Ended
Watch

A Night at the Saloon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Was that an Ordo Dracul pun? She looked entertained, a twinkle in her all-too-human eyes as she muttered, "Nice..."

Returning to the latter half of his statement though, she wondered if he was from a place that didn't have those things. An eyebrow popped for a moment. "You used to seeing it go otherwise?"

A
    Atticus James

Atticus strolled by Blackbird as he makes his way to accept Lina's invitation. As he strolls he says, "You following me around Bethie?" Atticus' voice carries a jovial tone to it. He's friendly teasing her.

"Evening Lina." Atticus says to his boss with a nod of is head. The metaphysical battle of the kindred around is easily dealt with. The Supplicant trucked with no nonsense from his beast. "How's it going, Atticus James, I work with Lina." Atticus extended his hand to the Baby-faced Kindred.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett affirms the shake with confidence, "Evening, Mr. James. I was hoping I would run into you at some point. You know, without being on the wrong end of the law," he chuckles. He lets Atticus pick which side of the booth without indicating preference, though quietly wishes for whatever space the Kindred would relent to before he slipped something rude.

"Ms. Moretti, yes, to answer your question: my education was lacking due to the issues Mitteleuropa was dealing with that the time," Prosper shrugs, "I focused on my own accomplishments and waited it out. Time is not much of a concern when it comes to proper study, and I'd rather not meet halfway with distractions. Sacramento seems to have...an open mind."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

(Blush and Drinking)Vitae 2 Spent
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird watches as Atticus approaches, her smirk tugging into a playful smile as he opts to tease her.

"I can think of worse ways to spend my night, Atticus," she says, sneaking in a tease of her own as she slides off the bar stool.

She'd lag behind a bit, but roll up shortly after the Supplicant of Terror.

"Hey, Lina," she offered. The little bird tried to keep it casual, friendly even. She liked Lina and knew full well the Sheriff didn't have the same tendencies towards formality as herself.

Turning a pale gaze to the newblood Blackbird would take her time searching his features as she waited for Atticus to finish his own introductions.

"Beth," she offered once an opportunity arose, "but some call me BB."

Blackbird would decide against extending her hand, however. Atticus had already done so and she felt she was being friendly enough. Besides, sticking it in there while Atticus had his out seemed like it would be awkward.

5. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"Lina's fine in off-hours," Moretti said with a little wave of the hand, waving off the formality, waving off the unnecessary rigidness. They'd have plenty of on hours, where she would be Sheriff or Grand Wyrm Moretti. They were in public. "And you're right. This town... our department is well positioned. Very well, depending on who you ask. And the CEO really seems to like us."

Compared to the other Covenants save for the Invictus, she loved their position.

"But we can get into that privately." The Masquerade being what it was, they needed to play it kosher. She turned her attention to Atticus, to Blackbird. "Guys, Garrett Prosper here is a new transfer to town. Works for Dragon Software, too. Garrett, Atticus and BB are our coworkers."

Do the math. They were all playing for the same team. They had a new friend to get acclimatized to their organization.

"You'll find if you hang out in Florin, you'll run into the lot of us often. That's where our office HQ is at."

A
    Atticus James

"Good to meet you, Garrett. I do the work the lady tells me too, in this case, she hasn't told me to break your legs, yet." Atticus slides in next to Garrett, hope you don't mind the inside boyo, his voice is very serious as is his face. He then grins, he was playing with the kid.

"Hey Bethie." Atticus said giving her a smile. Atticus certainly was enjoying himself when it came to the playful war of words he and Bird were having. "Beth, recently joined our department and is a rising star."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett becomes extremely invested in the contours of the ice in his drink as his ego is driven against the wall, howling at Atticus' proximity. He meets the Kindred's gaze, smile faltering slightly as he fights the feeling of being cornered, "So what's your favourite method of sorting out miscreants?" he chuckles, "The Axe?" Prosper makes a chopping motion with his hand, nodding at the other slight woman. He's out of range for a handshake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Beth. So, everyone is eager to create a foundation of stability here. Good deeds do not go unnoticed, I'm sure. Lina's done well to enforce an image, it seems." The Savage quirks a brow, "Is that why you picked this department?"

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird takes the seat next to Lina, sliding in the booth as she eyes the reaction of the German to the proximity of the Savage Whip. His want to distract the Beast was noted.

He's certainly practiced...

"The best thing about HQ is its modesty," Blackbird teased, playful sarcasm dancing along her words. A glint of pride shone on the neonate's flesh. She was all too happy to contribute to the communal haven, but her love for it was already well known amongst the established Dragons.

A smile tugged at Blackbird's lips, her form relaxing as Atticus offered his praise and quickly gained her attention. The bird would let her gaze linger on the rugged Supplicant for a few long moments, drinking in the nectar with which he sought to feed her ego. Blackbird was enjoying her play with Atticus, but, if Blackbird's attentive gaze was anything to go by, his influence was building with the neonate. For the moment.

After this pause, she turned her attention to Garrett once more, "Atticus is too kind... I'm still learning, though I am happy to see my contributions are so well received."

As Prosper spoke of foundations and later fielded his question regarding her motives of joining the order, Blackbird visibly pondered how to reply. Whether this was caution related to speaking with a new face or due to their being in the company of kine was unknown. Perhaps a little of both.

"A House without stability can only hope to crumble," she states, waxing philosophical for a moment, "But no, I didn't join the department purely on the image Lina created or a desire for stable connections. I want what all of you want. In the end, it was simple as that."

As complex and varied as each Dragon's approach was to the Coils, each had the same ultimate goal. Loosen the ties of the Curse and become something... better.

L
    Lina Moretti

The sheer amount of flirty banter flying back and forth between her Deputies brought a little smirk to the senior Dragon's face. She glanced to each, curious to know what this was, but choosing not to say anything. "The best thing about HQ is everything," Lina practically purred. She wasn't a glutton for anything, not like Blackbird - no, Lina wanted to live the life, and now they all could. "We enforce the image together through collective action, and make it a reality by doing so. You'll have to come see it. It's really quite something." She flashed a grin. "Bring a swimsuit."

And a cold tub... and a sensory deprivation tub...
    "You're doing good, Beth. Keep it up. You're going to make a big breakthrough in your research soon, I just know it." Wink. It was a very casual way to discuss something so incredibly challenging. Until she had achieved her first Chrysalis, Blackbird couldn't possibly understand what this all actually was. That moment was incredible. Life-changing, truly, for until the world moved a sliver, conceptualizing how to move it an inch was all hypothetical. That first sliver was the key, to learn it was possible for yourself...

"So, back at you, Garrett. Why'd you pick this department?"

He was interested in asking others. He could answer his own question.

A
    Atticus James

The deputy smiled at Garrett's question, "For the most part, a few sharp or mindful words do the trick. In my experience idiocy comes from a lack of common sense." Atticus explained, "If the words don't work, well, my hands do the work."

"I agree BB, it has such a humility about it." Atticus smiled as Lina also makes his point about Blackbird's potential. He knew he could see it and he wasn't the only one. Atticus points at Lina as she finishes the encouragement of Blackbird, as he raises a drink to his mouth he says "Told ya so," to BB, giving her a wink.

"Yeah, swim trunks, I should probably get one of those," Atticus said remembering the last time he was in the cold tub he had compression shorts on.

"Lina's leadership has given us a lot of benefits, and that bit about togetherness and collective action is the thing I agree the most with her about. A ship crew ain't worth its weight in bait if they are not working together and our department is exactly the same."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.