Ended
Watch

(1901) Duel Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan stares at Phoenyx as she delivers a detailed rebuttal to his stance "Let's just agree to disagree, okay? At least we're both of the opinion that this Duel should happen if it was lawfully announced" He'd be prepared to let the issue drop, but of course Winter had to chime in with his sarcastic comments "Hey man, did you do what I think you did here? Did you just call these people" He makes a hand gesture indicating the mages around "A mob? Not cool, not cool at all"

But in any case, it seems the shit-kicking is a go. And so, Shodan augments his sight to witness it in full 3D and technicolor.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-12 14:03:02 Shodan rolls 6 to Improvised Prime Sight (10 Again) 10, 4, 3, 6, 4, 8, 8 3 successes

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze says nothing, stifling a sigh and focusing with interest on the coming duel. He chants softly for a little while as it seems the duel is going to happen, and he wants to watch carefully. After he chants, he casts Supernal Vision, chanting as he casts.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-12 16:53:01 Kaze rolls 4 to casts improvised Supernal Vision (Prime 1+ Gnosis 1) No Manna cost cause Ruling Force +2 Chanting (10 Again) 10, 3, 6, 2, 2 1 success
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While she wanted to roll her eyes at Gemini, she didn't.

"Things are this way because our numbers were decimated by Seer's. Hell, there was a time when it was just four of us." she replies simply.

A nod then to Alastor and Winter. It looked like this was going to happen, as it should, where it was announced.

Her sight was already up, so she just steps off to the side. Ready to observe, and ready to heal should it be needed.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella has been watching and listening.

At one point, he takes a breath like he is preparing to speak but the Guardian Winter moves to create the site of ritual combat. The Moros closes his mouth and waits his turn.

When he does step forth, the Moros does so humbly and with the weight of tradition firmly behind him. Face impassive, he looks out over the assembled mages - completely ignoring his opponent.

"I Campanella, Moros of the Path of Doom of the Supernal Realm of Stygia, Neokoros of the Mysterium, humbly and with due respect to our ancient Traditions lay forth myself as Hierarch of this here Consilium of the River City. Long has this city required a guiding hand in its time of trial. Long has this city suffered from the oppression of the Lie and the depredations of Seer and Scelesti."

"I petition you for this honoured position because I have studied the Mysteries for many a year. I have attained first degree mastery by my own hand. I have ridden the waves of time and bought back the remnants of the Temotic Obelisk. I have founded Cabal's and watched over the Athenaeum of my Order. I have upheld the Veil."

He paused, turned to Alastor and - yes! - deigned to raise an eyebrow!

"Alastor of the Adamantine Arrow has issued challenge for the position of Hierarch. He is rather new around here. I accept his challenge. Let him come and take it from me."

With that, he turned and strode into the mystic arena. As he does the air near him cools, congeals and solidifies; dust motes tremble from the ground and rise to mesh with the matrix of air forming a Shield of earth and ice (Matter). He reaches out a hand and plucks a Sword from the ether. The blade is a nasty looking purple crystal with an indistinct form, the edges of the blade seemingly dissolving into a black mist (Death).

And the paperwork: -

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-12 17:38:24 Campanella for Clash of Wills - humble certainty rolls 4 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 10, 6, 8, 4, 10, 8 4 successes
    2019-01-12 17:37:33 Campanella rolls 1 die for initiative 10

Campanella has an Initiative of 15.

Challenge: 4 successes using Manipulation+Subterfuge.
    Sword: Death 3
    Shield: Matter 5
    Willpower: 7/7
    Health: 6/6

Some of these procedures might be a little out of order but this is Play by Post, not Tabletop and I think its best to get the preliminaries away in one go.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes Ruach, , Vincent liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"You seek to fight honorably, rather than taking the easy way out. Good."

A nod of respect. He'd offered the out, the kind of thing a raw politician would take, and Campanella had moved forward. That was worthy. As the Master levied his challenge, Alastor's face turned deadly serious. Hands spread wide as he thundered his will.

"Rather new, yet nobody can say I haven't proven myself willing to fight for all of our lives. We're at war! This isn't a game! Tell me - can you fight, with all of your being? Do you know how? Do you have it in you, you, who would be Heirarch? I do. Monsters have been ended due to my deeds. A murderer of dozens, gone because of me. I've been bombed for this Consilium, and still ended those who would kill our friends while my flesh dripped off my fucking bones! That's what we're dealing with here. Nothing less than those who would kill us all. If you're not afraid of leading this Consilium at war, with all that's coming for us, you should be!"

He snapped his hand forward, pointing directly at the Moros. The challenge was levied as the soldier squinted through him, like he was looking into his soul.

"Prove me right about what I said about you, or prepare to follow someone else who can."

Alastor's second hand came up, and both lit up with Supernal power, the powerful, cleansing glow of Prime not so common to followers of the Path of Scourging. A pair of burning lashes much more typical to him and to the adherents of Pandemonium snapped forth from the glow, and he cracked the cleansing whips of Supernal might to the ground with certain cracks.

A grin flashed across the soldier's face as he began to multiply. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Twisting, moving, spreading to surround the Master as a shell game of the Lie of Space began the First Talon's defense. This was no mere enforcer. Alastor was First because he was a tactician.

"Come!"

Alastor's Initiative is 8. Campanella wins the Challenge due to his sick Chance Die win and gains +1 on the attack.

Willpower 6/6
    Health 8/8
    Sword: Prime 2
    Shield: Space 3

Let's take this Duel into a side thread, shall we?

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

(Squaring the Circle)Mana 2 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

A Gliph flares, but his intonation falters and the threads of mana dissipate in the air. The Guardian doesn't lose his resolve, his voice rises again, and this time he bends reality to his will. Shimmering white flames surround the contestants. The die has been cast.

"So it begins. This Council shall honor the outcome, whichever it may be"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-12 18:16:14 Winter rolls 6 to Squaring the circle IMP (Gnosis + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 6, 1, 2, 2, 3, 2 failure
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-12 18:16:31 Winter rolls 5 to Squaring the circle IMP (Gnosis + Prime + HS-1) (10 Again) 4, 2, 10, 2, 5, 2 1 success

9. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Totally agree Alastor Cross

Did you wish to make it? The mage who loses the Contest of Wills goes first (Mage 1st ed, p288)
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Pheonyx turns to Gemini. "Maybe, but no-body did. The Councillor still could have refused the challenge."

To Shodan, she gives a small nod. "Sure."

With him and Winter trading barbs, the Arrow lets our a silent sigh.

Fortunately, after that, the challengers began their announcements. A smile spreads across Phoenyx's face as she watched the combatants prepare, and follows them to the circle.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Don't mind the duel. It is happen concurrently with this scene. So please, continue to chatter, plot, and scheme between yourselves as your characters watch the fireworks.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And so the Duel began.

Blue eyes watch the exchange, in awe of how much different this one was. This wasn't a Duel in hate and misplaced opinions. It was one of honor.

The dance between the two was art like to the Thyrsus. But there was no denying the power behind Campy's magic.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread