Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1901) Thomas and Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

"Is this a super private matter, or would you just like to step down the hall a little?" She asked the polite gentleman. The way he moved, he could have been any number of Clans but she was pretty sure he was a Lord.

"Forgive me, for I am unsure of your name. I don't think we've formally met quite yet." Vivian grinned with a friendly smile.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"A... super private matter?" The Lord looks quite perplexed for a moment "Oh no, nothing of the sort. I am simply trying to place myself on the horizon of the Domain officials, making sure they know of my willingness to aid the community and perhaps trying to learn something about them in the process. If nothing else, making myself known to the Court prevents any misconception of ill-intent or, worse yet, rudeness" He allows himself a smile, knowing full well that bad manners among vampires of this potency are an equivalent of a death sentence.

Thomas distinctly remembers introducing himself to Vivian back in December, but see above. Pointing out the error is like asking for the removal of one's head, and given the Daevas' famed talent for superhuman speed, he wouldn't even see it coming. So instead, his tone assumes a more formal mantle when he says "Then let me introduce myself properly. Thomas Boyle of Clan Ventrue, an Acolyte of the Crone and a student of the Blood, at your service. Arrived recently from Salt Lake City, if such details interest you"

A pause "So, a fire and ice theme? Was it you who came up with it, Seneschal? I'm feeling compelled to commend the author's ingenuity... Are themed galas like that regular in Sacramento?" Those that know Thomas realize he isn't one for fancy dresses. But there's no hiding the respect in his voice when talking about a finely woven concept. Like now, for example.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva watched Thomas' face and for a moment wondered why he gave her the look he did. Then she realized why. "Sorry, it is a protocol for me to ask these questions when someone finds me directly unless I know they are brand new and need an acknowledgement."

She smiled in a warming matter despite that she wasn't blushed. "Officially a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Thomas Boyle I drove through Utah on my way here. I can't remember if I stopped in Salt Lake City or another town before a long pause in Nevada. Well, long pause, a few days, not just a quick overnight thing if that makes sense."

"I appreciate you putting forth the effort and getting to know officials. It truly makes a statement in a positive manner when things are done with politeness and proper regard. Building trust like this speaks highly of you, and your clan. I think Harpy Simmons will be most pleased to hear it." This man was the total opposite of another person who seemed to think that she had nothing to do but drop everything all the time.

"So with that, what services are you capable of Mr. Boyle?" Her head tilted slightly, more than curious at what his skill may be.

Vivian's hands moved back and forth. "Oh, no I could not take credit for this. I am fairly positive the Prince herself was behind it. She loves themed courts, but doesn't often pick them. The Harpy and I have discussed other themes that we'll hopefully be putting forth very soon." With that the Daeva saw Rebecca Simmons enter court and she gave her a bow and nod.

T
    Thomas Boyle

"Well, if you haven't been there and ever find the time in between your duties, then I encourage you to visit" Thomas smiles, but there's little mirth to the expression "That is, if you enjoy the near constant theological dispute evolving from a heated argument to a crusade and back again in the course of two weeks. I know I did, in a way. Still, as they say: even the best wine can be poison if you drink too much" Thamas pauses "But on that note, where do you originally hail from, Seneschal?"

He chuckles softly when Vivian commends his conduct "Well, what can I say? I'm of the Ventrue. It brings us back pains if we are rude to people" There's, of course, a difference between being polite and being kind, a fact that the Seneschal undoubtedly knows as well.

"As for my skills" Well, there it goes again, the CV part "I pride myself on knowing things. Most occult topics, humanities, biology... I've had a lot of time to study in life and unlife alike, and have gotten quite good at finding patterns in the facts available to me. The number of friends I've made in Sacramento's academic community seems to appreciate it. Being an envoy of the Circle helped me to build on a knack for understanding and convincing others, as well" That's the abridged version, anyway. He's managed to not appear as a self-centered knob so far and would like to keep it that way.

"Then I anxiously wait to see what's in store. I don't think you would be willing to lift the veil just a little?" His tone is the best version of playful he can muster. The clans all have a trait of character they find abhorrent. For Ventrue, it's rudeness. For the Succubi, as far as he knows, it's being boring.

V
    Vivian York

The brow rose over her eyes in cross between several emotions. "Well, I do enjoy the Crones beliefs. They are intriguing. I use to... associate with an Acolyte years ago in Sacramento. But some of the Kine's religions. My stars, I do not understand the constant disputes. I've heard that Utah has a lot of Mormons. Now, I don't know much about their religion but only that they take on multiple wives. I am sure there is far more to it. Needless to say, I would probably not venture there unless I had a guide to take me to important or at least entertaining locations." The Daeva winked at Thomas.

Her finger rose. "As where I am from, first it was London. I was born there and so on. Many years later, I hopped across the pond to Toronto where I was eventually Embraced. I spent many, many years in Toronto. I left because the Domain had a new Prince who was starting to become a Tyrant. Needless to say, that is why I relocated here; after a nice long adventure through northern America. I never did drift too far south."

His skills didn't seem all that rare, yet, knowing how to use those skills was more rare. Vivian's eyes were pleased that he would be good at piecing things together, especially if called to use them. "It seems you are a renaissance man when it comes to vast knowledge. I bet that the Sheriff will find you most useful." She didn't want to get into it further, tonight was for fun.

Crooking her finger, she leans toward Thomas. When he bends his ear to her, she whispers, touching his arm softly in the process. "There's been talk of roaring twenties and eight's themes. Neither have been solidly book, but they've been talked about. Other decade themes as well. Just something fun and potentially left to amusing interpretation." Vivian pulled back slightly to gauge his reaction.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Intriguing? Well, that's one way to put it "I don't think the Mormons practice polygamy anymore. Not the majority, anyway. They disavowed the practice more than a century ago to appease the government" Cowards. If you claim something is fundamental to your identity and then discard it when it becomes inconvenient, what other thing are you? "But you're right, there's far more to their views. I'm certain that we can arrange for a longer meet if you ever feel like discussing the various religious beliefs of Kindred and kine. Or any other topic, really. One of the perks of years of research is that you learn to appear knowledgeable in areas you know nothing about. I'm also certain that I could learn much from you" It takes some power of will to acknowledge the wink with a smile only "Well, I'd be honored to offer such service. Just say the word" Knowing full well this will never happen. Feudalism has a way of tying the powerful to the land they govern, and the distance is way to big for a quick jaunt.

"London?" Well, that explains the accent. Seems like the Prince's Court is composed mostly of the Old Worlders "And Toronto? That's quite a journey. Was it a career opportunity? A family member?" He does the Too Many Questions thing. Again. Thomas looks to the ground for a moment to show humility and quickly adds "I'm sorry. Sometimes the inquisitiveness gets the better of me and turns to being nosy. A function of my studies, I'm sure"

"I already spoke with the Sheriff and her Deputy, Blackbird. They seem very capable and I await working with them" There's respect in the Lord's voice. It may have something to do with them being members of his second-favorite Covenant "Are there any other Deputies I should find before the Court ends? I forgot to ask Sheriff Moretti, it's really quite embarassing" Thomas smiles apologetically.

Well, he didn't expect contact that close, but Thomas yields to it nonetheless. You don't say no to a Seneschal, and certainly not one so radiant. When Vivian pulls back he answers "I see. Well, I might have just the thing in mind..." The roguish grin is a visible sign of his mind hard at work.

V
    Vivian York

There were reasons that the human world of religion was something she never bothered with; it was confusing as Hades. "My my, I am very disconnected, but yes, I think a session of just talking about it would be very good to do. I'd like to very much discuss it at another time, I think someone listening may not like what you or I may have to say." She chuckled softly, but one never knew who may get suddenly offended.

"My travels too, could also be discussed at that time. As some of it plays into religion as well." Her brow crooked enough to seem like there was far more to the story than she lead on.

Vivian shook her head. "Last I checked, I believe Atticus James is also a deputy. Other than that, I am not sure. The Sheriff has been very diligent in choosing deputies in a swift manner."

The Daeva caught his playful grin. "Well, now it will be a matter of what you may have up your sleeve and will it match the theme that is chosen so I can see what your cogs are moving around to tease about the fashion you'd choose for the theme."

T
    Thomas Boyle

As the Daeva's brow crooks, so does the Ventrue's rising slightly to indicate interest. Especially wondering what her peregrinations have to do with religion "Well then, I hope we get to speak at length soon. Sounds like one night won't be enough for such a variety of topics"

"Atticus James? Is it that man over there?" Thomas cocks his head toward the suited man who's just joined Mable, Elettra and Krieg "I'll make sure to speak to him. I'm certain our interests cross, at least in the department of being an enigma to one another"

Thomas hums audibly "It depends on the dress code, I suppose. If it's strictly formal, I'd probably experiment with black and white. Maybe do a negative of what colors the items of clothing usually were. Or I could just do my best Count Orlok impression, but I fear that'd be read as mocking to the Domain's Nosferatu" Fear. But isn't that what the haunts are all about? "The formal eighties probably mean broad shoulders on pinstripe suits. With crew-neck t-shirts underneath, to make things a bit more memorable" It occurs to Thomas that he hasn't talked as much about fashion and dressing up in decades, possibly ever. Must be the famous Succubus influence.

"You mentioned before that if you were to go to Salt Lake, you'd need to know where the entertaining places are. Would you mind pointing out some of those Sacramento has to offer? Frankly, I didn't have much time to explore yet, and with you being a long time resident I thought I'd cut some corners" He smiles.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian smiled with a quick nod in agreement. Time later speaking would be most riveting she thought. "I agree, one might may not do justice."

"Yes, Mr. James is the man over there speaking to the Acolyte Haunt Kreig, of whom I've hope you met by now." The Daeva chuckled softly, but she hoped they'd met at least by now.

Shrugging, she wouldn't know what all the protocols would be by then. "Well, I think if it were a themed court, you would be required to dress according to the theme. If the attire you desire at least matches the theme, formal or not, I think it would be perfectly reasonable." At the mention of dressing like the old classic movie monster Vivian playfully quirked a brow. "Really, you would come as Count Orlok? Well, it would go one of two ways; not bad with snickering or a complete flop and incur the ire of the Nosferatu."

"Let's also not forget the Breakfast club attire from the Eighties! Flannel, bandannas and the lot!" Although looking at Thomas, she wouldn't know which one he would be. "There were more movies from that genre then as well. Terrible prom dresses and bright tuxedos." The bright tuxedo she could most definitely see the Ventrue in.

Her eyes widened a little when the Lord mentioned entertainment. "There is Archon Twist's theatre, if that fits your fancy. The Shady Lady Saloon is one of my favorites, Reverence and also..." She snickered with a devilish look. "Smoke and Glass, which is a brand new establishment in town. I hear it has it's own cigar vault in a lower level as well!"

L
    Lina Moretti

Making her way over with Jacque in tow, the Sheriff stopped at a polite distance, giving the pair a nod to indicate her desire to join them without diving in cold.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.