Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Whatever you need. I'll help out where I can."

Ingratiating himself to the Sherriff seems like a good way to start his time within the Domain. That and a good way to refine those foosball skills. Though for the moment he's having trouble passing to his offensive spinner. He's forced to make another wild shot, testing luck again. Though it's about this time she takes her hands off the spinner handles and his eyes dart between her and the table. The ball kerplunks into her goal and Derek grimaces again, wondering if he'll be accused of taking unfair advantage.

"Uh, oops," he mutters, eyes following as she points locations out on the map. A small apartment is it? Keeping a diminished presence is fitting for the Shadow trying not to rock the preverbial boat. Tenancy, for now at least, seems a longer term goal that would come with time and effort.

"R..right, that's good to know. I'll probably keep a low profile anyway. The, uh, Prince...I haven't really had a chance to introduce myself. Am I expected to speak with her or should I keep my distance until she has need of me? You mentioned you had some difficulty when you first met her, if I remember correctly? Every Prince has their own preferences and personality. Knowing anything he could about Her preferences would help avoid disaster.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Take the point," Moretti said, unconcerned. It seemed the Sheriff expected she could get another point. Idly, she found herself wondering if it would be cheating to pop her afterburners while playing foosball.

As he studied the map, Lina waited, sitting on the edge of her desk. "Now that you're Acknowledged, if she's free in Court, you can probably talk to her if she looks like she's just chilling, long as you're appropriately respectful. She does that. Hangs out, doesn't let new people know who she is. Legitimately, that was what happened when I got here. I bumped into her and was talking to her. The Reeve at the time sent a Deputy over to make sure it was okay and I ended up offering a trivial to make sure it was all good. Prince Antinori didn't take it. Said it was all good. So. That tells you something good about who she is. Trust me. Antinori isn't the type to be shy if she doesn't like a thing. If she doesn't want to talk, she'll tell you."

A grin flashed across her face for a moment.

"Just, uh... don't call her 'My Prince'. It's an Invictus thing. Your Majesty or Prince Antinori is fine."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Something about how Lina describes the Prince sounds endearing. A chill Prince sounds ideal to Derek.

"Sounds fair. And unlike the Princes I've met in the past. Thank you for, uh, letting me know."

The Shadow straightens up a bit and steps back from the foosball table. His eyes dart between Lina and the blackboard again, thoughtfully.

"You've been very, um, accommodating. Thank you. It's...difficult for me sometimes to relax around other Kindred. I mean, not relax, exactly, but to not be so, uh, such a spaz. I wasn't really that...social before the Embrace, and it just got more difficult after. But I appreciate your patience."

L
    Lina Moretti

The Sheriff slid the map away as he straightened, nodding and rising. "You're welcome. All I ask is that you contribute and remain on the right side of the law. You do that, you'll do just fine here, Mitnick."

A hand gestured to the fooz.

"One all. We gonna finish this game?"

I'm good to wrap here if you are!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek musters a smile with a semblance of sincerity for once. "I, uh, plan to, eheh."

He nods, curious himself how the game might end as he returns to the spinners.

Same! Thanks for the scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread