THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett tried to think of the last time he had been in the water, and he couldn't recall. The banter was light among the Supplicants, feeling more like a social club than the rigid, almost monastic structure his last experience had been. Maybe this round he wouldn't be seen as a black sheep; too distracted with the material world to produce anything of note.

Prosper's jaw clenched as he sorted his thoughts. He felt a kindred spirit in Beth's obvious appreciation of positive feedback; his whole life had been about constructing an image that was so much social armour. Hopefully she wasn't torn to pieces as other Kindred hooked their talons into the soft spot, manipulated as she is stretched onto someone else's image. Slave indeed.

"Offering an optimal work environment will definitely give the department a competitive edge. Coworkers working to inspire one another rather than compete is something I have dreamed of. I should stop by to see where the magic happens, it sounds like you all got away with creating a company retreat," a hopeful smile, though not as naive as the design of his appearance. They seem so young, I wonder how many times they've lost themselves to their dominant spirits? Though, what Atticus said could mean this desire came from hard lessons. They were certainly selling it.

"Well, Lina...hm," he casts an eye to the Kine, "How do I put this? I despise the concept of stagnation. A company produces capital when they can offer some form of innovation. Consistent numbers are safe and reliable, but...nothing new will come out of it, ja? I prefer environments that will inspire potential, where the march of time isn't so bleak. Me? I'm not one of those geniuses, not since my accident," he flicks his hand dismissively, as if a cigar was meant to be there, "I work with what I have, to move beyond what God has decided to chain me with. So I don't wake up feeling like there is no change for people like us."

His gaze is serious, aging him for a moment.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird brightened as the praise was reinforced, relaxing in her seat at Lina's and Atticus' words. Atticus' brief promise of violence to Kindred who fail to behave is particularly noticed. Prompting her smirk to return. She was quite certain Atticus could back it up. She had witnessed it after all.

Brieflythis was shaken loose as she saw Garrett's jaw clench, but it proved a momentary distraction as she soon turned to examine her nails, allowing her two betters to gauge the newcomer's value and assess his history. Blackbird was quite vain, but she wasn't dumb. She was still rather new to the Ordo Dracul and wasn't about to discuss she knew little about in detail. Thus, she chose to practice some of the lessons her sire had instilled in her years within the Court of San Jose.

Part of social grace is knowing when to shut your mouth and listen.

Besides, Garrett's words weren't meant for her. They were meant for Lina to show his value and his reasoning for choosing Sacramento. Why would she intervene?

L
    Lina Moretti

"Heated pool. You gotta take advantage," she muttered to Atticus about his lack of trunks. His compliments made her give a little shrug, and she considered Garrett's assessment before speaking. "All for the greater work, right? That's the thing. We work together, we get further. Long as we keep our eye on the ball."

It was a nice idea. Hard, for Kindred, each of whom had a Beast - but discipline, meeting needs and Power was what kept the Beast in check while people moved in the same direction toward the Great Work. Everyone liked to feed. Everyone liked safety. Everyone needed community, even if the monster in the Blood didn't, and having access to power in the greater community never hurt. Trick was, making sure she had the Power, and shared enough to give each individual Dragon self-determination within their structure.

Man, this guy was intense. Magnetic, to be sure, but there was something there that was just sure. She nodded, understanding writ on her youthful, oh-so-humane face.

"Mine is a mission of coming up with something that has never been seen before, far as I know. To boldly go, and all that. We've got a lot of potential needs realizing here, for those with the dedication to chase it. You've Changed before, yes?"

Veiled. Did he have a Coil?

A
    Atticus James

Atticus didn't have much else to say, he didn't want to push Garrett over the deep end, so he decided to stop messing with the magnetic young man.

He is a good looking kid, a bit soft, I wonder how he is with his hands

Speaking of good looking, Atticus' eyes easily find Blackbirds, He just gives her a little grin, nothing further, as he focuses on his drink.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett smiles to himself as he swirls the hunk of ice in his Old Fashioned. The word game was entertaining.

Atticus mooning at Blackbird was also entertaining.

"I haven't been a very good Supplicant when it comes to the God of education. I have to blame my taste in material things," he sighs, eyes flicking from his suit to Lina's unwavering attention, "I've changed some, though. My trials and tribulations in the field have made me no stranger to Terror."

He rests his chin in his hand again as he looks at the other two Dragons, not wanting to bore them with his resume. "Do you find you are all making good money to be moving to this department? I say tastes can always get expensive if you try hard enough."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird smirked as Lina not-so-subtly suggested Atticus just skinny dip in the pool.

"What's a quick dip among friends?" she teases in turn.

As Lina continues to speak to wean more information out of the newest Supplicant, Blackbird takes the opportunity to quietly order a Rum and Coke. Simple. Effective. Tasty.

Geez, Lina, I thought we were off hours.

The amusing thought pulls a small, mirthful smile to the neonate's lips, but she does not say anything. She understands why the Grand Wyrm is doing it after all.

Liabilities and assets.

She catches Atticus' grin and glance, gifting him with the same in turn. It was a dangerous game the two were playing, but whether Blackbird considered him an amusing friend, a momentary plaything, or perhaps something more hadn't been explored. What Blackbird did know is that they had similar interests and outlooks, despite what was likely a vastly different experience in the Curse. It was worth exploring. Even through playful barbs.

When the talk moves to material goods, the bird perks up, turning her attention to Garrett. She'd offer a half-shrug. Blackbird was a creature of luxury. In many ways, she was all about the material. If the time came, separating from such things would be a trial in and of itself.

"In the department? Nah, I haven't made much headway," she offers, "but I just transferred. In the past I've mostly made my money in acquisitions and sales."

A half truth. Blackbird had an established net in the Black Market. It had proven profitable enough for her alongside other ventures. How was she able to afford the lifestyle she chose to lead otherwise?

L
    Lina Moretti

Were Atticus and Blackbird...?

Blinking twice and moving along, Moretti flashed a smile to Prosper. "Is that right? Well. I feel Terror too, with these sorts of ventures. Just let it power you forward, rather than sending you backward." She placed her hands down on the table, glancing to the others. "Tell you what, folks. Why don't we bring it back to the House? Privacy is great..."

Blink. Blink.

"So is a hot tub. You into it?"

A
    Atticus James

Garrett's question about money made Atticus laugh, "I'd check another department if you want money. It ain't about the money for me." Atticus meant this absolutely literally. Lina and Bird know that Atticus literally lives out of a rucksack. In the smallest room of the house, he sleeps on the floor in an OD Green military issued Sleeping bag and a yoga mat because he's that guy. The only thing hanging up for clothes was the off the rack suit he bought for court.

"The results though, the results speak for themselves."

Atticus turned to the boss lady, "I am ready to roll when you are." The hot tub doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett nods, "No,
    I agree: change comes from within, and every journey is different. However,"
    he grins, "if the department is ever needing some investments, I am a large fan of your work. Innovation and education should not be hindered due to lack of patronage."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

So many Kindred had modest nests, suiting their needs, but not their wants.

In comparison, the nest of Sacramento's Dragons may as well be made of gold and ivory. It was a thing of luxury and comfort. Therefore, it likely would come as no surprise to the established Dragons when Blackbird brightened at the prospect of taking the evening to their home in Florin.

"A hot tub on a chilly night? You're really twisting my arm, Lina,"
    she said, her voice heavy with playful sarcasm, "I'm ready to head when you are."

As she drank in her simple concoction, the bird turned her attention back to Garrett as he spoke of a willingness to invest in Atticus' trials. Her own wealth was a point of pride for Blackbird, she could afford to be more than comfortable and the newcomer's statement itself stunk of money.

Subtle, Moneybags. Subtle.

She'd grant the German a knowing smirk. He was either trying to leverage his money for building relations with the chapter or he'd turn his investment back around at some point in the future and request a boon. It would take time to properly assess the man's motives, but for now Blackbird would err on the side of caution.

"I'm not exactly hurting for cash myself," she'd offer, turning her glance to Atticus, "So if you need a new tub? Let me know."

Blackbird allowed her smirk to grow into a smile. She felt she accomplished quite a bit with that statement. It seemed necessary to reveal to Garrett that he wasn't the only one with money to throw around. Part of it was pride, certainly, but the man was still an unknown quantity despite their shared affiliation. Why risk an ally becoming indebted to an untested figure when you can ensure their security yourself?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.