Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes watch as others enter, smiles and nods offered.

Sand gets a wave and a bigger smile. She really needed to reach out and hangout more with her Cabal Mate.

Alastor speaks of the Duel, and her mind works over what is about to go down today. Him and Campy, her Cabal Mate, were going to Duel. It was no secret she didn't like Duels, but she respected what they represented.

Then Campanella walks in, and it was obvious he meant business today. And got right to business. It was then she realized her heart wasn't in this Duel. When it had been just her and Alastor, it had been different. But with Campy stepping up, she knew he would make a better Hierarch. Leading was never her thing, but he did it with ease, like he was meant to step up.

So she speaks up, "I want to let it be known I won't be Dueling today." she says, looking to Campy, "While I have the skills to Duel and give someone a run for their money, my hearts just not in it." now she was addressing Campanella directly, "If anyone here is deserving and fitting for the role of Hierarch, it's you. And should you want to Duel me, I'll step up. But I'm not good at leading." it was the truth. Responsibility just wasn't her thing.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

The First Talon nodded to Campanella.

"And here we are. You've stepped up."

He looked to the Consilium, the assembled Magi who were here to witness.

"Master Aurora, that's honorable and fair. It is always good to know what one is best at, and in fact, that's something I want to talk about right now before we Square this thing - Awakened of Sacramento, we are here because a leader must rise. You deserve the best leadership. Wise leadership, cunning and capable and compassionate leadership."

A hand came up. A hand, fingers formed into an indicating chop, pointed squarely at Campanella.

"I know who I am. A military commander, a leader of soldiers in combat. But we aren't a Consilium of Arrow. Campanella? He's that guy."

Squinty eyes went from each to each.

"So speak to me, with the weight of your standing in this Consilium. Councilors - such as there are - all the way to the newest arrival. This is a conversation we should have properly had a long time ago, but here we are. Tell me who you support. Because your answer should be Campanella. A Master of the Art. A long-standing, respected member of this Consilium. A demonstrated leader of this City already." He glanced to the two members of the Adamantine Arrow. "And a civilian, to whom the military should answer save for in the direst of circumstances, Arrows. Even in war."

He flashed a grin at Campanella.

"Because if all I had to do to get the right leader to step forward was levy a challenge? Then I have done my duty to this Consilium, and if you are supported, then I do the Wise thing. I will yield. But if these folks won't say, won't verbalize with their mouths that they back you, Councilor? Then we'll rumble.

So tell me, Sacramento. Who do you want to be your Heirarch?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He greeted the newcomers with a chin jut before moving forward into more relevant affairs.
    It was understandable that Master Aurora would withdraw her candidacy. The Thyrsus had better things to do, not that he was in the position to judge anyway.

The Arrow was talkative, and for a moment the Obrimos wondered whether he wasn't a Ladder. So much for a duel to just have the challenge strangled in its crib leaving them with a bad case of vasocongestion. Of course,the Guardian didn't shy away from profanities, and he'd put it into less than scientific terms. Whatever, he shrugged, he sucks at public speech.

He cleared his throat, "So, raise your right hand if you want Campanella for Hierarch. Right for Alastor? That's it, or should I square the circle?", he said without masking his annoyance. In Boston the duel Arcane was a much serious business.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Shodan watches as new faces pour in, paying special attention to Gemini, whom he's not seen in quite some time, and this... Langdon, an unknown variable. The others seem to know him well enough, though, especially Alastor.

Aurora steps out of the fray. Good for her. Good for the city, too, to have people actually understanding their limitations. But what Alastor says and how he says it gives the Prime Mover pause.

"I'm not sure if I follow your reasoning here" He turned to the First Talon "I admit I'm no expert on the magical traditions, what with the crowd I usually hang out with, but isn't a Duel Arcane a super serious, formal matter?" Winter sounds pissed, and Shodan kind of empathizes. It's not that he wanted the two to kick the shit out of each other, it's just that there's something seriously missing here "So if you actually want Campanella to be Hierarch, if you, in your heart of hearts, believe he's your superior in magic and status... then why the hell would you issue a challenge in the first place, only to back down now?" The Obrimos' voice is befuddlement and annoyance in equal measure "I mean, wouldn't reversing the order here be better? Ask the people if they want Campanella as leader and then, if there's no clear opinion, settle the matter with a Duel?"

With how things are going, Shodan seems bound to back the Morors. A Libertine voting for conservatives. A new low, for him at least.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx speaks out from behind everyone.
    "Because no-one else would. The attempts at forming a balanced council failed. Alastor is prepared to lead if he has to. But that's the only time Arrows should lead. When no-one else will."

The Obrimos looks around at the gathered mages. "The First Talon knows there are people better suited to leading, and announced the duel to make it clear he would not simply take charge, but also to draw out those who should." Her tone is clear, authoratitive.

"The point is the Arrows, all of them, will follow the Hierarch, whoever it is. Alastor is recognising a superior opponent, and reminding everyone he doesn't want to lead, but these actions were necessary to galvanize action from others. It is an important part of our philosophy." She says firmly. " That being said, a challenge was issued, accepted, and should be upheld. I say Magus Winter, should Square the Circle, and we can get this underway." Phoenyx looks to both Campenella and Alastor. "I wish you both the best of luck." She gives them a wry half-smile.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes , Ruach, Vincent, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Phoenyx's words and nods at her sentiment. He watches the attendees and the entrance for any shenanigans.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

10. Likes Vincent liked this post
    G
    Gemini

Ideologically, Gemini definitely found herself on Shodan's side of the argument, and having similar liberal thoughts and beliefs were conducive to that. Of course, the Talons had their own ideas about how it all should be. It always seemed to be the Talons who were the most opinionated and the most...aggressive? She stepped closer to the Circle herself to speak.

"It's been said time and again that those who do not wish to lead are often the ones who are the best candidates. But there's a difference in motivation when you want to lead too, when you feel like stepping up is the right thing to do, and not just because someone is strong arming you to do it. If Magus Campanella is really the right person for the job, he should have the position not because he won it in a Duel Arcane but because in his heart, it's what he wants to do."

Her crystal blue eyes scanned the room for reactions as she continued speaking.

"I am not clued in to the reasons the Consilium has gotten to this point. I came home to find my place in this particular society, to grow beyond my mother's instruction. You can make a good case for Campanella here, but I will only support a Hierach who is doing it for the right reasons, not because they were pushed into the role."

The confidence in her eyes lacked the usual warmth, instead there was a coolness about them that seemed to project a 'love me or hate me, this is where I stand' sort of vibe.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Guardian cleared his throat. "We have been called here to witness the challenge issued forth by First Talon Alastor, Scion of the Watchtower of the Iron Gauntlet and accepted by First Degree Master Campanella of the Alae Draconis, Scion of the Watchtower of the Lead Coin, both upstanding members of this Consilium. By means of a duel arcane, they seek not a resolution to a dispute, but to uncover the strongest will, one worthy of the mantle of leadership itself. For it is via merit and merit only, rather than mere desire or mob rule, that we must select our leaders and hone our wills", he paused, a not so subtle jab at the Libertines.

"Please, step forward for your declarations. I, Winter of the Visus Draconis, shall supervise the impartiality of this duel", the mathematics of the lost language of the Spires lulled his senses as his mind grasped for the celestial threads of the Aether.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-11 20:25:07 Winter rolls 6 to Supernal Vision Imp (Gnosis + Prime + HS) (10 Again) 10, 3, 5, 1, 7, 5, 10, 6 2 successes

13. Likes Orianna, Xadun, Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Relief plays across Langdon as one of the new mages in town rebutes the other. It's probably safe to assume that the guy is a Libertine or will be soon enough. Many new faces but where are the old? It is good to see Winter though surprising to see him do this.

Interesting. Langdon nods in agreement with Winter and looks between his senior in the Mysterium and former Cabalmate. Problematic.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K
    Kasterborous

A duel, why is it that conflict continues in this world. No matter how many futures or pasts Kasterborous bears witness to, the eternal conflict of humanity is not lost on anyone, even Mages. He was tempted to look forward into the future to see the outcome. "Spoilers." He said aloud to no one but himself. From what he had seen he was the lone Acanthus in the Consilium and possibly the only mage skilled in the will of Fate and Time.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread