'll be willing to share the intel afterwards. Could even have you help us research it". Of course he's lying, the smug on his face says everything.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-25 14:58:15 Winter rolls 4 to Lying (10 Again) 7, 3, 6, 5 failure

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan doesn't appear mad at all. If anything, he is slightly amused.

"Ain't gonna be no afterwards, man" He shakes his head "If you're gonna lie to my face, at least try to sound sincere, okay?"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-25 16:12:06 Shodan rolls 6 to Detect lies (10 Again) 3, 3, 5, 9, 8, 8 3 successes

He looks to Campanella next. He's the number one, he gets to decide.

"Way I see it, you're the only one to make the call, boss-man. If you decide I don't get to see whatever was there, I'll not press it. But we stand to gain so much knowledge about our enemies that it'd be a waste to just burn it all. I could go to the place with Winter and anyone else who wants to have a look. I'll conduct a study, release the scene for Winter to scrub it clean. I'll even compile you a neat report, with pictures. How's that sound?"

Sorry for posting multiple times, I just wanted Shodan to finish making his case. Now that he did I'll hang back, wait for the verdict

A
    Alastor

Alastor's heart rate was slowing, and he was chugging less water.

"It was a Frankenstein type thing, Langdon. Huge. Metal on the inside, like it was flesh on a chassis. It could talk, sort of? Heavy armor like a vehicle, but it still needed to breathe. It could use guns, but didn't really get the chance to."

He shrugged, uncaring of which investigator (or both) reviewed it, so long as it got done.

"Not the same as the spider machine, but definitely in the same vein. We've captured the materials. Frankly, I'd love a report on ways to disable those things more easily than beating the shit out of it, and regardless of who gets final custody of the documents, I do want that report so that we have a best-practice strategy in place next time we run into things like that."

He glanced at the Heirarch.

"What happens after that to it, I don't care."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods in agreement with Alastor, rubbing her knuckles. "It was like punching a padded steel brick. Just wouldn't go down either. Wouldn't like anyone to face that thing alone, without a firearm."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella simply nodded when Phoenyx made her report. His face remained impassive as the conversation danced between Winter and Shodan. Langdon's interjection bought a raised eyebrow from the Moros Councillor Hierarch. He held his peace a little longer.

"I see. Two constructs. I take it this spider... construction... is out of our hands, yes? We can still access this... man?"

A finger traced the line of his jaw while he thought.

"Perhaps we should take a look. I have an interest in automata myself. If the Guardian's have taken this matter under their wing, I suggest we keep it that way. However, if you could, would you be able to arrange a viewing of this manufactured giant, Winter? It was a giant, yes? You would supervise, of course."

His gaze was calculating as he stared at Winter. And then Shodan. And Langdon.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

ST NOTE

I had intended to simply wrap up that plot and let it drop. Let me know if you want to keep going with it.

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread